Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1571 1572 [1573] 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2368898 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23580 on: July 22, 2024, 08:28:01 am »

Guns 😵 Winning 🤜 Being right 🤜 Being wrong 🤜 Critics 🤜 Artists 🤜 Paint 🤜 Invisibility 🤜 Alertness 🤜 Ambush 🤜 Sniper 🤜 Recoilless rifles 🤜 Tanks 🤜 Infantry 🤜 AA guns 🤜 Napalm 🤜 The Vietcong 🤜 The USA 🤜 Leaving the UN 🤜 International treaties 🤜 Nuclear weapons 🤜 Guerilla warfare 🤜 The USA invading Iraq 🤜 Oil fields 🤜 No fuel 🤜 Generator 🤜 Power cut 🤜 Electrolysis 🤜 Carbon dioxide 🤜 Fire 🤜 Plant 🤜 Soil 🤜 No soil 🤜 Enough earth to fill the hole 🤜 Hole 🤜 rock

Thank you for giving me some non-standard responses to what beats fire Akura.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23581 on: July 24, 2024, 12:01:57 am »

Just randomly exploded, and I'm pretty sure it's X-Wing Alliance Upgrade's fault.

I was doing the Rendezvous with Defector mission, which turned out to be incredibly frustrating.  You waste about 7 minutes doing a braindead assault on a space station before following an escaping shuttle back to the Rebel fleet.  They get intercepted by a star destroyer and interdictor cruiser, and you have to destroy the interdictor so they can escape.

I failed that like 5 times because I was overwhelmed by enemy fighters and kept getting shot down.  Once I finally managed to survive long enough for the interdictor to be destroyed, only for the star destroyer to destroy the Liberty and cause the mission to fail.  Each time you have to repeat that 7 minute part at the start of the mission.

After looking the mission up, I was reminded that there's an option to call reinforcements buried in the MFD.  Tried that and the mission went much easier.  I actually completed it and followed the Liberty to the hyper buoy, where it left.  Green on objectives.  Victory!

Then... mission failed!  The Liberty was destroyed after leaving the system!

I follow the hyper buoy to the next system and see debris floating everywhere.  Oddly, there's still an option to enter the Liberty's hangar, and when I try it my X-Wing just explodes.

I'm pretty sure the upgrade patch broke the placement of some ships and the Liberty spawned on top of the Redemption and they both exploded or something.  I just skipped the mission after that.  Sick of it at this point, and I did win.

Up next is the mission to stop Kupalo from escaping in the shuttle, which is the mission I hated the most as a kid.  I only ever beat it once, and ejected from my ship on the way back like an idiot, causing me to fail it anyway.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23582 on: July 27, 2024, 03:11:51 pm »

Made it to Stage 3-2 after some hours(2-4 was a slog). Then the game crashed. I hadn't made a save state in some time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Wandered into the wrong neighborhood. Started a conversation with a seemingly-friendly Agumon(Black) and Gabumon(Black), which resulted in a fight. Their battle level was 20. I can barely beat level 4 opponents. There was no option to flee. My two Sabredramon did single-digit damage where hitpoints quickly hit four digits. Which they proceeded to be hit for.

My reaction to that is basically "well, that sucked. Time to hit the gym."

« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 03:36:06 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23583 on: August 01, 2024, 03:05:56 pm »

Run over by a flaming robotic anthropomorphic deer.

Mega Man X2.

Pretty embarrassing to die to Flame Stag, but I was playing without using maverick weaknesses and had little health when I entered the fight.  I almost got him despite that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23584 on: August 05, 2024, 02:05:28 am »

Trampled by friggin' sheep ten times in a row. Also got "Indepence Day" achievment (Crash yourself into an enemy to clear a spell card) on a last life of last continue.  >:(

Fantastic Danmaku Festival 2
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 02:09:30 pm by MCreeper »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23585 on: August 05, 2024, 10:01:34 am »

5 hours over two days trying to beat the final boss of the Elden Ring DLC with a friend. We've probably failed at least 40 times at this point.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23586 on: August 06, 2024, 09:18:47 am »

I got Indiana Jones'd

Conscript.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23587 on: August 08, 2024, 05:32:21 pm »

Saw my Meteormon showing signs of old age, such as faster fatigue gain. MegaKabuterimon(Blue) had shown the same signs a few days before it passed - and despite picking a different egg it eventually somehow became Youkoumon again and is on track to re-digivolve back to MegaKabuterimon(Blue). So shortly after that, I sat it down with Youkoumon for a large meal, lots of meat.

Then Meteormon fucking died. Like, literally seconds later. For what it's worth, Meteormon never felt particularly as effective in battle as MegaKabuterimon(Blue).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23588 on: August 12, 2024, 05:58:52 pm »

Playing on Bannerlord difficulty iron-man mode with the ability to die. I had read for the PC this meant only by old age.

Evidently this information was very outdated, so Farcread fan Perric died trying to YOLO 11 looters with a fuck huge army in reserve, two towns to his name, and a kingdom ready to be declared.

I don’t feel quite so bad about save scumming that one.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23589 on: August 13, 2024, 01:06:19 am »

Playing on Bannerlord difficulty iron-man mode with the ability to die. I had read for the PC this meant only by old age.

Evidently this information was very outdated, so Farcread fan Perric died trying to YOLO 11 looters with a fuck huge army in reserve, two towns to his name, and a kingdom ready to be declared.

What, no heir to take over? Amateur  :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23590 on: August 13, 2024, 02:01:21 am »

What, no heir to take over? Amateur  :P

I had a spouse and three kids, I was just not expecting to die there, else I wouldn’t have been quite so gung-ho about being stun locked and beaten to death! :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23591 on: August 13, 2024, 04:50:29 am »

Got stealth-assassinated by a wisent. Not even the background music changed.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23592 on: August 17, 2024, 08:45:13 am »

Been staring at one of the last puzzles in Murder by Numbers all night since it's too hot to sleep anyways, and getting absolutely nowhere... while I'm sure that the answer is available online, does anybody see what the next step is?

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23593 on: August 17, 2024, 09:26:04 am »

Well idk the exact rules.  I understand:

- the numbers indicate how many consecutive black squares there are, and multiple numbers indicate consecutive black square that have at least one white between them.  This a row reading 2 1 means 2 black, then at least 1 white, then one more black.

- I presume you havent prematurely filled in any squares here, those black ones are pre-provided and accurate 100%.

- That alone isnt enough.  How many black square per red outlined square?

P:  I would start by making big assumptions.  The 8 block can only go left or right.
---

My own death?  Dont got one, havent played much
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 09:27:46 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23594 on: August 17, 2024, 10:35:40 am »

The single square you have on the right (in the vertical 2 1 line) you know it can’t be a two block going down, so you can X out the square underneath it (the horizontal 114 line above the 8 )

I don’t know if you want more than that, so that’s all you get for the moment.

Pages: 1 ... 1571 1572 [1573] 1574