Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376032 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21030 on: January 28, 2019, 02:21:51 am »

Weeb McTrash killed all the big rusty and Helde knights, then he died to that stupid drake near the gate/lever to the Old Dragonslayer bossfight, making him tonight's biggest (and very irritated) loser.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21031 on: January 28, 2019, 07:15:59 am »

Tried running from some fully armored knight. I'm out of Estus and literally one hit away from death from anything. What I thought was the way forward was actually a cliff.

Silicoid Queen ate one of my worlds. It wasn't until after the defense stations were nommed that I realized the planet itself was firing at the Queen and could probably have targeted her swarmlings instead.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21032 on: January 28, 2019, 08:11:03 am »

The Queen isn't that tough once her swarm is dead, well she is DN sized and durable but her only weapons are in her head and that can be shot off. If she has killed the colony then she won't be there anymore, a hive will be there instead which is weaker and unlike the hives spawned at the start of the game destroying it won't throw out a princess (who has photonic torpedoes she fires from her mouth which can be removed).

Any point defence weapons are good against the swarm.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21033 on: January 28, 2019, 08:38:14 am »

Weeb McTrash killed all the big rusty and Helde knights, then he died to that stupid drake near the gate/lever to the Old Dragonslayer bossfight, making him tonight's biggest (and very irritated) loser.
You might know this already, but avoid going up the stairs where the last spear knight hangs out so you don't wake up the drake. With a full stamina meter you can sprint over to where the drake is before it wakes up and wail on it while it's trying to fry you. The fight is pretty easy after that because IIRC it only uses stomp attacks at that point.
Black lives matter.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21034 on: January 28, 2019, 09:01:04 am »

I remember it also having a tail spin attack thing, that could knock you off the platform? Could be wrong tho, it's been ages since I played 2.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21035 on: January 28, 2019, 09:03:29 am »

I believe it does too, but it goes down so quickly to the same "hug its foot, dodge stomps, continuously wail on it" strategy that works on the Last Giant that the tail shouldn't be an issue.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21036 on: January 28, 2019, 10:23:23 am »

The Queen isn't that tough once her swarm is dead, well she is DN sized and durable but her only weapons are in her head and that can be shot off. If she has killed the colony then she won't be there anymore, a hive will be there instead which is weaker and unlike the hives spawned at the start of the game destroying it won't throw out a princess (who has photonic torpedoes she fires from her mouth which can be removed).

Any point defence weapons are good against the swarm.

Managed to pull off a few attacks on hives. For some reason, the ship designer defaults to sticking as many missiles as possible. While that's pretty good at nuking the hive within seconds(and the princess if she spawns), it's little help against the swarm. Even dedicated PD ships can't seem to hit them. Granted, once the hive(and princess) are dead, the swarm disappears at the end of battle.

I did retake the planet the silicoids attacked, fended off another silicoid attack, and now the Hivers are coming to call. What is it about this planet that makes all the damned bugs want it?

Separately from that, some Von Neumann ships came across a colony fleet. I set the encounter to "auto-resolve peacefully"(which almost always just gets you killed like "auto-resolve combat")... and then I get the message that the colony fleet destroyed the VNs. Eep.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21037 on: January 29, 2019, 05:12:37 am »

Not quite a death but a failure.

Trying to capture a Jyurantodus.  Over chat "Anyone got any traps for capture?"
Me: "Yea I got 2."  I place a shock trap.
*Monster is not interested in hitting the trap*
Someone manages to stun the monster, so I run up and place a pit trap right under it should be guaranteed.

Until a goddamned Barroth charges in out of nowhere, somehow hits the trap first, and is caught in the pit trap, wasting it.  We try and lure the giant mudskipper into the shock trap, and waddaya know the goddamn barroth decides to run into that first too.  "wtf barroth"

Noone else has any traps or trap kits.  The quest does not necessarily require a capture, but it was a failure in our minds.

Monster Hunter world
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21038 on: January 29, 2019, 06:02:56 am »

You might know this already, but avoid going up the stairs where the last spear knight hangs out so you don't wake up the drake. With a full stamina meter you can sprint over to where the drake is before it wakes up and wail on it while it's trying to fry you. The fight is pretty easy after that because IIRC it only uses stomp attacks at that point.

Akshully, I died from the attack where the drake jumps up and flies in the air in one place, then releases a flame attack.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21039 on: January 29, 2019, 09:42:22 am »

I'd geared up pretty decently, but decided to visit the city of Six Day Stilt to really get ready for the adventures I knew were coming. I knew it to be full of merchants, as well as many strange creatures/animated doorways the Mechanimists had converted to their religion. Luckily those strange creatures are all friendly as long as you're not hostile towards them/their faction. I also managed to find some better weapons. Then I found a shack where several converts were hanging out, including a large mushroom who greeted me by throwing spores all over me and its allies. I got back out before I died, the rest did not (although the killed the mushroom before dying in the cloud of deadly spores). As I left the city, I received the message: "You have contracted fickle gill in your left arm."

So now I had a difficult-to-cure fungal infection that shoots spores all over if I get hit in combat, trying to infect me further and everyone else as well. I did the only reasonable (well, not really) thing, and headed to the ape village of Kyakukya, looking for the cure even though I wasn't ready for the journey yet. Further fungal infection would reduce my ability to wear armor and wield weapons, so I needed to get there before things got dire. Not surprisingly, I got lost in the jungle on the way there. And some goatfolk found me. I ran, occasionally thrown forward by the explosions from their sower's seeds, and may have escaped if I hadn't run into a group of Napthaali tribesmen looking for a hunt.

Caves of Qud.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21040 on: January 29, 2019, 10:39:49 pm »

I had fought mummies and screamers before, taken some hits but nothing too threatening. So when I encountered a whole crowd of them I figured it was NBD.

Big mistake. A few misclicks and my party got smashed to pieces, necessitating a long, confusing march back to the Altar of Revival way back on the previous level.

Dungeon Master.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21041 on: January 29, 2019, 10:54:18 pm »

That’s an old-ass game, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21042 on: January 29, 2019, 11:23:10 pm »

I'm reading the CRPG Addict blog, which has inspired me to play a bunch of crusty old RPGs. I have a new respect for Ultima but I'm still not sold on Dungeon Master.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21043 on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:28 pm »

Shot in the back multiple times.

Alien: Isolation.

I've played through the game completely at least 3 times that I recall, but the first time you go up against the hostile humans in the lounge with the engines on display, it always feels like a noob check mixed with a difficulty spike.  I can't remember how many times I died there on my first time playing the game.

This time it was because I just didn't want to kill anyone.  Had I been prepared to do that I could have clocked one of the guys and made a run for it without any trouble, but since I didn't, I died 4 or 5 times there.  Once I even survived on my way past them, only for the woman with them to follow me through the door and shoot me in the face while I was admiring the pretty debris floating past the window.  :(
Through pain, I find wisdom.

red_squirrel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21044 on: January 30, 2019, 03:19:00 am »

I was playing an RPG on my mobile phone and boss with higher level killed me. I had to wait for 5 minutes to revive myself and continue playing. Unfortunately, I went to drink some water and my brother wasted all in-game money I've collected to play immediately and become killed again. I was very angry at him.  >:(
Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 ... 1575