Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376421 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20820 on: November 01, 2018, 05:28:57 am »

Was slapping around the first gym trainer in Ecruteak Gym...

...then the battery in my 3DS died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What the hell kind of name even is Ecruteak? Like yeah, sure, "Welcome to our town, Pucebirch. Just down the road thataway, you'll find our neighbors in Ochrebocote. Just make sure you stick to the main road though, so you don't end up in Taupeanigre."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20821 on: November 01, 2018, 05:35:15 am »

Ecru is a color, teak is a tree. That's the naming theme of Johto: color-plant.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20822 on: November 01, 2018, 06:06:35 am »

Ecru is a color, teak is a tree. That's the naming theme of Johto: color-plant.
That's also the naming theme of all the examples I provided.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20823 on: November 01, 2018, 07:53:48 am »

"Blackthorn" is still edgy and weird, particularly as home of the "holy" dragons.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20824 on: November 01, 2018, 07:58:12 am »

Would be a good name for a shady mercenary company, though.

My own death:

Three peasants and one gal is not a viable team setup when the three peasants all die in the first turn.

Also:

I have no idea how to play M.U.L.E. without ending up dead last every single time. It's kind of frustrating. I'm playing using Planet M.U.L.E. by the way, so if anyone has any advice, do tell, please.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:04:23 am by AzyWng »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #20825 on: November 01, 2018, 02:29:02 pm »

I almost started to strangle myself IRL from rage: All I wanted is simply to vassalize fucking Byzantium, but FUCK THAT SHITLOAD OF FUCK, CUZ THE GAME HAS DECIDED THAT BYZANTIUM SHOULD TAKE MY FORTS IN 6 MONTHS, WHILE MY ARMIES HAD TO BESIEGE CONSTANTINOPLE FOR 3 YEARS STRAIGHT BEFORE FINALLY TAKING IT! FUCK THIS BULLSHIT: FUCK IT! FUCK IT! FUCK IT! FUCK IT! FUCK IT! FUCK IT! FUCK IT, ALL DOWN TO THE SATAN'S SHITTING ROOM!

Europa Motherfucking Universalis 4
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20826 on: November 01, 2018, 02:41:39 pm »

Or even for a dark action-platformer from the mid 90's! With some minor adjustments, perhaps... Like an "e" on the end, for example. 'Twas the olden days, after all!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20827 on: November 06, 2018, 03:19:06 pm »

Trying to figure this game out. Heard an alarm, "Unauthorized lift access". Somehow the AI snuck a single trooperbot right into my office. Game only lasted 7 minutes.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20828 on: November 07, 2018, 02:01:34 am »

Decided to do something deliberately stupid and attacked the very first people who I met. At this point, I had a machete and a pistol with less than one magazine. I had no armor. I got shot.

Sprinted around and stepped on a landmine.

Got shot on a number of occasions. The most recent occasion was when I decided to stroll into Neozi territory (Basically Neo-Nazis who hate mutants and such) and ran into some character named "Fuhrer". While I was able to sneakly approach him (even after making him shoot down the door), a few throwing knives made him charge straight at me, and in a few seconds my character was dead.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20829 on: November 07, 2018, 08:15:02 am »

this sounds like an interesting game, where can I obtain it?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20830 on: November 07, 2018, 09:41:16 am »

This is the place.

The games still in development with a whole slew of features to be added. Currently, though, you have guns, people to shoot/stab/beat over the head/talk to, land mines to blunder into, loot to pick up, and a main quest to follow.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20831 on: November 07, 2018, 10:50:06 am »

It halfway is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKQo6uuV6uk

Edit: I should remember to scroll down before trying to be snarky  8)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:52:30 am by Sartain »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20832 on: November 07, 2018, 05:11:38 pm »

Not my death but I was trying to recruit a pirate from a recent raid.  Sadly he went berserk in the prison.

Ok I'll just have my melee go in there and attack just once, just enough to get them back unconcious from blood loss again, and I'll just patch them back up, I got plenty of medicine.

Ok Friends-with-Moon, be very very careful.

...Good job Moon.

Rimworld

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20833 on: November 08, 2018, 11:26:13 am »

Will, my expert blacksmith, got very upset once and decided to kill our animals.  My melee expert arrested him cut off his leg, but only after he had killed a dog.  Because I didn't have a hospital ready to install a bionic leg, Will was out of commission for 3 days.  The moment he got out of bed, his wife of 5 years divorced him.  Turns out, it was her dog.

Later, he got upset (the last straw was "his wife Amanu divorced him") and decided to smash our TV.  Our expensive megascreen TV that we can't replace on our own.  He managed to do this before anyone could get to him to stop him.  This was a red flag, and I should have banished him while I had the chance, but I valued his blacksmithing skills too much.

A month later, Will was working late in the workshop with Ramon, our artist.  Will got upset (the last straw was "his wife Amanu divorced him"), and went berserk.  Maybe Ramon said something.  Regardless, by the time my melee fighters had dropped their weapons and made their way to the workshop to beat him down, he had already killed Ramon by smashing his torso with a uranium mace.  We successfully arrested him with no further injuries, but this was an unforgivable crime.  The next morning the colony executed Will for murder.  After all the shit he pulled, no one really cared.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 1575