Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Over: And it was KaminaSquirtle all along]  (Read 87885 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia II [Day 1: Death by spoon]
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 02:45:27 am »

I was going to post about Mr.Person, but when i clicked post, the forum informed me that mr.person had just posted, and since he posted my "come on, get out here' line  would have been wrong, so i changed it to someone else who hadn't posted, ignoring the fact that other people were bothering jet about not logging in as well.

And yeah, he's trying to get me to slip up, but (unless im wrong), that's kinda the whole point of the game for non scum. (And a question, is defending people in general frowned upon/ a stupid thing to do because it would make you sound scummy if they are scum?)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 08:49:22 am »

Lemon:  You'll do fine.  Just take things in stride.
Other than that, please tell us what characteristics you would want in your scumpartner, so we can learn how you think.
One that posts, but posts rather uninteresting and boring things, so that he isn't suspected. And more importantly one that doesn't say anything stupid enough so that people outright know its him.

Noted.

Unvote Nirur.

Now, let me ask this. If you were scum, wouldn't you find an easy out by prodding a newbie until he gave a slip that you could use against him? How are we to know you aren't doing that right now?

Jokerman, we're maybe 30 posts into the game and you're already spreading WIFOM?  What gives?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 11:54:15 am »

Jetsquirrel, how do you intend to change your game from previous times?  Have you learned any important lessons in recent games?
ehh... lurk less i think and try to not parrot too much.

Jetsquirrel! Who are you going to parrot this game? Squawk squawk squawk!
You ofcourse  :D, but for real nobody.

Jetsquirrel, what do you think will be the easy way to catch our scum?
Set up a trap involving a NK or lure them out.

Jetsquirrel, come on, get out here, and if you were scum, who do you think would be the biggest threat to you?
Jim groovester but i purely think that because he may have a grudge against me from the previous game as for now nobody else

Mr.person which of the mages would you LIKE to suport and why?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2010, 01:12:35 pm »

(And a question, is defending people in general frowned upon/ a stupid thing to do because it would make you sound scummy if they are scum?)
Not really. Self-preservation is a scum trait. Townies shouldn't care about looking scummy if they themselves can uncover a scum. Even if they die, they still win if the scum are all lynched. Since there are few scum, the scum must minimize their own chances of death as much as possible.

I want to see your thought processes here. If self-preservation is not the reason why it's bad practice to defend people, then what's wrong with defending people?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 01:23:47 pm »

>>> Vote Count <<<

Day Ends: 18 Nov 2010 @ 5 pm EST

Notes
Apprentices: Send me your assists before the day ends.

Jetsquirrel (4) - Jim Groovester, KaminaSquirtle, lemon10, Mr.Person
Criptfeind (1) - Nirur Torir
Jim Groovester (1) - Jokerman-EXE
Jokerman-EXE (1) - Toaster
Mr.Person (1) - Jetsquirrel
Toaster (1) - IronyOwl
IronyOwl (0) -
KaminaSquirtle (0) -
lemon10 (0) -
Nirur Torir (0) -

Not Voting: Criptfeind

Let me know if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:37:01 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 01:32:38 pm »

Vote Criptfeind, get in here: If you were on a three person scumteam, who would you most want to be with you, of those currently playing?

Jim.

Some third guy. Maybe Mr P, because he seems to not get mad when I mess up as scum.

Jim Groovester, KaminaSquirtle, lemon10, Mr.Person

I want to know why there is four random votes on one guy. Even if that guy is Jet.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »

Vote Criptfeind, get in here: If you were on a three person scumteam, who would you most want to be with you, of those currently playing?

Jim.
Why Jim?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2010, 01:45:48 pm »

I respect Jim. I think he is good at this game.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2010, 01:47:40 pm »

Lemon:  You put the fourth vote on Jetsquirrel for, as you said, not having posted yet.  Do you really think that was a valid reason for a vote less than five hours after the game had started?  What do you think of the first three votes on him?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2010, 01:52:26 pm »

Yes, that would be an easy out for me if I were scum. But that's not something specific to me alone; it would be an easy out for anybody.

When lemon10 slips up, whether or not he's being a newbie or scum is going to be a difficult judgment to make, but I'm not going to ignore it when he does. I'm going to ask him questions, and then I'll make that judgment based on how he responds.

Just like normal scumhunting! Go figure.

I'll be more forgiving though, because he's a newbie and he's going to make lots of mistakes. But there are lots of unique scum tells that only newbies drop that should make it a straightforward matter to figure out whether or not he's scum in addition to being a newbie. Like not being able to call someone scum, sounding like he's reading from a script, etc.

Most importantly, if I think he's trying to look for scum I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Weren't you a minute ago implying he and I were cozy scumbuddies, and now you're implying that I'm scum trying to go after him because he'd be an easy target? I don't know, dude. Seems like you're setting yourself up to suspect me later on, regardless of whether or not I'm hard or easy on the guy.

Mm. Truth.

The only part of this I have a problem with is the last paragraph. I wasn't implying anything at all; I was literally just asking to see what you thought of the question. I don't have any suspicions yet, so I figured I'd throw some questions around and see what the response was. (This is me trying to stay away from my typical style of lurking away D1. I don't want this one to die.)

Toaster: See above. This whole "posting D1 without already-formed suspicions" thing is new to me. I'll also point out that I'm almost positive that you're misusing the term WIFOM. Can you explain how you think that's what I'm doing?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2010, 02:23:37 pm »

Jim.

Some third guy. Maybe Mr P, because he seems to not get mad when I mess up as scum.

I want to know why there is four random votes on one guy. Even if that guy is Jet.
I want to know why you're using ineffective questioning methods. Nobody feels pressured by a statement aimed at four people simultaneously, and relatively few answer such questions.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2010, 02:44:24 pm »

If they refuse to answer my questions that just gives me more leverage to find out if they are scum.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2010, 02:48:05 pm »

Jim.

Because I did it first in RVS?
Jetsquirrel, how do you intend to change your game from previous times?  Have you learned any important lessons in recent games?
ehh... lurk less i think and try to not parrot too much.
Not good enough.  Easy enough to say, doesn't mean you're going to do it.  Give me an example of a strategy you plan to employ in scumhunting.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2010, 03:01:58 pm »

If they refuse to answer my questions that just gives me more leverage to find out if they are scum.
That's a rather passive answer, and your question itself was rather passive.

Is asking vague questions to groups of people, then going after whoever doesn't answer, your day 1 method of scum hunting? Will it continue in day 2?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2010, 03:09:03 pm »

I will find people doing scummy things and attack them on it until I don't think they are scum, like always.

If they don't answer that is scummy and thus I will attack them for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26