Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1393 1394 [1395] 1396 1397 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376236 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20910 on: December 16, 2018, 04:13:41 pm »

Can't you just reset the vehicle to your farm? Or did they remove that in this edition?

I think you can but that takes money.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20911 on: December 17, 2018, 04:03:57 am »

So I had the match basically won with a bunch of heavy hitting effects on the board.
- Ral, Izzet Viceroy's emblem allowing me to do 4 damage to any target and draw 2 cards whenever I cast an instant or sorcery
- Jaya Ballard's emblem allowing me to cast instants/sorceries from the graveyard
- Thousand Year Storm allowing me to copy each instant/sorcery for each time I cast a previous instant/sorcery
- ...and a whole bunch of instants/sorceries and the mana to cast them.

I wanted to use the instant "Shock" last (deal 2 damage) to make maximum use of Thousand Year Storm's effect but since I had removed all my opponent's non-land permanents from the board, I used some draw spells to build up TYS and trigger Ral's emblem, and after my library was fully drawn I finally cast shock to take my opponent down to -2 life. That should have given me victory, except...

I was of the understanding that I'd only lose on drawing out my library at the beginning of my next draw step... but I misunderstood the ruling, apparently I lose upon being forced to draw from an empty library at any time (I had to draw due to Ral's emblem).

... so because I tried to draw from an empty library at the same moment my opponent went to -2, the game decided to end the match in a draw.

-_-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20912 on: December 17, 2018, 12:21:21 pm »

Tested out the newly released character, Asha. Realized a little too late that I have completely forgotten the game's basic controls, let alone wild-guessing the controls of a new character. Realization came as I was falling off the stage to my doom.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20913 on: December 17, 2018, 04:48:38 pm »

deactivating sprint drops you to a walking pace. Even after hitting a jump pad, over lava.  Being on fire makes it difficult to accurately double-jump for a ledge you can reach. Flash step, and Mines are both helpful things to use at a moment's notice, for different situations. connection terminated

Black Ice.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #20914 on: December 19, 2018, 08:36:35 pm »

I was attempting the Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces as a squishy lvl 1 wizard type. I got close to the shrine just within the Ghostgate but I was swarmed by cliffracers and a corprus beast. I can't fight them all at once with my current gear and stats, so I use an ALMSIVI intervention scroll to teleport me to the tribunal shrine inside Ghostgate. I leave the building with low health and no magicka, and get attacked by a cliffracer. With careful maneuvering and drawing of aggro, I reach the shrine...

...Only to realize I forgot to take a bloody soulgem with me.

Then I was murdered by a cliffracer.

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20915 on: December 19, 2018, 10:49:53 pm »

I was attempting the Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces as a squishy lvl 1 wizard type. I got close to the shrine just within the Ghostgate but I was swarmed by cliffracers and a corprus beast. I can't fight them all at once with my current gear and stats, so I use an ALMSIVI intervention scroll to teleport me to the tribunal shrine inside Ghostgate. I leave the building with low health and no magicka, and get attacked by a cliffracer. With careful maneuvering and drawing of aggro, I reach the shrine...

...Only to realize I forgot to take a bloody soulgem with me.

Then I was murdered by a cliffracer.

Spoiler: Ah, the memories (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20916 on: December 19, 2018, 10:57:27 pm »

"Sir, pirates keep raiding our supply ships!"
"Issue the men mininuke mortars.  At least two, but up to half the crew is fine."
"But... most of the combat takes places within our hulls..."
"Do it!"

*months later*
Me:  Nice, another zupply ship full of chickensh*ts who won't fire their weapons!  Free nukez!
Random Osiron Asshole Standing Alone in the Desert Sand With A Mortar: "HEADS UP, BITCHES"

I was lulled into a false an actually quite reasonable sense of security.
RIP two proud pirate ladies, and the potential of 6 green recruits, as the screen filled with nuclear fire.

X-Piratez
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20919 on: December 21, 2018, 07:54:32 am »

Finally got my first SS rank today (92.7% accuracy). Song was Feel Invincible by Skillet on expert difficulty.
Why in the die thread? Today was patchday and high score uploads for custom songs don't work  :'(

Dying inside is still dying

Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Hotfire90

« Reply #20920 on: December 21, 2018, 09:59:44 am »

Very narrowly missed the grab on the moving platform.

Victory Edit: Bounced off one more time and then got it on my next attempt.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:05:15 am by Hotfire90 »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20921 on: December 23, 2018, 12:55:42 am »

Everybody but me was knocked offstage by an item explosion.  I jumped off stage myself and positioned ivysaur directly above the other fighters.  Down aerial.  2 fighters meteored and die.

I feel awesome.  Time to get back onstage.   Up Special.
I'm facing the wrong way...
and it's too late to switch to char and try a recovery....

Super Smash Bros Ultimate online play
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20922 on: December 23, 2018, 02:19:21 am »

i executed and bargained so much with the immortal syndicate that its getting out of hand.

most of them are getting 3 rank, which means they nuke me if i don't get a summon to tank.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20923 on: December 23, 2018, 07:24:54 pm »

Found a tiny little cave... with a Mesmer and about 10 Crashfish. The stasis rifle does't seem to effect the Crashfish. The worst part is, this cave is one of the "safest" regions of the game, literally less than half a kilometer from my start point.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20924 on: December 23, 2018, 07:36:21 pm »

Yeah, crashfish are... Well, they are what they are. The "Safe Shallows" are really only safe on the shallow end. God I hate those things...

Try and make your way out towards the Grassy Plateaus (red seagrass). Fewer crashfish, and the sharks are just the derpiest little bastards that you can't even really get mad at them when they try to eat you. You do have to be careful when zooming around in the seamoth though, as sometimes you'll fly through one of the wreck structures before it loads in, and it'll trap the seamoth inside the physical mesh... Which is a pain to remedy, I gotta say.

Pages: 1 ... 1393 1394 [1395] 1396 1397 ... 1575