Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1547 1548 [1549] 1550 1551 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376836 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23220 on: January 03, 2023, 04:45:52 pm »

Did exactly the same as you on my first try on that location, i was thinking "oh sweet XP" for all the mines disarming, and of course got that nasty "i really should have let the mines there" surprise :D

On a reload i simply moved slowly between all the mines (good you can separate with your companions so you can move each of them one by one, as when moving in group they're not smart enough to avoid the mines) , that helped a very lot in the monster waves that followed.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #23221 on: January 03, 2023, 05:23:04 pm »

I was given two choices, one of which had a symbol showing a plus sign, a skull, and the number 5.

I had 3 minutes left on the doomsday clock (displayed as -3 and a skull in the top-center of the screen).

I, uh...

Decided "well, let's see what happens!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And then the game wouldn't display the end-game results screen properly, meaning I couldn't actually return to the main menu and, say, start a new game, so I had to force-close the program.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23222 on: January 03, 2023, 06:06:17 pm »

To Mother in the Binding of Isaac...Multiple times.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23223 on: January 03, 2023, 10:54:55 pm »

Tried Interloper for the first time. It marks the third time out of four that I've used the random spawn (Forced in Interloper) where it's plonked me in Ash Canyon, a shitty area with few resources, little shelter, and only one map connector that leads to Timberwolf Mountain, which has even less shelter.

Started to freeze immediately, got attacked by a wolf immediately which destroyed most of my clothes and took a good chunk of health, continued to freeze even faster, made it to the connector, got attacked by *another* wolf, continued to freeze again, and finally chose to jump off a cliff because I only had a sliver of health left.

The Long Dark
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23224 on: January 04, 2023, 03:40:37 am »

At the end level 3, I had a loadout that was capable of beating the final boss who you face in level 8.
  • My primary weapon was a machine gun wand boosted by the Concentrated Spells perk, which lead it to have truly insane dps without any mana issues.
  • My secondary was a wand that would flood a massive portion of the map before electrocuting the water and exploding to finish off any poor souls who somehow managed to survive the jolt of electric current. The ultimate crowd-control.
    I had both explosion and electricity immunity. What would have been a WMD too dangerous for me to use was now zero risk.
  • My crown jewel though, was a wand enchanted with "Always cast: Matter Eater". This thing can dig through any material quickly, safely, and infinitely. If I was patient, I could have skipped every other level and dug my way all the way to the final boss.
Instead, I decided to return the first level to grab a health upgrade I was previously unable to access. I used the recoil of my first wand to fly up the three-story chasm. Once I got to the first floor, I continued to recoil-jetpack across the level as I made my way over the lava lake.

As I neared the end, I lost control of my trajectory and clumsily tumbled into the lava like a bad stunt pilot...

Hubris! Hubris! Hubris!

If I just doused the lava with water like players normally do, I would have been fine! If just flew across the lake normally instead of by using wand recoil, I would have been fine! (provided I used the recoil to provide a single last second boost). If I just continued playing the game normally instead of trying to pick up each and every last power up, I would have been fine!

I've played this game for 146 hours, and the only reason why I don't have a win yet is because I keep falling prey to my own greed.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23225 on: January 04, 2023, 12:33:23 pm »

Be wary, triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23226 on: January 06, 2023, 04:44:57 pm »

Discovered that Forretress, using Curse* and Gyro Ball*, is an excellent wall/sweeper as long as your opponent does not have anything on their team with Flamethrower.

I don't have anything on my team with Flamethrower.

EDIT: Made it to night 69 before the zombies managed to get inside an onto the walls. If I hadn't been there to punch them down, the defenders would have been overrun and killed. The next night probably isn't going to go much better, as I'm still transitioning from bows to crossbows, and thus have to make ammo for both.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 05:50:35 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23227 on: January 09, 2023, 06:40:42 am »

I made it, I made it. Almost.
Almost's not good enough.
Tore my way through 17 districts in a stealthy light mech, using my highly illegal radiation gun to melt enemies through walls before they could get their shields up. When that didn't work, a massive cannon did a good job.
I didn't always avoid setting off the alarm, and I didn't always complete every objective, but I always got out alive. Usually I'd go in, find the captains, and turn them into puddles in their seats. A few close calls left my hull barely holding on, but that's what hardshields are for.
District 18. The spaceport, my way off this rock. One last job.
It went fairly standard. Drew the attention of a swarm of spacer probes and probably a mech or two and blew it all into scrap. Took out an orbital cannon. And then before I even knew what was happening, it all went to hell as a whole damn platoon opened fire on me. Behind me was open ground, suicide to back up, so I could only go forwards, using my cloak to avoid taking any more fire. Someone called an alarm, I have no idea who. I realized that the facility I was fleeing into was the spaceport itself. Freedom and riches, only a few more strides away, as my camo wears off. But the enemies in here heard the alarm and knew I was coming, they open fire-

[screaming, explosions]

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23228 on: January 09, 2023, 12:48:11 pm »

Don't know what's worse, the fact that I have ass worms or that I lost my only arrowhead because a wolf attacked me and ran off with it in its eye socket.

The Long Dark

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23229 on: January 09, 2023, 12:55:25 pm »

[screaming, explosions]

A suitable story for the setting, haha.

A new mercenary company emerges under a group of anatomists, seeking monstrous cadavers for research. Naturally, when traveling the roads on their first night they are ambushed by dire wolves and slaughtered.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23230 on: January 09, 2023, 11:47:29 pm »

It all finally caught up with me.

I tried an expedition south out of Milton to Forlorn Muskeg.

Repeated harrying by wolves meant it was difficult to rest up properly and gather resources. They never got me, but they made living hard.

The intestinal worms were still going on, steadily killing me.

Then I got a bout of food poisoning. I healed that up, but it left me at 50% condition.

Then I got another bout of food poisoning. I healed from that, but it left me very little condition left.

Hatchet broke so I couldn't gather more firewood (It went from 9% to broken on a single cedar limb. Fuck that thing for quitting out on me). I made a fire and went to sleep next to it, but I think I must have dehydrated at night and died because I never woke up.

The Long Dark

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23231 on: January 10, 2023, 07:10:55 pm »

I entered a prison known as The Maze of Death. I had to rappel down an elevator shaft to find what I was looking for. I cleared the entire floor, checked every body, computer, trash can, potted plant, etc. I have not found a way back up the elevator shaft. I guess I'm done with the game now?

Encased (rpg).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23232 on: January 11, 2023, 07:07:25 pm »

After a fairly long dive, I saw a pirate shooting at a fellow miner. The same pirate had tried to shake me down twice already.

Had my laser on them for probably a full minute, for no apparent damage. Then they got close enough to hit me a few time with their weapon. Not sure exactly what it was, it fired red bolts. Either way, a few hits were apparently enough to wreck my propellant tanks and reactor. The other guy got away at least.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23233 on: January 15, 2023, 07:07:41 am »

Ninjas. Entirely willing to NUKE their own base in order to get rid of me.

I am speaking literally here. In every Ninja Firebase, there are 2 Ninjas with D.C. Portable Mortars, loaded with Baby Nukes. Worst scenario is when said ninjas start in a position to reaction fire my gals on the landing platform. While they themselves are not visible due to their camo.

Which is exactly what happened. Much savescumming was had.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23234 on: January 15, 2023, 06:43:29 pm »

Me and my friends had some cursed runs in DMZ.

Kept running into enemy squads who had twitchier reactions than someone on meth, coke and caffeine simultaneously, at one point we got into a shitshow of four squads, constantly running into tier 3 enemies (Never died to them though. Downed yes, died no), every time we'd engage bots there'd be swarms of them moving in.

It was kind of absurd just how much shit was going on.

CoD Warzone 2
Pages: 1 ... 1547 1548 [1549] 1550 1551 ... 1575