Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376296 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20880 on: November 28, 2018, 08:35:23 pm »

There's differences in equipment between flagships and supports. Supports cannot use shields for example, or some weapon types. There's also differences in the way weapons are handled. Beams are used well on supports fighting enemy supports due to poor armor penetration and high power use(which supports need not worry about).

As for spamming flagships, the Destroyer chassis is exactly for that - significant reduction in mass, improvements in armor, 500% health increase, but cannot use supports at all. Inversely, there's the Carrier chassis, which has vastly improved support fleet capacity, but no weapons.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20881 on: November 29, 2018, 01:15:21 am »

I played a spawn of satan (with the usual awesome stats), survived getting bubonic plague at least three times, maybe four as a kid, only to be struck down a few years into his reign ‘clutching at his chest’ from what I can only assume to be some sort of heart ailment which cropped up sometime in his youth. I kind of mentally facedesked because I got struck down by mundane mortal disease when the character is effectively a demigod.

Crusader Kings II

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20882 on: November 29, 2018, 06:46:34 am »

I believe you'll find that the real reason was the birth of the Christmas tradition.

Bombarded by the joyful gift-giving and the twinkling laughter of children, he started to feel.

There was nothing we could do to save him.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20883 on: November 29, 2018, 08:16:26 am »

His heart grew three times that day.  Sadly, with the state of medical knowledge in the era, his cardiomegaly was not treatable.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20884 on: November 29, 2018, 02:39:54 pm »

Y'all make me laugh.

---

I underestimated my skills when some O'Driscolls ambushed me. I tried fighting them with a shotgun when I should have used my repeater or pistols at that range, with the lack of cover, and that many of them. I'm usually impossibly badass though.

RDR2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20885 on: November 29, 2018, 03:54:13 pm »

@ Culise and Kagus: Yeah, heh, I was like 'Survived the freaking Black Death plage at least three times* only to be struck down by a heart attack in his prime'

*A bit offtopic, I thought there was some sort of disease immunity mechanic in CKII? Seemed like he should have gotten immunity after at least the second time.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20886 on: November 29, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »

@ Culise and Kagus: Yeah, heh, I was like 'Survived the freaking Black Death plague at least three times* only to be struck down by a heart attack in his prime'

*A bit offtopic, I thought there was some sort of disease immunity mechanic in CKII? Seemed like he should have gotten immunity after at least the second time.
Despite what you may have heard, not all blacks are alike.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20887 on: November 29, 2018, 04:07:59 pm »

?

If you mean not all black death plagues are alike, I was talking about the big one.

Otherwise, I think you jumped the shark there with whatever joke you were trying to make :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20888 on: November 29, 2018, 04:35:27 pm »

Actually, my tired brain was thinking of two different characters last night, one which did die young from a heart attack and the current character who is a spawn of satan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20889 on: November 29, 2018, 05:17:06 pm »

Was attempting to capture Suicune, one of several attempts to do so. Was feeling good about this run, got Suicune's HP down to a single pixel, and several capture attempts had two shakes before breaking out.

Then the battery in my 3DS dies. Again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Accidentally shot a pink plort into the Rock/Tabby largo pen. Mass murder Hilarity ensued.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:14:48 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20890 on: November 30, 2018, 03:55:47 pm »

FPS death
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20891 on: November 30, 2018, 04:09:43 pm »

Got a double whammy here.

1) Can't survive as a Zoroastrian under the Caliph without resorting to cheats thanks to constant title revocation.

2) Used cheats to survive, later the game decided that a certain thing, no idea what mind, would cause the game to crash. Repeatedly. And I can't get around it, whatever it is.

Convert to Sunni and secretly adopt Zoroastrianism. Eat the Caliphate from the inside like an alien and horrifically burst through its chest at dinner. You could also, assuming you have the latest DLC, antagonize the highest liege in your realm until you become rivals and murder them in combat until children inherit, eventually resulting in a decadence revolt. That’s dicey though.

Fakeedit: assuming I’m thinking of the same game. Pretty sure though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20892 on: November 30, 2018, 06:58:50 pm »

Got nibbled to death by rats* and Lesser Australian House Centipedes after a bookshelf flew into my face.

*not actually rats

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20893 on: December 02, 2018, 04:44:18 pm »

A wolf showed up. I asked myself(and selected the option labeled thusly), "What's the worst the wolf can do?"

Well, let me tell you about the this wolf. It's bigger than a cow, and can rip one apart in two strikes. It has three times as much HP than I do. So, when I tried to challenge it to single combat, it nearly did to me what it did to the cow. After running away, I tried to sic my peasants, but one who was ahead of the group almost died. As I charged with the mob, the wolf singled me out of the crowd and ripped my throat out.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #20894 on: December 04, 2018, 07:48:14 am »

The Pope has excommunicated me, so I go ahead and declare a repentance.

Literally a week later...

"The Pope Douchenozzle LXIX has excommunicated Queen Eleanor of Italy!"

And the worst part? The Pope has a "Wicked priest" trait, meaning he's been exposed as a sinful asshole. What a cunt.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 1575