Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376526 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23325 on: April 02, 2023, 06:40:52 am »

Got my Bradley under a bridge that it probably shouldn't have fit under - I'm genuinely surprised it worked - only to be one-shot from a distance by a Mobile Infantry Assault suit. Probably should have seen that coming.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23326 on: April 02, 2023, 05:42:22 pm »

Bloons Tower Defense 6 has a mode (CHIMPS) where you can't continue from where you died, won't let you use powers or any of the other stuff that makes levels easier, sets you to 1 hp, and extends the match to 100 rounds (well, you start on 6 so you have less money, but you still have to face the super blimp on 100).

I got to 99, and didn't pay attention, because I was buying stuff I'd need for round 100. A few weak balloons got through that I could have used special abilities on. Or just have done my prep between levels like someone who knows mistakes happen. Made it all that way without a guide or other help, on the hardest mode, and then didn't pay attention near the end.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23327 on: April 05, 2023, 08:22:07 am »

I'm positive the AI has it in for the player specifically in this game. This is the umpteenth time it's hamstrung itself against other AI specifically to stop me from getting anything in a war.

Ottomans were engaging the Russians, so I was planning to take Montenegro off their hands. They immediately dedicated some 2/3 of their forces to defend against me, leaving themselves almost defenceless against the Russians. Despite the fact I have a small army, and thus that degree of force is utterly unwarranted.

Victoria 3
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23328 on: April 07, 2023, 07:17:41 pm »

Killed by a giant floating pizza while trying to taunt for points at the exit door.  The death I deserviolied, but at least I failed to get enough points for S rank anyway.

Pizza Tower.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23329 on: April 07, 2023, 07:52:59 pm »

Tried taking on a camp, it was around the starting desert/river area so I figured it'd be easy, especially since I'd taken on God knows how many before.

Everything was going swimmingly until I went in a bit too deep. Four guys surrounded me, three of which were named characters. My health dropped like a fucking asteroid falling from space.

Conan Exiles

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23330 on: April 13, 2023, 11:09:34 am »

I've mostly been playing other things recently, but I did check in on my sect for a couple hours the other day.

After waiting for most of a year for the season to match up with their golden core formation, my sect leader finally started scarfing down the various pills and gems that might get him a higher grade core. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of doing this with a full Qi bar, consuming a Spirit Crystal (in addition to just a regular Spirit Stone, since the bonuses stack.) The sudden influx of 20,000 Qi, with no empty spiritual space to offset it, caused his brain to explode. Instantly keeled over, dead.

A golden-core catperson cultivator's time came. I prepared as best I could, but as she was one of my first golden cores, she was only tier VII, and there just wasn't ever much of a chance she could beat the Wrath of the Heavens. The remaining inner sect members took out the wild cat monster that resulted, and she'll be turned into a high quality robe.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23331 on: April 13, 2023, 12:26:05 pm »

Playing as slavs. Got an early half a stack revolt that constantly ran away, and into neighbor's territory as well.
I: Hey, homie, want to declare war on that half a stack of rebels that is camping near your city?
Neighbor: Of course, homie, i do! By the way, do you want to declare war on those hun goons?
I: Of course, homie, i do!
Four "longbowman horsearcher doomstacks that navigate all rivers without ships", that were at the moment in France, frigging rushed straight at me, obliterating me on arrival. I knew this would happen, but it is still silly.

Total War Atilla

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23332 on: April 15, 2023, 05:06:44 pm »

Killed three heavily armoured and armed guys, started reloading and came under fire. Looked that direction, there was nobody around.

Turns out that the game told me fire was coming in from the south. It was actually from a guy coming in from the north. I've no idea why the game decided to lie to me like that, but it did and I got killed for my trouble. Considering that was the fifth session where I died in a row I called it quits there.

Other deaths:

Player, no reason 
AI swarms (Looks like they broke the respawning AGAIN. I killed the guys in the area, two choppers dropped off more. Killed them too, and instantly another two appeared. You only have so many armour plates and so much ammo) 
Player who was breaking into the train safe when I was trying to board it. Game neglected to mention that the safe was being cracked this time. 
Character decided that, rather than boarding the train, she'd try to slide under it with predictable results.

Warzone 2 DMZ

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23333 on: April 15, 2023, 07:56:09 pm »

Trying to clean my lithium conveyor of mynocks. Proving hard, since I have to manually run lithium ore from the extractor to my base, to use the charged lithium coils to build power storage blocks, then place them along my power transmission lines. Then, put turrets on them. Unfortunately, I can't transmit enough power yet to keep the turrets powered.

While doing all this, I glitched into solid rock and died. It's not the first time I've glitched into solid rock, but I do think it's the first time it's killed me.

Oh, and upon respawning, I found two large areas of soft resin close to my base. One... concerningly close. I could have sworn I saw a worm boss spawn in the distance and despawn as I approached.

EDIT: Threat scanner showed the current attack was over, and new one would begin in about 15 minutes. So I left to check on my lab. Turns out it wasn't over. Goodbye, CPH.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 05:34:12 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23334 on: April 16, 2023, 07:53:28 pm »

If I'd have to sum up S3 DMZ in one word, it'd be "Sweat". Players camping (Seriously, how is spending 25 minutes staring down a scope fun for anyone?!), players chasing you down over absurd distances to steal the $5 in your backpack and the shoes off of your corpse, exfil campers, train-based slaughterfests...

And the AI, if it's not reinforcing constantly, works off of some sort of expanding circle of reinforcements instead. You get into a shootout and all the AI in the local area steadily pick up on that and filter in. I died one round after being stuck in a shop. Must have killed about 25 bots. Burned through my armour, all my SMG ammo, all my AR ammo, all my shotgun ammo. You can only do so much in the face of that. In fact, I'd almost got all of them, managed to peg a bot sniper in the face with the final shotgun round on me and they immediately domed me, apparently having received no flinch from a massive amount of buckshot smacking their face.

Warzone 2 DMZ

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23335 on: April 16, 2023, 09:26:12 pm »

It turns out that a spear to the guts really does hurt.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23336 on: April 18, 2023, 06:31:01 am »

Game chose to be incredibly stingy with raids and wildlife, even for ice sheet. I had two animal migrations and two raids in a year, alongside three animals wandering in (A hare, a fox, and a wolf). You can only do so much with that, and I resorted to cannibalising my colonists. That didn't stave off starvation long enough, and I wound up dying.

Rimworld

EDIT: Two issues with hostage rescue missions:

1) You can't enter the heli from the side with the hostage. You HAVE to approach from the rear because the heli won't actually land, it'll hover and you can't climb with someone on board. This makes it *great* for ambushing someone because all you need to do is look at it from a single angle.
2) The helicopter says it'll take off then spends another 10 seconds on the ground, giving ample opportunity for said ambushers to shoot you to death while you're downed.

Guess what the fuck happened to me? I saw the ambush coming, for some reason the south of Al-Mazrah is swarming with players now. I can only assume they added a load of spawn points down there so it's more likely to start and stay populated. God knows I've started there far too many times not to suspect that. What I didn't expect was the inability to use a side door, nor for the helicopter to just... sit there. I killed one ambusher, shot at the second a good bit and got downed, but they'd started firing at me while I finished off the first guy so they had a head start. Then because the heli sat there for fucking ages they got loads of time to run to the helicopter and kill me (Not that they deserved it, they struggled to actually hit me while I was downed because I was crawling around them. It was kind of pathetic watching them miss a barely moving target that much)

Warzone 2 DMZ
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 03:18:53 pm by Great Order »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23337 on: April 20, 2023, 09:46:59 am »

Playing DS3 mods:
Convergence - our lighting work is pretty bad and we added barely notable, yet incredible taxing amount of stuff to locations. Road of Sacrifices swamp now lags so hard, the game crashes near-instantly (unless it is some crazy bug, and not my PC running out of memory).
Cinders - you know what would be fun? Enemies appearing from thin air without any warning and special effects! And bosses too!
Champion's Ashes - every boss is now Ringed City boss.
Such shite. Prepare to Die Again for DS1 was, at least, half shite, half fun little thingies. There, i can't even get to fun little thingies.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 10:11:27 am by MCreeper »

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23338 on: April 23, 2023, 02:57:35 am »

Killed by a Zebbo

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23339 on: April 23, 2023, 05:50:24 am »

Made a few good moves, nearly cleared the board twice. Still lost soon afterwards, and my rank was "Near-Beginner". The advice it gave me at the end of that round was "You'll be a beginner soon."

For what it's worth, "Average" is the rank below "Near-Beginner". Beginner is halfway up the rank board.

Killed by a Zebbo

Huh, what a coincidence. I just finished playing that less than a week ago.
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 1575