UFO: Alien Invasion
- 1 (4.2%)
Unreal Tournament
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: Bay12 Games Night! (Allegiance!)  (Read 25459 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Bay12 Games Night! - Sundays, at the moment. (Current Game:UNDECIDED BLARGH)
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2010, 06:18:34 pm »

How could we forget to add AI War to the non-free list? Definitely the best RTS I've played so far (not that I've played a lot though).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Games Night! - Sundays, at the moment. (Current Game:UNDECIDED BLARGH)
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2010, 07:21:55 pm »

Dammit i can't decide, do i want clumsy dolls tearing at each other or do i want one of the many other games i haven't tried, aw to heck all, let's say tripleA, we can team up on Frumple again
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2010, 07:25:52 pm »

Dammit i can't decide, do i want clumsy dolls tearing at each other or do i want one of the many other games i haven't tried, aw to heck all, let's say tripleA, we can team up on Frumple again
The solution to everything.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:40 pm »

I'd play TripleA.

Wait... Which game on TripleA?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:02:41 pm by breadbocks »
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2010, 08:28:35 pm »

It's been a long time since I've actually played Axis & Allies with actual people.

I'm going to try Smokin' Guns and Urban Terror and see what I think.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2010, 08:32:54 pm »

Just dl'd tripleA to check it out. Is... is there a spectator option? There's no way in 'ell I'd enjoy playing that, at least the base "Big World: 1942" that came with the windows DL. Entirely too much micromanagment of a sort I don't enjoy. Would rather play Dominions 3, 'cept I don't have access to anything except the demo.

Is there anything for the 3A engine thing that's, uh, not quite so fiddly? Or WW-ie? Only game of that sort I've ever been able to get in to was Fantasy General and Dom3 :-[
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2010, 08:50:25 pm »

I say we play Warzone next week, since I spent my entire day trying to get it to download(and to my surprise, with success). Could you add that option to the vote?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Games Night! - Weekends, at the moment. (Current Game:UNDECIDED BLARGH)
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2010, 08:50:37 pm »

there are two toribash
oh god what have i done

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Games Night! - Weekends, at the moment. (Current Game:UNDECIDED BLARGH)
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2010, 08:59:26 pm »

Hey, can you make votes removable? I want to move my vote from IM to terribash, just to see what happens.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2010, 08:59:42 pm »

Hoho, okay.
Nevermind, impossible.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2010, 09:03:00 pm »

I've been looking through the forum and the game World of Tanks looks pretty fun, maybe you could add that to the list?

Oh and I voted for Infiniminer, but I honestly don't care what game we play
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2010, 10:52:57 pm »

Smokin' Guns does not appear to support widescreen resolutions in 1.0, so I have marked it "Fail" for not being able to go to 1680x1050 to not look like crap on my LCD monitor. (There's an unofficial 1.1 which does, sort of - you have to make an autoexec.cfg and add a seta r_mode "15" command or the like to it - but I have no idea if it's compatible with 1.0 in multiplayer)

Urban Terror doesn't seem bad, besides that the graphics are spectacularly outdated. But it and Smokin' Guns are both based Q3, so I'm not surprised.

World of Tanks? I saw the thread about that and then watched a video demonstrating gameplay, but it does not look fun to me. Another MMO where you have to play to level up and earn money to buy better equipment? Not fun. And yet, they've made it worse: Once your tank gets killed in a match, you don't respawn, you can't play anymore in that match, you have to sit out the rest of the match, which can take several more minutes, until your team wins (or not), and you're awarded XP, from what that video was showing anyways. I thought about signing up anyways just to try it out and see if it was as bad as it seemed, but to get in you have to sign up for Alienware Arena, and Alienware Arena's site does not seem to actually say what Alienware Arena is.

Edit: I haven't played Allegiance in a very long time. I think I'll vote for that. Maybe we'll get a game going which doesn't involve sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes.

INSTALLER INTEGRITY CHECK HAS FAILED. Download seems to have stopped after 7 MB instead of going to 90.7. Odd.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:02:49 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »

Man, Aurora must make your failometer do backflips. I wish my graphical problems were so expensive :-\ Well, fixing them would be, but... would you believe I've actually got a CRT monitor plugged into a laptop with a dead screen? S'totally tech-ghetto. Which is awesome in its own way, but moving those bloody CRTs is a pain.

If we're doing FPSes, I'd probably vote for something like, I'unno, Tribes or Savage (Didn't the first one go freeware?) or something. Free stuff with some punch instead of generiFPSn^5. Supposedly there's some decent ones out there, but I don't do FPS much these days and it's bloody rare anything with even remotely modern specs won't bring my computer to a screeching halt. Not an issue if folks have already got the numbers to do a full game though, heh. I'm just here to pad the numbers~

The Allegiance virii ding's already been noted in another thread. It's a false positive.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2010, 12:56:31 am »

Man, Aurora must make your failometer do backflips. I wish my graphical problems were so expensive :-\

Not really - it doesn't run fullscreen, and instead uses windows. So, the display doesn't go "I MUST BADLY SCALE EVERYTHING AND MAKE IT LOOK TERRIBLE" because the resolution stays at 1680x1050 (or, for other LCD monitors, whatever their native resolution is). That's one major flaw with LCD monitors.

That said, I don't play Aurora. I haven't really tried it before. I just looked at it tonight to see what you were talking about. It looked like the genre was Data Overload, but there was nothing odd about the graphics that I saw (they looked on par with, say, Stars!, if I'm not confusing it with something else in my memory - there were a lot of old space 4x games like it that I tried around the same time). Of course, I quit (Aurora) within 5 minutes of starting a game, because the feeling I got from the game was "I am seeing about 5 million menu items, and in the system map I see INSANITY, I have no idea how to do anything or what to do, and the map ignores keyboard input, mouse dragging, and the scrollwheel, so I have to click these annoying movement arrow buttons and zoom buttons instead in order to move or zoom it... Ignoring the interface madness, this looks like you would need to spend about a year studying it to even make sense of it."

(Also, that wasn't anything about an antivirus. The download stopped early, chrome claimed that it was done downloading, I tried to run it, and the installer's self-check went "SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE." I had to re-download it; it seems to have worked the second time.)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36