UFO: Alien Invasion
- 1 (4.2%)
Unreal Tournament
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Bay12 Games Night! (Allegiance!)  (Read 25479 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Games Night! - Weekends. (Current Game:Allegiance/Infiniminer/Toribash)
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2010, 06:55:54 pm »

Something delayed me and I couldn't come . However I am now ready to spam cyborgs(I found out you start out with a construction cyborg....awesome) You guys playing a game currently?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Games Night! - Weekends. (Current Game:Allegiance/Infiniminer/Toribash)
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »

I had to do stuff, and now it seems to be too late, so no.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2010, 07:04:28 pm »

I had to do stuff, and now it seems to be too late, so no.

Alright, I'll throw up my server for a while. Same pass and name.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2010, 08:06:00 pm »

Sucks I had a band concert. Our match was down to a formality. PO made the mistake of pumping money into soldiers, while I techd energy stuff. I was running bombing raids on his HQ, and it was pretty damn close to destroyed.

Lesson: Pump money into researching Energy stuff before you pump out tanks on an advanced HQ map.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2010, 08:11:29 pm »

Game over, 1vs2 and I won.  :-\

Anyway, server is up again if anyone who wasn't able to make the last one wants to join.

"Edit" Filled and will be playing soon.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:23:47 pm by Orb »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2010, 08:27:10 pm »

Damnit.. Stupid connection....
To the camp. with me I suppose...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:29:52 pm by breadbocks »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2010, 08:29:22 pm »

Damnit.. Stupid connection....

I restarted the game. You can still join. Also, it may have been my fault anyway.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2010, 09:18:05 pm »

Meh. SPAM curbstomp. Again.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2010, 09:39:19 pm »

Games are done. I think I need to stop playing so aggressively, or there will be no one left to play with.  :(

Basic Summary: I expanded and spammed. They didn't expand. So yah.

"Edit" Would anyone be interested in another game tomorrow.......(sorry if I'm hijacking your thread penguin).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:08:16 pm by Orb »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2010, 10:38:55 pm »

Probably could give it a shot or two, depending on the time.

This weekend though, we're doing what, Allegiance one day and <something else> the other?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2010, 03:58:37 am »

For some crazy reason, 'Urban Terror' (which has nothing to do with terror as far as I can tell) is more fun than Warzone 2100.

Note about Allegiance: My callsign in Allegiance is 'Hypernova'. I created that callsign years ago, yet have only advanced to a 'rank' of 4, mainly because I did not enjoy it (or the sitting around in the lobby prior to games) enough to stay with it. The rank doesn't really do anything, as far as I remember, except that you lose your newbie status at 5, and if you try to join the newbie servers after reaching rank 5, you will be banned for 24 hours.

Of course, we could choose names like OurName_B12, so that we know who we are.

The requirements to make an actual squad (which would add @SquadAbbreviation to the end of our name) are rather high, but we wouldn't want to do that unless we actually wanted to compete against other squads in squad vs squad games, which we probably don't want to do. If we do decide to do that, we can of course make new callsigns later when we do that. Additionally, the requirements include that the squad has to have a bunch of non-new players to be founded.

To make a squad:
Minimum Size    The squad must have at least 15 members.
No multisquadding    None of its members may be members of another squad.
No newbie squads    At least 15 of its members must have lost their 'newbie' status.
Recognition   A squad is expected to play three squad games against any other squad for full recognition.
For these games to count, both sides need to have ten or more players

You can see how that is probably not possible.
If all you are looking for is "group recognition" of you and a small band of friends - and you otherwise have no interest in going head-to-head with the best players in the game - there is no need for you to form an officially recognized squad. Just convince your friends to add a "_TAG" to the end of their callsigns, come up with a cool logo, make a website, and you're done.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:07:19 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 19, 2010, 07:17:53 am »

Well it seems at least Frumple is interested.  :)

I'll host around 9pm GMT if nothing gets in my way. I'll try to make the games a bit more fun....maybe co-op matches or I'll try to "spectate" somehow.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2010, 07:37:11 am »

So, do we have somebody running tommorow's Allegiance game?
I can run a game of Infiniminer and Toribash Sunday.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2010, 07:58:13 am »

I guess I'll brave one more match of wz with Orb. I'm up for IM and TB too.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2010, 10:41:38 am »

So, do we have somebody running tommorow's Allegiance game?
I can run a game of Infiniminer and Toribash Sunday.

It's actually not hosted by one of us. Whoever creates the game actually only needs to hit Create Game and set the core to CC_[whatever the highest number is] and pick which server it should run on (they're in different places geographically). We could play on the HiHigher map.

We will need a commander for each team (I'm figuring two teams), who has an RTS-like experience. Has anyone here played the game before, besides me (I don't have that much experience with it, and it was years ago)? (Commanding is not easy to do well)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36