Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377113 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23085 on: August 16, 2022, 08:36:47 am »

The whole economy of my city collapsed because a priest managed to repeatedly get lost on a straight road without forks. By the time I got the mess cleaned up, I got invaded due to debt.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23086 on: August 16, 2022, 03:49:03 pm »

Step 5: The Copper Die, which hadn't even been touched yet, decided to hit the self-destruct button. This killed Chie and the MC, and since this is a Persona game the loss of the MC is an instant game over.
I've always found it hilarious that, despite KO being totally curable in Persona, your entire party just instantly loses the will to fight as soon as the protagonist flops. You'd think that instead there would be a social link bonus that makes your allies get fired up to "avenge" you or something, but no. You just lose.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23087 on: August 17, 2022, 03:01:37 pm »

Got a bigass Chile pepper on the side of my taco plate. I figured out that big Chile peppers are usually fairly mild, and I have a pretty decent tolerance to spicy.

Noooope. I took one bite spit it out, then spent the next 5 minutes regretting it.

Rl
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23088 on: August 18, 2022, 04:55:55 am »

RL truly the hardest game ever conceived.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23089 on: August 18, 2022, 06:50:34 am »

On my way to try to finally get the aegis armor in Hellpoint, the zone where it can be found is located a long walk (and several platform jumps) away from the closest breach.
once you get to the zone there's a serie of platforms going down, some you need to jump on, some you need to drop on (as a jump would lead you into the void) , some may be too high (and would be insta death if you don't use an exploit that i spotted on a reddit topic today).

I was happy to have cleared the hardest part of that super annoying platform serie (probably my most hated area in Hellpoint), when i saw the last one below, i thought "oh no need to risk a jump, it looks close enough to simply walk and drop on it", so i just walked and dropped down.
Except that i should have jumped as dropping down made me miss from an inch the platform, fall to my death to respawn at the breach.
I wonder if one day i'll get the aegis without throwing my monitor through the window first.

Gunroar:Cannon()

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23090 on: August 18, 2022, 03:59:17 pm »

What is this RL. I've heard about it everywhere. Sounds like a horrible game IMO.

Came across a room of 2 dar blademasters. They're pretty fast and 2 on one might be a problem, so I throw a potion of paralytic gas at them while standing outside the range of the soon to be paralysis air. Then one of the dudes teleports right next to me, like a dang quick side step in an anime.

In my surprise, like some dingus, I step back, right into the paralysis gas, and he one-shots me ... because I'm paralysed.

The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

tweet...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #23091 on: August 19, 2022, 03:40:40 pm »

Completed the Matterhorn Arena.

Got up to a 22 combo in the level after that... but then got stomped by a... whatever the hovering people that shoot poison pools are called.

Out For Blood is... Well, that describes the showrunners, the House Players, the audience, and the difficulty. All weapons and enemies are available from the very first level, and Hassan (the player character) receives 50% more damage from all sources. There are also many more enemies.

It's a fun, if sometimes frustrating, time.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:39:49 pm by AzyWng »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23092 on: August 19, 2022, 10:18:14 pm »

I found out Crimsonland is still a fairly interesting game. Especially when you're listening to a podcast/audiobook.

I have died so many times, usually from enemy-spawning areas.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23093 on: August 19, 2022, 11:31:03 pm »

It's maybe worth noting 10tons (the crimsonland dev) never, like... stopped, or anything. They kept putting stuff out, and some of their more recent-ish stuff (Tesla vs Lovecraft, ferex) is pretty similar to Crimsonland if you're interested in more-but-different. Crimsonland definitely holds up remarkably well for being nearly 20 years old, tho'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23094 on: August 20, 2022, 03:32:17 pm »

I swear that Vicky 2 has some sort of anti-player bias in battles, because I almost exclusively roll 0-3 in the first stage of a battle. Since this absolutely devastates my numbers and morale, it generally results in me losing them or, if I win by sheer weight of numbers, being unable to sustain the war because I'm bleeding men like a nicked artery bleed blood.

Victoria 2
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23095 on: August 20, 2022, 06:38:00 pm »

Came across a small pond in Brogue with ...WOAH --- 3 eels in it. Avoid! (They can only move in water)

Move on, passing an arrow turret and find a door key at a dead end. I suspect that taking the key will spawn a lot of arrow turrets in the room in an attempt to end me so I take it, in knowing I can handle it like a big boy. Then no arrow turrets, no trap, hmmmm... a free key. Nice.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A FREE KEY.

I should have seen it coming because it's happened to me before, but alas, the area starts flooding. OH SHI-

The eels close in on me and I get ready for battle, but they're just to powerful when grouped. I attack one, pushing it back. Then throw a potion of descent at it and it goes to the next level, probably flopping somewhere on the ground ... more than it deserved. I then take out the other 2 and come out with my health below 25%. I'm a hero.

Go out the next door, a poisonous centipede. It attacks, I lose.

BROGUE.

I've been replaying this seed/map and I WILL NOT STOP NOW.

tweet...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23096 on: August 20, 2022, 09:43:18 pm »

Came across a small pond in Brogue with ...WOAH --- 3 eels in it. Avoid! (They can only move in water)

Move on, passing an arrow turret and find a door key at a dead end. I suspect that taking the key will spawn a lot of arrow turrets in the room in an attempt to end me so I take it, in knowing I can handle it like a big boy. Then no arrow turrets, no trap, hmmmm... a free key. Nice.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A FREE KEY.

I should have seen it coming because it's happened to me before, but alas, the area starts flooding. OH SHI-

The eels close in on me and I get ready for battle, but they're just to powerful when grouped. I attack one, pushing it back. Then throw a potion of descent at it and it goes to the next level, probably flopping somewhere on the ground ... more than it deserved. I then take out the other 2 and come out with my health below 25%. I'm a hero.

Ah, good. Someone backing up my habit of killing enemies who aren't currently a threat, because they could possibly become one in the near future.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23097 on: August 21, 2022, 03:06:59 pm »

Ah, good. Someone backing up my habit of killing enemies who aren't currently a threat, because they could possibly become one in the near future.
Yep, the next time I made sure to take care of them first.

Currently: Killed by a Kraken in Depth 19. I ... AM ... HEERO.

tweet...

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23098 on: August 21, 2022, 09:50:55 pm »

oops. wrong thread
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23099 on: August 21, 2022, 10:58:56 pm »

Mother.

Cunting.

Pavel.

I got up to the stage where he ambushes you with a squad. Died to the squad many multiple times because there's no cover (Ostensibly there is, but bullets go straight through it and the AI always, *always* knows where you are), you're literally surrounded, and for some reason I was able to riddle enemies with bullets and they'd just keep going. Sights lined up on their torso and the shots would just phase through them.

I finally beat them, get to the point where you have to fight him as he shoots at you. I had enough health to take one bullet and die. I was literally on my dying breath, and there were no medkits.

I died so many fucking times to that cunting motherfucking bitching inbred commie bastard. You have to hit him three times as he shoots at you, and I had literally no room for mistakes. I learned the best method was to lob a grenade at him, but half the time the grenades would either hit thin air, bounce straight back, or refuse to bounce at all and miss.

If it wasn't for the moral point system, I'd have killed him instead of rescuing him. I still got the bad ending, mind.

Metro: Last Light Redux
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 1575