Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87965 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 1: Death by spoon]
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2010, 02:38:47 pm »

Mr. person come in here are you just trying to draw as little attention as possible? and i may found a hole in Jims plan. Lets say that jim is scum he sends his pms as intented with everyone a color he gives 2 dudes the color of his buds scumschool or his own and direct a pm to his scumbuddy that states him to lie about his color and that he should vote for his. At the end of the day he already has 3 supporters allowing him to use his best spell which are good for most sorcs, now depending on the ability he or his bud gained he will think something that will probaly smash town or have a get out of jail card.

But i may be wrong if i understood the plan and what Jokerman summed up badly, so this may be another piece of useless text i created somewhere in the night.

The thing is, if that happens, it'll be far easier to pinpoint exactly who it was. The two townies and the one scum-ally will be the ones that claim for it, which means instead of 9 people we only have to look at 3. In theory, anyway.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2010, 02:47:06 pm »

Mr. person come in here are you just trying to draw as little attention as possible? and i may found a hole in Jims plan. Lets say that jim is scum he sends his pms as intented with everyone a color he gives 2 dudes the color of his buds scumschool or his own and direct a pm to his scumbuddy that states him to lie about his color and that he should vote for his. At the end of the day he already has 3 supporters allowing him to use his best spell which are good for most sorcs, now depending on the ability he or his bud gained he will think something that will probaly smash town or have a get out of jail card.

But i may be wrong if i understood the plan and what Jokerman summed up badly, so this may be another piece of useless text i created somewhere in the night.

The thing is, if that happens, it'll be far easier to pinpoint exactly who it was. The two townies and the one scum-ally will be the ones that claim for it, which means instead of 9 people we only have to look at 3. In theory, anyway.

This is partly prevented by telling another person who's assisting who. It would be completely prevented by telling two.

If one school was short two assists from the list, but another was full up, that would be pretty noticeable.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2010, 02:52:33 pm »

This is partly prevented by telling another person who's assisting who. It would be completely prevented by telling two.

If one school was short two assists from the list, but another was full up, that would be pretty noticeable.

Ok, i agree with this plan. this can do stuff but lets look further what will happen then? You will get a rough image of everything but not yet enough to do much expect go off the arguments people say.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2010, 02:55:53 pm »

Yep, but the 3 person scum spell may more than make for that.  It might not.  I'm not sure if that's a risk I want to take.  Not to mention that if you're scum the plan would basically tell you who the town sorcerers are.

I can see some possible rewards, but I can also see some serious risks.
I guess I'm not particularly in favor of the plan, but I'll go along if the others will.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2010, 02:59:02 pm »

Yep, but the 3 person scum spell may more than make for that.  It might not.  I'm not sure if that's a risk I want to take. Not to mention that if you're scum the plan would basically tell you who the town sorcerers are.

I can see some possible rewards, but I can also see some serious risks.
I guess I'm not particularly in favor of the plan, but I'll go along if the others will.

No, it wouldn't. I just fucking explained this. The sorcerers are not named; all you know is that Red Sorcerer got X supports. Christ, is that the only objection you people have to this plan? Because it's stupid.

Further, that last line is passivity personified (and alliteration applied). If you don't like the plan, then fight it like a man. Don't just roll over and go with it. And if you're willing to go with it, then don't do it grudgingly. When you waffle like that, it just sets you up to complain about it when it doesn't work, whether as scum or town. So knock that off and decide what you're going to do.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2010, 03:03:31 pm »

Ok, i agree with this plan. this can do stuff but lets look further what will happen then? You will get a rough image of everything but not yet enough to do much expect go off the arguments people say.

It was never supposed to be a substitute for doing that scumhunting thing I hear everybody talking about. It's supplemental information. It's not going to reveal who the scum are.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2010, 03:08:27 pm »

No, it wouldn't. I just fucking explained this. The sorcerers are not named; all you know is that Red Sorcerer got X supports. Christ, is that the only objection you people have to this plan? Because it's stupid.

Further, that last line is passivity personified (and alliteration applied). If you don't like the plan, then fight it like a man. Don't just roll over and go with it. And if you're willing to go with it, then don't do it grudgingly. When you waffle like that, it just sets you up to complain about it when it doesn't work, whether as scum or town. So knock that off and decide what you're going to do.
Well, it would if Jim told us who he told to vote for what.  That's how I read the plan.  If that isn't the case, then fine, you're right.

Assuming that I was wrong, then yeah, I think the plan would be helpful.  It'd be better than nothing.  I think I'd go with it then.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2010, 03:13:40 pm »

Yeah, if it wasn't clear, I keep that information secret unless it would be helpful in finding and lynching scum.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2010, 04:16:51 pm »

Yeah, if it wasn't clear, I keep that information secret unless it would be helpful in finding and lynching scum.
Ok, that's a lot better then.  You have my support.  We need something to talk about day 2, seeing as we don't have much today.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2010, 04:20:38 pm »

>>> Vote Count <<<

Day Ends: 19 Nov 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.
Extension Requests (5/5) - IronyOwl, Jetsquirrel, Jokerman-EXE, Jim Groovester, Nirur Torir
Day extended

Jim Groovester (3) - Criptfeind, lemon10, Nirur Torir
Mr.Person (2) - IronyOwl, Jetsquirrel
Criptfeind (1) - Jim Groovester
Jetsquirrel (1) - Mr.Person
lemon10 (1) - KaminaSquirtle,
IronyOwl (0) -
Jokerman-EXE (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
Nirur Torir (0) -
Toaster (0) -

Not Voting: Toaster, Jokerman-EXE

Let me know if I missed anything.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2010, 04:38:26 pm »

Ok, that's a lot better then.  You have my support.  We need something to talk about day 2, seeing as we don't have much today.

Okay, that means half the game currently supports the plan. Gonna need more support (or at the very least, participation) for it to be worthwhile to actually go through with it. And less opposition.

And we also need to figure out who to lynch, or barring that, no-lynch. I say Criptfeind.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2010, 06:25:29 pm »

You've never seen townies use WIFOM before? You need to play this game more.
I got lynched largely because of it one game.

Jim, I provoked you and painted a target on myself with strange accusations. You merely flung ad hominems, rather then going after me in retribution as an easy target. For now, I'm willing to place enough trust in you to go along with your plan.

Unvote Jim.

I'll look through the thread for suspicious people later. For now:

Toaster: You have no vote placed, yet didn't ask for an extension. Why?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2010, 07:05:58 pm »

Whaaaaaaaat okay.

This is a sudden reversal. You were actually in a decently strong position, at least with regards to why you were suspicious of me. Why the sudden turn around?

This is suspicious. Or at the very least, greatly discomforting. If you want my attention and my focus you've got it now.

This is the second time you've dropped your attack completely. Why do you give up so easy when you're trying to work at somebody?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2010, 07:24:37 pm »

Unvote. Criptfeind, you're scum. Before you decided you wanted to suspect me for my plan, you suspected me because... I don't know, honestly. You said I was being too nice, but that's a reasonless vote if I ever heard one.

You also said you were going to try and kick the beehive. What happened to that? You didn't do it against me. You haven't done it against anyone. So I'm pretty sure you're scum who's planning on sitting tight through the rest of the day now that you have a reason that you can say you suspect somebody.

Passive and complacent. Scum.

Bah, the vote had reason enough. I am not willing to go quietly into the night and was hoping your response would be more caustic. Or existent. All I had were gut feelings.

As for kicking the bee hive, it seems all the bees were dead.

At any rate, you are posting normally again, scum act or Towny getting into the game I do not know, but what I said about you as scum holds as town so I am not willing to see you lynched today if I am not sure.

Unvote Jim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2010, 07:36:53 pm »

What the....?

I am confused. Why are all these people unvoting me? Not that I'm complaining.

lemon10, what about you? Are you one of the rats trying to get off the sinking ship or are you going to stick to your guns?

At any rate, you are posting normally again, scum act or Towny getting into the game I do not know, but what I said about you as scum holds as town so I am not willing to see you lynched today if I am not sure.

Unvote Jim.

This isn't improving my opinion on you being passive. You've unvoted me; terrific. But you're not doing anything else, or even trying to go after anyone else to stir things up a bit. You don't look exceptionally interested in finding scum if you jump on a bandwagon and hop off one just as quickly, and then sit on your hands and do nothing.

I guess I'll go draft some PMs and do this plan thing now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26