Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1526 1527 [1528] 1529 1530 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377345 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22905 on: January 17, 2022, 12:54:14 am »

Got run over by an ant-eating freight train Barroth.  I wasn't even hunting it; I was scouting the new map as part of a fetch mission, heard that steam-kettle whistle, and *wham*.  Tried to fight back, and *wham* again.  Really, at this point I should have expected it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Also not a death, but it just feels odd not having to perform with my hunting horn not nearly as much anymore.  I may switch the mode now that I've unlocked switch skills, just to compare.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 01:06:07 am by Culise »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22906 on: January 17, 2022, 01:26:07 am »

Was playing as a carpenter ant alate and got cocky in my percieved power. As I was flying above a fire ant worker to kill them, I accidentally flew too far into their zone, like literally at their doorstep. I landed onto and killed the worker, but in turn the entirety of the fire ant colony swarmed me. I got pwned. Though I just came back when the queen layed eggs again so no big deal.

Ant Life in Roblox.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22907 on: January 17, 2022, 08:43:52 am »

It was the flies. They were everywhere.
I couldn't stand their buzzing noises anymore.

So, I took a few irl hours to grab and haul well over 100 zombie corpses that were left around my house after a helicopter event, piled them all up, just outside of sound effect range and made a campfire next to them. After waiting for 2h, the fire didn't spread to the pyre.

So, I, completely oblivious of PZ's fire mechanics, grabbed a corpse from the pyre, to throw it over the campfire.
And promptly set myself on fire, instantly causing my leg to have burn damage preventing me from running anywhere.
Enter fiery death.

New character found only a pile of coal on the road. Not even a key ring survived. New world gen time.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22908 on: January 19, 2022, 04:21:36 pm »

Spent all my Mysterious Shards on Discovery Slates, only to discover that they can only be used in one room in Ramanas Park, to summon the three golems, Regice, Registeel, and Regirock. The slates for the other rooms only unlock once you catch all three. Mystery Shards are a pain to find.

Oh, and speaking of the Regis, caught all three, and took them to Snowpoint Temple to awaken... a SHINY Regigigas!

Burned through so many Ultra Balls, and started throwing Timer Balls. Was going to throw one last Timer Ball before using the Master Ball. It failed, and then...

"Regigigas is out of moves! Regigigas used Struggle! *takes way too much recoil damage* The wild Regigigas fainted!"

I am so incomprehensibly angry right now.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22909 on: January 21, 2022, 04:53:23 pm »

The Dragon's Den doesn't screw around.  It's an elaborate maze of unlocking doors and switches you have to stand on, which makes backtracking to save points rather tricky at times.  Thankfully I'm emulating so I had a save state before the following:

GM: Upon returning to the formerly locked door, you encounter the red dragon!  It roars and "Sacrifices its life force to make itself stronger."  Roll initiative.
Cyan: I'll use bushido - wait I didn't mean to do that, hold on-
GM: Too late, Red Dragon's turn.  It opens with Red Fang, putting Cyan at 0.
Cyan: What, no save?
GM: I'm not done.  It follows with Red Fang, Celes you're down too.
Celes: What's happening, I was checking my spellbook
GM: It concludes with a Flare for... more HP than Mog has.
Mog: KUPO!
GM: Alright Locke, what do you do?  As if I don't know.
Locke: Don't worry everyone, my build is perfect!  By dual-wielding the Valiant Knife and Thief's Knife, along with the Master's Scroll, I will attack eight times-
All: WE KNOW JUST ROLL
GM: Alright, so with those rolls... and accounting for the Valiant Knife's effect... congrats, you hit eight times for 0 damage. 
GM: Red Dragon's turn, it attacks... ooh, you survived!  Then it attacks again.
Locke: Yeah, that kills me-
GM: Don't interrupt.  It attacks you again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.  Eight total.
Locke: okay I'm sensing you don't like my build

TBH I kinda like finally seeing a proper puzzle-boss like in FF4 or FF5.  6 is great but the boss fights are pretty easy to roll over unless you're keeping your levels down on purpose.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 04:56:22 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22910 on: January 22, 2022, 08:14:35 pm »

Trying to deliver the Delicate Flower. I make it to the final room, except there's a spiked gap to cross. I did not have the confidence that a normal dash would make it across, so I tried to Crystal Dash across and stop quickly.

I did not make it, because I overshot it slightly and hit the second bunch of spikes. Probably should have practiced that jump before the attempt.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22911 on: January 23, 2022, 12:41:58 pm »

Spent all my Mysterious Shards on Discovery Slates, only to discover that they can only be used in one room in Ramanas Park, to summon the three golems, Regice, Registeel, and Regirock. The slates for the other rooms only unlock once you catch all three. Mystery Shards are a pain to find.

Oh, and speaking of the Regis, caught all three, and took them to Snowpoint Temple to awaken... a SHINY Regigigas!

Burned through so many Ultra Balls, and started throwing Timer Balls. Was going to throw one last Timer Ball before using the Master Ball. It failed, and then...

"Regigigas is out of moves! Regigigas used Struggle! *takes way too much recoil damage* The wild Regigigas fainted!"

I am so incomprehensibly angry right now.

If an item has a limited amount of use like that, there should be a limited number in the store so you don't buy more than you need.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22912 on: January 24, 2022, 03:30:24 am »

Looking for a how to use a generator book for the 4th day in a row since the power went out.  Friend is back around base finding electronics to deconstruct in neighboring houses because he installed a mod that gives you a free generator book poofing into your inventory once you reach a certain skill.  So basically we're both trying to find a generator book in our own way.

While searching a house a bunch of zombies come into a window. I probably could have fought them there but wanted more space so I headed to the front door.  Exit the front door and theres immediately 5 more zombies outside that I run smack into, take lots of damage, somehow avoid being dragged down. 2 scratches 2 lacerations... and a bite.  Bandage them all up just barely before bleeding out.  Whip out my emergency shotgun to clear a path back to the car and GTFO back to base.

I'm sick, I'm anxious and queasy.  It's only a matter of time.  Friend knows I got roughed up a bit, but since I'm team medic he has no reason to know that I've been bit, but as the medic I know it's only a matter of time.

Project Zomboid.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22913 on: January 24, 2022, 06:34:37 am »

Purposefully failed at making magical artifact out of own left arm (Have you gone mad? Did you really not find anything better for this purpose?) just to see what happens. Upon activation MC screamed and flailed around for few moments before her arm exploded.

Obscure russian text androind game that wouldn't be worth noting at all if not for author's vastly better, but perpetually in development other game.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22914 on: January 24, 2022, 01:16:32 pm »

Do either of these games have a name? Even something that can be copied and pasted might help me find it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22915 on: January 24, 2022, 02:33:24 pm »

Obscure russian text androind game
Do either of these games have a name? Even something that can be copied and pasted might help me find it.
Can you read Russian?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22916 on: January 24, 2022, 03:48:59 pm »

No, but I can at least copy and paste text... I think...

What MCreeper's said about this game makes me want to give it a look, at least.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22917 on: January 25, 2022, 04:39:29 am »

The one that i died in is "Пятеро в подземелье". Pretty generic and pretty short fantasy game (no actual fighting to be seen, though, probably with exception of fighting "final boss" as a last resort) with romance that is kinda lame. The better one is "Ошейник", about a girl that is sold into slavery for her father's crimes, IIRC. Freaking huge as a whole, with four completely separate paths with diffirent owners, each varies a bit depending on skills you select at the beginning. And romance is not lame, i think.  :P Alas, it is about half-done at that point, though author works very actively on it. There are two chapters planned for each master, with final common chapter (and additional fifth path if you decide to sod it all), but only Inquisitor and Sorcerer got their two. By the way, only one master of the three i did read remotely treats the MC as a slave, so it's pretty tame.  :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 07:35:03 am by MCreeper »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22918 on: January 25, 2022, 09:05:07 am »

Did you notice? The urls of the Google Play give the translations. "Five in the dungeon" for the first one, "Collar" for the second one.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22919 on: January 27, 2022, 02:35:11 am »

Doing a nice run with an archer who can fire cloned arrows through walls that stun, with the rapidity of a machine gun.

Then I start ricocheting around the room taking damage, evidently from... some damage reflection effect? Okay, lets try magic missile. Nope. Fireballs? Nope.

Guy's getting close... kite him through acid? Not doing damage, but at least I'm not taking damage from trying to hurt him either. Whack him with a stick? Nope.

Then he hits me with this giant axe with a sweep larger than the room, and proceeds to slooooowly beat the crud out of me while I'm stunlocked for thirty seconds.

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 1526 1527 [1528] 1529 1530 ... 1575