Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Post your stories from the new adventure mode  (Read 531 times)

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Post your stories from the new adventure mode
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:15:19 am »

With the upgrade it has become possible to have some truly epic moments.  What are yours?

My best moment yet came just a few minutes ago.  Playing as a female demigod swordsman, I was tasked to go kill a dwarf bandit leader, Litast Thosbutinod.  Being over a day away, I wasn't going to be able to sleep at a town and no one would accompany me.  Deciding to sleep on the edge of their camp to avoid the bogeyman, I fell asleep.

Only to be awoken moments later by 7 bogeymen.  Running to avoid them, I decide to charge the camp and try to give the bogey something else to kill.  It worked beautifully.  As I passed the first swordsdwarf, I cut off his foot.  They descended on him and he was dead in a moment.  Then they killed a speardwarf.

I am not certain why, but this was either a double camp or their were two leaders.  I first encountered a warlord.  While the Bogey were distracted by the speardwarf, I killed the warlord with little difficulty.  I killed him about the same time the bogey finished the speardwarf.  The chase continued.

Several bandits later, I find the last one, Litast.  Litast, ignoring me completely, sets himself in the way of the bogey and fights.  And fights, and fights.  He can't kill them himself, but he holds them off by himself.  Seeing this as my opportunity to finish he Bogey threat and Litast both, I join the fray.  I hadn't expected the fervor the Bogey had for my blood though.  Within a few turns the Bogey had surrounded us both and, back to back, we spent literally half the night fighting them.  At first it seemed in vain, their wounds hardly slowing them.  Then one died, and another, and another.  Renewed in hope we continued fighting until the last had been slayed and the cackling faded.

I would have been fine with leaving Litast to live, quest all but forgotten, but he insisted we were to fight.  Heavily wounded and probably on his way to the grave already, we fought.  He fought like a lion, lost both legs and an arm with everything mutilated, but he never stopped coming or fell unconscious.  Finally, seeing a lucky chance I decapitate him.  His body too heavy to carry, I now carry his head with me until I can find a temple to rest it in.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:17:40 am by Umi »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Post your stories from the new adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:11 am »

Ok - I loaded my adventure, walked down a road and got smashed in the head by a goblin with a hammer who was just wandering around the wall of what i think is a goblin fort.

I didnt die.
I was blind, bleeding and crippled and on the ground, but i managed to kick him to the ground and slash his throat.
Im still alive too - Im currently curled up under a small crevice near a mountain, bleeding from the head, unable to see, and barely able to move.

Ive actually slowed the bleeding down though, i hope to try and recover from this.
I dont want this guy to die, hes been alive for so long, and been through so much. I cant let him die from some goblin scum!
But, ill need food soon. And water. I have some, but only enough for one or two days.

Ill just go back to hitting . every few seconds now...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Re: Post your stories from the new adventure mode
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 10:22:06 am »

Re-posting my message from 'What's going on in your adventure?' here, as it's now finished and works fairly well as a story.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:26:02 am by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.