Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377142 times)

Gunroar:Cannon()

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23055 on: July 26, 2022, 05:31:14 pm »

Killed by a Cave Spider while fainted from lack of food

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was sure this was minecraft XD
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

tweet...

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23056 on: July 26, 2022, 06:19:36 pm »

Killed by a Cave Spider while fainted from lack of food

Was sure this was minecraft XD
Nope just 20+ years earlier ;)   I'm sure there is some trail of influence between nethack to minecraft in some way or another.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23057 on: July 27, 2022, 03:00:39 am »

Put fire trail on a rapid fire bouncy projectile wand, set myself on fire multiple times, ran into some jetpack hiisi while on fire. I probably should have rushed to the portal with my dynamite wand on hand.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23058 on: July 28, 2022, 05:37:47 pm »

Started Bitterblack Isle before finishing the main game. Generally, you're supposed to finish the main game and start doing this well though a NG+. About, oh, halfway through I guess, found the one enemy that's all but hard-stopped my progress: an Eliminator. If nothing else screams "Dark Souls import", it's this. Narrow corridor, massive and fast attacks, and a nearly inescapable instant-death attack - technically, you can escape it, but only if your pawns can stagger it in time(mine are bad at this).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23059 on: July 29, 2022, 10:34:56 am »

Been having an interesting bit of recursive dying going on:

The latest floors feature four (or more) enemies, and allow me to deploy up to four librarians (and given the difficulty, using only three units would be shooting myself in the foot). Unfortunately, the only floors I have that can currently field four librarians are not the floors that I'd been previously using to clear content, so they're generally set up more poorly, and I'm not as used to how their abnormalities work (bonus powers that give modifications to units in-battle).

Anyway, long story short, I'll fight with the new team, lose (which costs me the books I need to repeat that fight); go back to the previous fight to re-earn those books; and - on at least two occasions now - manage to lose that fight as well, causing me have to go back even further to re-earn the books I need.

Plus side, it gives me more books to burn, and I've actually unlocked a number of useful new pages that have really helped bring the B-teams into combat-ready shape.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23060 on: August 01, 2022, 08:36:55 am »

Second and third turns.

Conquest of Elysium 5

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23061 on: August 02, 2022, 11:00:44 pm »

Incinerated when I failed a combination puzzle.

As an aside, kinda "fuck this game" right now. What kind of an asshole puts a kill puzzle combination at the end of a 5 stage physics puzzle maze and doesn't give you a checkpoint? By the last couple of puzzles it was just so tedious and repetitive and felt like someone was padding it out, I just wanted to get out of the side area and get back to the main dungeon. I probably lost 4 hours of progress because these guys can't institute any sort of reasonable check pointing system. I do not understand the iron man mentality. All it means for most games is you just have to grind back up through all the crap you already know and have done to get back to the point at which it's new again.

I'd come to terms with Exanima's philosophy on difficulty, but after a super long and very sterile puzzle dungeon that was designed to kill you at the very end, I have almost no desire to repeat all that shit again. At least I know all the solutions now, but sheesh. Legit feel like my time has been wasted.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 11:02:24 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23062 on: August 03, 2022, 08:07:46 pm »

As an aside, kinda "fuck this game" right now. What kind of an asshole puts a kill puzzle combination at the end of a 5 stage physics puzzle maze and doesn't give you a checkpoint? By the last couple of puzzles it was just so tedious and repetitive and felt like someone was padding it out, I just wanted to get out of the side area and get back to the main dungeon. I probably lost 4 hours of progress because these guys can't institute any sort of reasonable check pointing system. I do not understand the iron man mentality. All it means for most games is you just have to grind back up through all the crap you already know and have done to get back to the point at which it's new again.

I'd come to terms with Exanima's philosophy on difficulty, but after a super long and very sterile puzzle dungeon that was designed to kill you at the very end, I have almost no desire to repeat all that shit again. At least I know all the solutions now, but sheesh. Legit feel like my time has been wasted.

Agreed. Ironman on puzzles is stupid.

ALthough it might be funny to do a long run of them, then change the 5th one so people get in a rhythm because they know the answers and expect none of them to change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23063 on: August 03, 2022, 08:20:09 pm »

It turns out that if you turn on active camo and walk into highway traffic, the motorists do not see you!  Science!

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23064 on: August 04, 2022, 05:01:07 am »

Completely unrelated to the game, I've read a couple of your posts over the past week regarding this game, and now I'm getting YT suggesting me videos of the game in question, fascinating how it figures out this shit and tries to see if I'm interested, but when I'm trying to search for something specific it keeps throwing unrelated shit I've seen before at me :U
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23065 on: August 04, 2022, 09:04:50 am »

If you're signed into a Google account it's tracking your searches and then forwarding those to Youtube.

But yeah. The All Seeing Eye is unnerving to watch in action.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23066 on: August 05, 2022, 04:41:41 pm »

That's the thing tho, never searched for the damn thing, the closest I got was reading this thread where one of the posts just happened to mention the game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23067 on: August 05, 2022, 04:50:27 pm »

Wait until you travel internationally... I was stuck for about 12 hours at Copenhagen International a few weeks ago, and now I keep getting ads for Copenhagen's #1 rated gentlemen's club of 2019. Despite only flying through the city, having been there only once (since the internet was a thing, at least), and the closest I've been to the field was lunch at a Hooters years ago.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23068 on: August 05, 2022, 07:22:16 pm »

I did succeed in the end, but I've decided to try and 100% Celeste (Except gold strawberries, because fuck that noise), and there was one strawberry that killed me so many times I was actually unable to keep myself from dropping every expletive I could think of at the screen. You have to jump off a moving platform, wall jump, dash back onto it as it moves past some spikes, grab a green crystal, double dash into the strawberry, grab the platform again, grab another crystal, then double jump on top of the platform. Because the platform's moving and adjacent to spikes, there's no room for error.

I

FUCKING

HATE

THAT

STRAWBERRY
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23069 on: August 05, 2022, 07:56:07 pm »

One of us
One of us
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 [1538] 1539 1540 ... 1575