Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87869 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 2: Jim shaped smear]
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2010, 12:56:53 am »

i think we got a confirmed scum school and that is green, since jim probaly wanted to balance the votes amongst all 3 schools to not let scum have 3 guys while he may have chosen 1 guy more for himself to get 3 apprentices. As i can say honestly i voted for blue since that is what i red in Jims PM. SO that means that the guy who should've have voted for blue switched to green, and they obvously killed JIM to wipe out all evidence. BUt what we can do now is either vote for noone or vote for blue but voting for green is no option as he can use his best powers if you dont change the votes.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2010, 12:58:33 am »

or wait what are those vibrant hues of life magic? is that the power of green sorc?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2010, 01:33:20 am »

Honestly, yes.

And I would point out, if he had three supports and was killed, wouldn't that mean that the other three-support school is the scum one? Maybe I don't understand the rules fully.
Three supports meant he had access to his highest-level spell, nothing more.

i think we got a confirmed scum school and that is green, since jim probaly wanted to balance the votes amongst all 3 schools to not let scum have 3 guys while he may have chosen 1 guy more for himself to get 3 apprentices. As i can say honestly i voted for blue since that is what i red in Jims PM. SO that means that the guy who should've have voted for blue switched to green, and they obvously killed JIM to wipe out all evidence. BUt what we can do now is either vote for noone or vote for blue but voting for green is no option as he can use his best powers if you dont change the votes.
Read more carefully. Green had as many votes as it was supposed to, meaning if someone changed their vote, another person would have had to as well in the other direction. Not only that, one of the schools that is missing a vote is confirmed town.

A more sensible answer is that you're the scum apprentice. We only have two confirmed people who did not assist as Jim directed, presumably being the surviving sorcerers. So either scum got lucky, assisted against its best interests, or the people ignoring/going against Jim's advice evened out almost perfectly.

Your quickness in claiming to have assisted blue is also interesting. You don't seem to mind narrowing down the number of apprentices sorcerers can hide behind, and it almost sounds like a confession. Jetsquirrel, are you taking refuge in audacity by admitting to have assisted your scum school?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2010, 03:37:16 am »

I have to ask how you guys are divining this information from the supports. As far as I can tell, all options are still on the table.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2010, 04:51:03 am »

Damn it Jim. You made yourself a living target when you were actually a sorcerer? They couldn't not kill you once you had all the data!

Nirur, who do you think the scum school is?

Why not actually ask him who the scum are? Besides role information, I fail to see any useful way to deduce which school is the scum school. And in any case, what does it matter? If we definitively confirm which school contains the scum sorcerer, it's not like the scum sorcerer's going to come forward and reveal himself.

I don't have time to give this the readover it deserves, so I'll just drop off a question.

Person and Jokerman:  Did the night turn out like you expected it will?

No, it didn't. I was sure Jim was scum. I based everything off of that bit of information. I had a bit of an inkling Jim was a sorcerer, but that just made me want to lynch him all the more.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but apprentice scum get to vote so you wouldn't really narrow down the list at all, and if you did, you would end up with both of the sorcer's on the lynching list. also, is one of the sorcerers scum? or are all of them townie (or is it unknown)

The low number of scum makes me assume the scum's a sorcerer and an apprentice. Then again, the first game's high number of scum made me assume none of the sorcerer's were scum, but I think Janus has improved his balancing skills since then.

Wait, Nirur Torir just claimed Jim assisted blue, but there's only 1 assist on blue. So one of you two is lying. Jetsquirrel, are you even reading the posts at all?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2010, 08:22:17 am »

Wait, Nirur Torir just claimed Jim assisted blue, but there's only 1 assist on blue. So one of you two is lying. Jetsquirrel, are you even reading the posts at all?

yes i red them and jim could not have assisted blue as far as i can tell because he was a sorcerer! UNLESS the rules were changed again and sorcs can assist also. So nirur MUST be lying to cover up his own ass, so he pretty much revealed himself being the scum.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2010, 08:25:09 am »

And for irony i did not avoid your question im just curious what nirur is going to say now as he lied to us and i also have proof for voting blue but that depends if we can quote Pms of other people.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2010, 10:12:52 am »

Ok, sorry about that.  I was about to pass out, and any analysis would have been crap.

First off, the assist issue.  There are seven assists posted, from which we can draw two important conclusions.

1.  Everyone assisted
2.  Criptfeind's assist counted!

As for the actual data, Nirur should keep it to himself for now, because assuming everyone voted as requested, we can conclude that everyone assigned to assist green is an apprentice, and (ignoring Jim), one person each from the red and blue assist list is a sorcerer.  I'm willing to bed that Jim's 3rd level power let him get some information as to who assisted whom, but whatever information he got died with him.

Specific points:

Jetsquirrel:  Please explain your reasoning better, because I don't really follow you.

Person:  I think you misunderstood.  Per what Nirur said, blue was supposed to have three assists, but one of the names on the blue assist list was Jim, so we know Jim, as sorc, could not have assisted blue.  Of the other two names on the list, only one actually assisted blue.  They could both be telling the truth, though assuming that they both are, the other name on the blue list is a sorc.

Everyone:  Do you think Nirur posting what school Cript was assigned to assist would help the town and/or scum?  Nirur, please don't reveal that until we get some consensus.  I can't see the harm at first glance, but someone may be able to see a problem with it that I don't.

Now, for actual analysis...

Nirur Torir, could you say how you knowing who we voted for (or didn't vote if we were sorcerers) would help if you aren't scum?
If I'm scum, and know which three people assisted the green wizard, then I'd only have 2-3 possible suspects for the remaining town sorcerer.

If two apprentices switched their assists, with one assisting green, and I don't know, then the list is mostly worthless, at least for for today.

Nirur:  This looks like a slip.  You just said "If I was scum, I'd know Green was the town sorc."  Is it you or your scumbuddy that is the sorc?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2010, 11:04:13 am »

Note that if green names have two votes, then I'm at 6/12 votes.

yes i red them and jim could not have assisted blue as far as i can tell because he was a sorcerer! UNLESS the rules were changed again and sorcs can assist also. So nirur MUST be lying to cover up his own ass, so he pretty much revealed himself being the scum.
Jetsquirrel: Nice emphasis on how I MUST be lying, but am not worth voting for. And no, Jim could not possibly have assisted blue; he was not an apprentice.

Nirur:  This looks like a slip.  You just said "If I was scum, I'd know Green was the town sorc."  Is it you or your scumbuddy that is the sorc?
I believe blue to be the scum school. Green's power use would only have spread WIFOM if they were scum.

I am sorely tempted to post the list, as I think it would help town more then scum. Last chance to convince me not to.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2010, 12:37:44 pm »

>>> Vote Count <<<

25 Nov 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.

Jetsquirrel (5) - IronyOwl, Mr.Person, Nirur Torir
Nirur Torir (4) - lemon10, Toaster
Mr.Person (0) -
lemon10 (0) -
IronyOwl (0) -
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
Toaster (0) -

Not Voting: Jetsquirrel, Jokerman-EXE, KaminaSquirtle

Let me know if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:49:31 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2010, 12:46:52 pm »

I'm voting for Jetsquirrel, not Toaster.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2010, 12:50:05 pm »

I'm voting for Jetsquirrel, not Toaster.
Edited the vote count post.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2010, 01:03:46 pm »

Damn it Jim. You made yourself a living target when you were actually a sorcerer? They couldn't not kill you once you had all the data!

Nirur, who do you think the scum school is?

Why not actually ask him who the scum are? Besides role information, I fail to see any useful way to deduce which school is the scum school. And in any case, what does it matter? If we definitively confirm which school contains the scum sorcerer, it's not like the scum sorcerer's going to come forward and reveal himself.
What does it matter whether we give scum a powerful spell tonight? Really?

In any case, he doesn't need an ironclad answer to have an answer.

I don't have time to give this the readover it deserves, so I'll just drop off a question.

Person and Jokerman:  Did the night turn out like you expected it will?

No, it didn't. I was sure Jim was scum. I based everything off of that bit of information. I had a bit of an inkling Jim was a sorcerer, but that just made me want to lynch him all the more.
This is scummy as hell. "Gee guys, I was just so certain Jim was scum, I just can't do anything at all now! Back to square one! I mean, not scumhunting square one, lurking square one because I'm not being voted anymore."

Sorcerer's can't assist. Are you reading the thread at all?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2010, 01:07:08 pm »

Note that if green names have two votes, then I'm at 6/12 votes.

Jetsquirrel: Nice emphasis on how I MUST be lying, but am not worth voting for. And no, Jim could not possibly have assisted blue; he was not an apprentice.

wait what? In the quote from mr.person he said that piece of text. The boldish part is the part i think means HE (you) said that Jim assisted blue but that can't be because he was a sorcerer as shown in the NK or lynch. And basicly you now contradicted yourself, you said a page ago   That Jim assisted blue and now you say Jim couldn't have assisted blue because he was sorcerer. Which is true but why are you lying Nirur?Or was it a Mistake?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2010, 01:16:26 pm »

Jim assigned himself to assist blue on the list. Effectively, there were only two people told to assist blue, so Jim set blue up to not be able to get three assists if everybody voted as requested.

What I said:
Three people voted green, and three were assigned green. One vote each was missing from red and blue. Jim was the third blue vote.
I said it so people would know that I didn't consider it particularly abnormal for blue to only have one assist.

You're trying awfully hard to discredit me, rather then showing interest in why I consider the list to be important. You know that you're a heavy suspect on the list.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26