Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87981 times)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 1: Death by spoon]
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2010, 02:56:02 pm »

Set up a trap involving a NK or lure them out.
Oh yes, now that's a specific plan.  But whatever, knowing you, I won't get a good answer anyway.  All I was looking for was something your scumbuddy may have suggested to you, but it looks like you've passed that test through sheer incompetence.
New question.
HOW does town set up a trap involving a NK?
TOWN CAN'T NK, BOY!
Fixed, this has nothing to do with burger king...

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2010, 04:17:49 pm »

Oh yes, now that's a specific plan.  But whatever, knowing you, I won't get a good answer anyway.  All I was looking for was something your scumbuddy may have suggested to you, but it looks like you've passed that test through sheer incompetence.
New question.
HOW does town set up a trap involving a NK?
TOWN CAN'T BK, BOY!

Ehhh not shit sherlock? i know that town cant nk. But we could do a thing if Person A gets nked that Person B will have to be scum, but thats what i thought at THAT moment. I got some other plan right now.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2010, 04:31:21 pm »

Ehhh not shit sherlock? i know that town cant nk. But we could do a thing if Person A gets nked that Person B will have to be scum, but thats what i thought at THAT moment. I got some other plan right now.
Yeah, but that makes no sense.  What "thing"?  Do you expect us to just be able to tell who is scum just by who got nked?

But this isn't really anything unusual for you, so unvote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2010, 05:28:19 pm »

I doubt you'd get the cooperation for meaningful results, since you'd have up to four bum assists (the three sorcs and the scum apprentice) to start with messing up your data, along with anyone ignoring you.

I'm not going to give you endless shit for it, but I don't think most plans are worth the effort.  My idea would be everyone just picks randomly, giving us the best odds at powering up the town PRs.  There's not much we can do about the scum sorc, short of nobody assisting, but that plan is fraught with peril as well.

Well, sure, the results would be unreliable at best, but having something to compare beforehand and after could be helpful. Not really holding out too much hope of that.

But more importantly, it would get people to actually send in their support. Considering the absolute failure of it last game, I think the advantages of giving people some direction so they don't waffle around in indecision and forget to send in a support outweigh any disadvantages that come from unreliable results.

And if it's about effort, I'm willing to take it. I mean, it would just be nine PMs. That's no big deal. I won't do it if nobody's willing to cooperate or everybody thinks it's a bad idea. No point in implementing a plan if nobody cares.

So I'll ask everybody, what do you think of my plan, and would you be willing to go along with it? If you're not, be ready for me to badger you individually about sending in your support, because it's important.

KaminaSquirtle, now that you've got your answer out of Jetsquirrel, what are you going to do now?

Unvote. Criptfeind, where'd you go, brah? What's on your mind?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2010, 06:23:29 pm »

CriptfeindHere you say you want people to answer your questions, but you've yet to use a single question mark.  Do you think blanket statements like in your first game post are worth the effort?

Sure. I want people to answer my questions. My question was the apparently controversial
Jim Groovester, KaminaSquirtle, lemon10, Mr.Person

I want to know why there is four random votes on one guy. Even if that guy is Jet.

They answered it so fine. I did get more from the asking why I was asking that question then the answers but I will take what I can get.

Unvote. Criptfeind, where'd you go, brah? What's on your mind?

Places. I got almost nothing here and the Random voting is pretty shitty.

... Errr

But hell, I am doing nothing else. Let play with the bees nest.

Jim you are budding me (and sorta lemon) and I want to know why.

I want to know why you're using ineffective questioning methods. Nobody feels pressured by a statement aimed at four people simultaneously, and relatively few answer such questions.

Why is it a problem if Criptfeind does things ineffectively?

I have no idea what you mean here. That is a issue, you can not just flap it away with some wine and say only town will hunt bad.

Augh.

Fuuuu.

I can not find anything on you Jim but I have a huge gut feeling of niceness and budding from you!

God damn this is frustrating.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2010, 06:31:55 pm »

But hell, I am doing nothing else. Let play with the bees nest.

Jim you are budding me (and sorta lemon) and I want to know why.

I like your style, Criptfeind. You're going to have to do more than that to stir up the bees' nest, though.

But there's a difference between buddying you and poking holes in the person's argument who was attacking you. I was doing the latter.

But seriously, you got nothing else? Not even a vague sense of discomfort at what people have done? What about Jetsquirrel? What about Nirur Torir being quiet and utterly dropping his attack on you? What about Mr. Person also not really doing anything?

You're not trying to hide by lurking behind everybody else struggling to find scum tells, are you? I mean, that would be the absolute perfect excuse right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2010, 06:33:51 pm »

You still seem to nice.

When I read the other post I have a hard time seeing anything but you.

I don't know why.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2010, 06:36:33 pm »

How am I too nice?

I'm suffering from the lethargy everybody else is this game, but not for lack of trying. Can't say the same for you.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2010, 06:41:53 pm »

-SNIP-
Now that he's answered, do you think he is scummy?
I didn't ever really think that he was that scummy, i just kinda voted for him.
Unvote

-SNIP-
lemon10:  See previous question.  Also, have you read Dak's scumhunting guide?
Just read it thanks, and just answered your question as well.

So I'll ask everybody, what do you think of my plan, and would you be willing to go along with it? If you're not, be ready for me to badger you individually about sending in your support, because it's important.
-From a earlier post-
I've got an idea for sending PMs out to people with a color for them to support. I don't think this would help the rest of the town out too much, since only I would know which color was sent to whom, and then it would be up to me to figure out who was fake claiming. But at the very least, it would get people off their asses and actually send in a support.
Don't like the plan at all Jim Groovester, although it would help you find out who the sorcerers are (scum apprentices still get to vote right?), and encourage people to vote, if you were scum, finding out who the sorcerers were would be a really big help for you.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2010, 06:47:51 pm »

Huh. I missed that part of your post.

No I will not go for your plan at this point without more explanation of why this will help.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2010, 07:03:19 pm »

Everybody thinks it's about figuring out fakeclaims.

No, it's about getting people to send in their assists. That's the main point.

Because, tell me, have you two sent in your assists yet?

The results will probably not be all that helpful in figuring out who is scum or even figuring out who the town sorcerers are, but it doesn't hurt to have them. I just want people to actually do the shit that makes this game unique from all the others.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2010, 07:07:28 pm »

Lemon10, do not ignore my questions.
Unvote Criptfeind.

If you defend people then people will think it's you, if its part of some grand plan to uncover the scum then its ok, but it it doesn't help uncover them then its a waste.
Because then people will think its you, which is irregarless bad, if you are a townie, then you getting lynched will mean 1 less day against the scum, 1 day kill against a townie AND allow the scum to lynch someone else at night (getting 2 kills in a day/night cycle instead of 1).
And if people think its you then it will to some extent draw suspicion away from the scum while you are alive.
See, Lemon10, you're still thinking in terms of self-survival, a scum trait. Although townies shouldn't throw their lives away, self-survival focus is bad for town. Townies will continue to die until they manage to figure out who the scum is.

To answer the question: If you defend people, they may well not answer the question. Talking is good for town. The more the scum talk, the more likely they are to chip their mask. Attacking somebody for going after an easy kill (scummy), or for trying to lynch with no apparent reason is good. Attacking people because of the way they attack is fine. Outright defending people is less fine.

Another question: If you could choose any role, which would it be, and why?

Nirur Torir, if you were a sorcerer with an NK, how liberal would you be in using it?
Quite liberal against those I was at least moderately suspicious of. I feel that it helps push the odds more in town's favor then just sitting on the ability. Of course, it would also depend on what other abilities I had

Nirur Torir - He's going after people, but he's not really going after people for things I consider legitimately suspicious. I don't think he's doing it out of malice, I just think he's just a bit misguided. I'm leaning towards him being town. There is one thing, though, that's bugging me. He completely dropped his attack on Criptfeind after I told him what Criptfeind was doing was perfectly alright. I mean, come on, dude, stick to your guns. Or at least say something about it.
I'll be among the first to admit to having a lousy day one game. My goals during it are to get people talking. If the easiest way to do that is by making questionable attacks against random targets, so be it.
I had little else to attack Criptfeind with, so I moved on.

Nirur Torir:  Let's assume for a second you're a town sorcerer, and you are moderately suspicious of someone.  For the night, you have an inspection and a kill.  Would you inspect or kill the person?  Why?
Kill. I don't usually trust inspections, and am not confident enough in my own abilities to get a scum verdict victim lynched without role claiming. Furthermore, I like the odds on town night kills more then the odds on extending the game.

Quote from: Jim
No, I feel that it is a bad idea. I'm not sure if it helps town much, but it certainly helps you if you're scum.
And yes, I sent in my assist as soon as the day started.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »

Ah sorry, i didn't ignore the question i just missed it (i thought i read the whole thing, but i guess i didn't read the last line)
I would be scum, because it seems more exiting (despite the fact that i would probably die on day one since i'm a noob).

Because, tell me, have you two sent in your assists yet?
Assuming i'm one of those two, yeah.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2010, 07:45:45 pm »

And did you send it in before I asked you about it?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2010, 07:46:05 pm »

Thank you for answering.

Nirur Torir: I don't follow your reasoning for your vote on lemon10. At all. Mostly because I don't think it makes any sense. Could you explain it for me?
Reaction testing. It seemed like a good time to see his response while under pressure.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26