Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87917 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 3: The hulk and the dead]
« Reply #330 on: December 04, 2010, 12:29:34 am »

Stop scumhunting, no.  Lynch Zath, yes.

If he's not scum?  We hunt till we find out who is.  And there's no harm.

I *have* thought about the possibility, and here's what I came up with...

Assume Zath is somehow town.  Assume the NK happens as normal.

It'll be 4 players living, so two things should happen.  One, no-lynch, and two, the green sorc should claim.  Not today, but only if there is a mislynch today.  Why claim?  Even if he gets NKed the night of the no-lynch, he'll still get his power off the night before LYLO, and be as useful as possible.  Second, that'll either confirm him (no counterclaims) or narrow it down to two (someone counterclaims).  Third, the maximum amount of information would be available to base the last lynch off of, and we'll know what effect the powers have had.

Obviously, if there's a good power-based reason not to claim, green sorc shouldn't, but I can't picture one.

Two final points:  First, let me reiterate- Green sorc, do NOT claim today.  Second, I realize I said we should keep scumhunting and then failed to actually do any in this post.  That happened because I'm absolutely convinced it's Zath, and I'm simply out of time to do it tonight.  I'm gone this weekend, but I'll give you analysis when I get back Sunday night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2010, 02:20:53 pm »

We're again three hours from day end and only half a dozen posts since the last time we were here. What a waste of an extension. If you guys didn't want to discuss more, you shouldn't have gone along with it.

Kamina & Lemon, please restate your case on me if you are still going to vote me, and give your thoughts on my and Irony's points on Jokerman and/or Toaster.

I'd still like all those who are or will be voting me to state for the record who their second scum choice is, and how much egg on their face they'll have if the game is not over tonight.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2010, 03:07:28 pm »

No wonder I forgot to post in this thread- no one else did either.

It's hard to pick anyone else out from beside the glowing beacon of scum that is Jethras, but... maybe Joker for lurkiness and some early question marks beside him.  I'm still confident he's town though because of process of elimination.

Zath, at least you did do a decent job of trying to convince people you weren't scum.  Too bad you are.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2010, 03:22:49 pm »

It's hard to pick anyone else out from beside the glowing beacon of scum that is Jethras,

I notice that you failed to restate your case against me, though. You went as far as to dismiss my counterclaims on the Person interaction, adding "I, of course, have no proof for that, but it's a possibility."

Could you elaborate on the glowing beacon of scum that is me? Other than having voted & called out Person for lurking, and having mistakenly assumed Green was scum school?

Quote from: Toaster
Zath, at least you did do a decent job of trying to convince people you weren't scum.  Too bad you are.

Too bad I'm not, so how much egg on your face will you have tomorrow, and how scummy will this post make you look after the mislynch? Will you eat you shoe if I flip town?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2010, 03:36:31 pm »

This post is the bulk of the case.

Having trouble deciding which of me or Joker you can try to get to hang instead of you?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2010, 04:00:59 pm »

This post is the bulk of the case.

...so, the bulk of the glowing beacon of scummitude is that one post? The one about the green school again?

Please reread my earlier comments on that, and tell us if you still think that it's a glowing beacon of scummitude that prevents you from looking seriously at alternatives:

The main argument against JS at the moment seems to be this post, where he thinks Green is confirmed scum school. It clearly isn't, and his thinking is indubitably faulty, but see it from his point of view: he did support blue N1, as directed by Jim's (fucking goddamned) plan. This does mean that the scum apprentice didn't support his own school; switching to another one instead. His error was in assuming that they switched to the actual scum school instead of away from it. So yeah, dumb, but lynching me just for that?
This had occurred to me, and I knew you'd be savvy enough to think of it. I was curious as to JS's reasoning, however.

What gets me about it, however, is that he would, for lack of a better word, panic that much. It really did seem like a "Guys I did this so I can't be scum!!!" type of post, partially because he mentioned it at all, partially because he claimed it confirmed green as scum, but partially because of the way it was worded. I'm not sure I'd expect JS to be that nervous as town.
I wouldn't want to presume to know his inner thoughts, but I think it was because he honestly thought he found a hidden truth, and was excited about it. He hasn't been a very successful player, so if he though he found a shiny new thing, he'd be liable to yell "hey guys! look! I found something! I'm not as stupid as you guys think! I'm useful! looook!"

...I'd add that if he was scum, he'd know blue was the scum school, and would have had no incentive to open his mouth at all (and likely would have been told that over scum chat).

So, is that it for the glowing beacon, or do you have anything else?

Having trouble deciding which of me or Joker you can try to get to hang instead of you?
Well, I don't know which one of you is the one remaining scum. I'm positive it's one of you or Jokerman, but you are both sufficiently scummy to be it. I think he's scummier in general, but you're catching up fast.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Night 3: Zathras vs Zathras]
« Reply #336 on: December 06, 2010, 05:21:50 pm »

>>> End of Day 3 <<<

Zathras (5) - Jokerman-EXE, KaminaSquirtle, lemon10, Toaster, Zathras
Jokerman-EXE (2) - IRONYOWL, AVATAR OF LIFE
IronyOwl (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
lemon10 (0) -
Toaster (0) -

You didn't know him long, but you're sure that Zathras is scum. As the day drags on into one big staring contest, each of you daring the others to look away, someone finally snaps! What? Jetsquirrel's back? Madness!

Jetsquirrel and Zathras wrestle each other to the ground in a fight to the deaths. Both of their death. Unfortunately, they're innocent. Turns out Zathras was telling the truth after all.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 4: There's some IronyOwl on your shoe]
« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2010, 01:04:25 pm »

>>> Day 4 <<<
Day Ends: 9 Dec 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists (or lack thereof) before the day ends.

Shortly before dawn, you're awoken by the sound of deafening screams coming from IronyOwl's room.  You get there only to find IronyOwl missing. Strange red bits and pieces cover the walls. You wonder what those could be. Suspended in the middle of the room, taunting you in glowing letters:

IronyOwl dies
does anyone miss him ... nope
watch your step next time

Only four of you left and there's still one Spoon-Bearing Dark Sorcerer about!  You'd better catch him soon!

Remaining Players
Jokerman-EXE
KAMINASQUIRTLE, AVATAR OF LIFE
lemon10
Toaster

Remaining Schools
Green Magic

Yesterday's subport
Green Magic - 3 Apprentices
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:33:55 pm by JanusTwoface »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 4: There's some IronyOwl on your shoe]
« Reply #338 on: December 07, 2010, 01:30:29 pm »

A four hour day?  I think you have the time wrong.

I still say no lynch and green sorc should claim, unless he knows a very good reason why he shouldn't.

Rereading thread now- new suspicion shortly.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #339 on: December 07, 2010, 01:33:32 pm »

A four hour day?  I think you have the time wrong.
Time is right, date was wrong. It's been a long week (and it's only Tuesday).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 07, 2010, 02:10:32 pm »

My guess goes to Jokerman for his passive gameplay, especially day 2.  Also, this post (and yours in the quote stack) still bug the hell out of me, in a "Let's see how hard we can discredit Jim" way.  When Jim throws it back in your face, you back off it.

KaminaHere you indicate you're going to reread things, but you never get back to it.  What does your reread tell you?

Finally, everyone:  If you agree with my no-lynch, please state who you suspect and why.  If you don't... say why you're voting the person you're voting.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 07, 2010, 03:23:22 pm »

Bah, humbug. From beyond the grave I blow a loud, irresistible, implacable raspberry to all of you for wasting a perfectly good extension. Double-bah.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say. It is good he does not mind. Has even grown to like it, yes.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 07, 2010, 04:32:28 pm »

What's the benefit of a no-lynch?

My current suspect is lemon10[, but it's hard to argue with him without him showing up. Somewhat hypocritical, I know, but at least I'm here.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 07, 2010, 04:59:57 pm »

There are four people alive.  Letting one get NKed off reduces the possibility of a mislynch.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 07, 2010, 08:09:19 pm »

Hm... i vote for no lynch.
If we mislynch then their are two people next day, which would be guaranteed win for the scum
If we novote, then it would be 3 the next day, which improves the odds for us.
on the flipside, i don't see a way to guarantee a novote, all the scum would have to do is vote for someone at the last minute and he would stand a very good chance if winning (the only way he would lose is if the last person gets the double vote from the green sorc). So we can't preve
I think that the "avatar of life" thing has a pretty good chance of meaning that the person can't be killed while it's on. So if we all vote for kamina, then no one will die today (or mabey kamina WILL die, but i hope not).

Correct me if im wrong (in which case the above paragraph doesn't matter), but you can't actually vote for a no lynch right (by which i mean if 3 people vote no lynch and one votes me, then would i not get lynched)?

What's the benefit of a no-lynch?

My current suspect is lemon10[, but it's hard to argue with him without him showing up. Somewhat hypocritical, I know, but at least I'm here.
Yeah, i know i need to post more, but you aren't exactly all that talkative either jokerman.
I think it's jokerman, but i suppose i am being hypocritical as well, since i haven't really posted much either and the reason i suspect him is that he hasn't posted alot.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26