Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377350 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22890 on: December 13, 2021, 09:29:01 pm »

Pro tip for the future, throw potions of acid or ink or similar poisonous beverages at golden bells. They'll dodge the bottle, but the puddle of liquid will poison them. Since Bells don't have a lot of health, typically they die in a turn or three.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22891 on: December 15, 2021, 04:30:50 pm »

Wasted days of time because I misunderstood a certain game mechanic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22892 on: December 16, 2021, 01:51:07 pm »

Got compensation for basically no invasions on previous three and then some playtroughs. Trying to go to Eygil's Idol, got invaded in quick succession by two red phantoms and two blue phantoms. I didn't see that many smurfs (except on red arena, which almost consists of them) before that, but all of those were very obvious smurfs.

Dark Souls 2

After that, i got invaded and killed by blue phantom two more times. He wrote me a hatemail. I didn't deign to read it, but he had some kind of paladinic nonsense on his profile. Looks like it was one hell of self-righteous bastard.  ::)

Come to think of it, i was invaded at least 11 times this evening, while usually it's negligible 5 per playtrough, string or no string. Blues don't get someone to invade frequently, do they?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 02:13:23 pm by MCreeper »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22893 on: December 16, 2021, 07:39:20 pm »

Oh yeah, I died in Elona+ Custom G lately.  I loaded it up without having played it for quite a while, loaded an Ironman character (forget what Elona calls it), and promptly died on the field map because I wasn't paying attention.  Well, dunno how many hours of my life I lost in a couple of minutes.  Can't delete the save, since that deletes the gene file that I had fortunately made.  A REAL heirloom gene, I'd say, since I have no clue what this poor soul collected before expiring.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22894 on: December 24, 2021, 08:09:25 am »

Second-to-last campaign mission. The enemy ramps up their attacks pretty fast, and I'm overwhelmed more than once before I can get proper defenses set up.

I work out a new strategy where I manage to push the T2 engineering upgrade on my commander very quickly, get some heavy turrets and eventually shields, giving me a strong enough position to actually work on doing the mission. Figure that would be a good time to save the game.

The game crashes during the save.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22895 on: December 26, 2021, 01:03:50 pm »

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

My hero is on an adventure exploring the unknown lands around the capital of his newly created Barony leading his party of level 5 guys and gals (after defeating the Stag Lord and claiming the area as our Barony we got to level 5 as we were level 4 up to then).

We then enter the area that features the bridge over the Gudrin river at some distance of the capital.
Instead of just going to the end of the bridge, we start to explore the surrounding hill and clearing , killing and looting what's on our path.
At some distance of the bridge, near the river bank there's a hill and right in its side there is the entrance to a huge cave there.

After destroying the wolf pack that was nearby we enter the cave, lot of bones and broken items around... looks like we found the feeding ground of those wolves.
Then we run into the cave owner ... uh oh that's no wolf this one, it's also gigantic like a huge dragon, it's horned but there's no wing and it has 2 arms and instead of legs there's some big snake tail.

That huge beast is called a "Crag Linnorm" , having never heard about this thing and the description being on mostly unknown for the stats, i decide to bravely throw my party of level 5 characters into the fight.

The less i can say is that they really didn't last long. After checking wiki about what the hell was this "Linnorm" creature, i understood how silly underleveled i was to face that thing :D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 01:05:31 pm by Robsoie »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22896 on: December 26, 2021, 01:19:40 pm »

As soon as you mentioned the bridge over the river I knew exactly where your post was going.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22897 on: December 26, 2021, 08:49:20 pm »

During the final mission, I was building a bunch of Tempest-class experimental battleships(which suck by the way), with myself helping the Aeon support commander that's given at the start of the mission(Rhiza is best girl; she gave me not only the S-Com, but a Galactic Colossus. Fletcher just gives you a bunch of bots with his S-Com).

While building those, an enemy Czar(giant flying saucer) flew over and started rapidly destroying the Tempests already built(I did say they suck). I sent my own three Czars to counter it. I was looking away at the time it happened, but I surmise that my Czars decided to fly into the collision box of the enemy Czar - they do this to themselves if you order multiple Czars to move without dragging a formation for them. It seems that live Czars, possibly all aircraft but I haven't thoroughly tested that, have no collision to anything but hostile weapons fire. It's when they die, then they can crash into something. So, when the enemy Czar died, it hit my Czars, killing them, and sending them down.

Did I mention that my ACU was right under them? Yeah, they crashed into me, killing me instantly as well. My last save was before completing the first mission objective, even before I finished building a Paragon(infinite resources, because Rhiza is best girl) and a Mavor artillery gun because of (spoiler:) {Fletcher's obvious and inevitable betrayal. The Mavor killed him quickly. Not before he blew up a bunch of now-useless(because of the Paragon) generators, though.}

That huge beast is called a "Crag Linnorm"

"Linnorm"(linnormr) is an old Icelandic word for a wingless dragon-like creature. The word became "Lindworm" in old Germanic, though Chrome's spellchecker says "linnorm" is right but "lindworm" is not.

Yar, you got gat by a dragon.

EDIT: Got reamed by Cynthia. I don't think I've had a flat-out loss like that in a mainstream Pokemon game like that in years. If my Empoleon had managed to survive her Garchomp's Earthquake, I might have been able to one-shot it with Ice Beam, but alas, I got gat by a dragon.

Also, a total lack of Grass-types on my team probably didn't help. Probably also doesn't help that, besides perhaps Cynthia's Roserade, there just aren't any decent Grass-types in the game until after you beat her. Probably could raise my own Roserade, I've got a Roselia sitting around. Plus, my Rapidash needs a much better physical Fire-type move than Flame Wheel. Apparently it's just a few levels short of learning Flare Blitz, which would have been a massive improvement despite the recoil.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 04:20:33 pm by Akura »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22898 on: January 02, 2022, 04:36:41 pm »

Library of Ruina. Do a mind-numbingly boring combat -> watch an interesting piece of story treadmill worked fine until first path divergence (that is not actually one). Losing in combat after one suddenly counted as complete loss after death of only one party. Not sure whether it was because i sent "main" party first or because it just does in this particular fight. And thanks to game's weird-ass progression and some carelessness i need to redo all fights from... uh oh, the third one.  ::)

I find it funny how there are apparently no guns in this cyberpunk dystopia. Punks fight with bats and oversized chainsaws. Policegirls fight with swords bigger than a person. No guns to be seen so far. Guess it's because it's japanese cyberpunk. And characters' chatter makes me want to start up Lobotomy Corporation and see for myself what the hell happened at the end, but... no. No.  ::)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 07:34:32 pm by MCreeper »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22899 on: January 02, 2022, 05:20:38 pm »

Tried to go after to weakest bounty in the game, who had a bounty of 1,000,000 credits. Seemed decent enough, most missions and mining runs at my current level pay about 200k. I travel to his location, and see that he's flying a frigate, so I assume he's roughly on par with me and my frigate.

His first volley instantly deleted my shields, on all four sides. The second volley deleted me. I didn't have much chance to see what was going on, I was dead in 2 seconds.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22900 on: January 03, 2022, 03:13:15 pm »

Perfect Tower 2 allows you to bypass some of the most tedious parts of the game with in-game scripting, and is nice enough to allow import/export so you can use stuff from other people.

The factory automation thing I found claimed that it didn't matter that it wouldn't work with the scanning tool, because the built-in scanning assist was good enough. That's good, I think, because I haven't gotten enough stuff together to start scanning very many things. As a test, I tried to make 8 basic chips (mildly tedious to make, but also should complete quickly). On the fourth guess as to how to interpret the list of items in the instructions, it started doing something.

My already tight inventory is now full of garbage like tubes and other objects of not only the wrong tier, but also unrelated to making chips. I do have 10^7-ish precursors to one of the parts used to make the chips. Waste of space and resources.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22901 on: January 04, 2022, 10:53:33 am »

I tried to burn 4 zombie corpses in a campfire, but it was not working, in spite of parts of the corpses being in the fire. While walking around, I accidentally stepped into the campfire, fell over, and died, all in the span of about 2 seconds.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22902 on: January 12, 2022, 10:41:22 pm »

Smashed the window of a school thinking it was safe on the other side. It wasn't.

Project Zomboid.

ZoddTheImmortal

• Bay Watcher
  • Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22903 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:11 am »

Tank had about us Pinned down and I tried to get a good look at where infantry fire was coming from. Didnt Duck Fast enough.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22904 on: January 13, 2022, 01:33:33 pm »

Finally got around to setting up mall production for nuclear power. Got 4 reactors down, all the heat exchangers and turbines down, uranium sourced and processing into fuel, kovarex cycle started. Saved my game to end the session for the day.

And only after did I notice:

No idea when it happened. All my autosaves are screwed, too, so it was a while back. Must have clicked a craft accidentally. Is there a way to turn off crafting from your suit?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:35:54 pm by Niveras »
Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 1575