Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: why can't i find a merchant?  (Read 701 times)

Iron Galaxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
why can't i find a merchant?
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:00:20 pm »

not in towns or forts. all i ever see in towns are buildings stuffed with people. like bowyers who don't sell bows and bone doctors unwilling to set my broken arms.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: why can't i find a merchant?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:01:17 pm »

It doesnt work that way - You have to go to their store, and when theyre open, theyll be inside the store sorrounded by their wares and goods. Then you speak to them and trade
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

noppa354

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 12:03:28 pm »

shops are buildings with signs outside, they are in the yellow squares of the town minimap.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:05:47 pm »

I thought shops didn't exist too but they are yellow square on your map when exploring you can even see if a city has shops and also on your minimap locator thingy to the left, shops have signs outside of em too like next to the entrance of the shop you can also talk to almost anyone inside the shop and do the trade option. I don't recommend buying shit shop keepers can go crazy and think you stole something you bought then you can't talk to anyone

Iron Galaxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 12:11:32 pm »

town minimap? the thing on the left? there are no yellow squares (using phoebus).

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 12:13:20 pm »

Argh i'm using the ascii default sorry, well check out for a town layer that has something different
in it. like 1/2 or 1/4 of it on world map should be different building it would mean there's shops there

Iron Galaxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 12:18:52 pm »

I think all the towns i've been visiting have been without merchants, perhaps I'll search around the world map more.

noppa354

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 12:26:50 pm »

town minimap? the thing on the left? there are no yellow squares (using phoebus).
i'm using phoebus too and i see white square-ish thingies on the minimap for residential/community buildings, yellow for shops.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 12:36:41 pm »

Only big towns have shops, sometimes even shopping districts. They are yellow on the adventure world map too (white = cottages, yellow = shops).

I thought shops didn't exist too but they are yellow square on your map when exploring you can even see if a city has shops and also on your minimap locator thingy to the left, shops have signs outside of em too like next to the entrance of the shop you can also talk to almost anyone inside the shop and do the trade option. I don't recommend buying shit shop keepers can go crazy and think you stole something you bought then you can't talk to anyone
They do not go crazy. Make sure you pick up items without the "coin" icon around them. If the items have "coins" in front and after their name it means they are owned by the shop.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Iron Galaxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 12:45:08 pm »

okay i found some shops, thanks.