Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376497 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20805 on: October 27, 2018, 03:25:52 pm »

I bought M2:TW because it was on sale at humble and I didn't have Kingdoms yet. Installed Europa Barbarorum 2, hoping it wouldn't crash as often as EB1. Started a new campaign as the Carthagians, attacked the barbarians in Sicily. After a confused start I managed a heroic victory (note to self: more cavalry to run enemies down).
The game crashes while transitioning to the campaign map.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20806 on: October 27, 2018, 03:32:04 pm »

If you go get the Third Age mod, you will realize that it is better than the OG game by 1286.254 kilometers.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20807 on: October 27, 2018, 04:08:57 pm »

Will do. I've wanted to try it for a while now.

I still want EB2 to not crash on me though. :D

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20808 on: October 27, 2018, 04:51:09 pm »

Make sure your Steam install is NOT in C:/Programs or C:/Programs(x86). Then try running Large Address Aware on the Kingdoms executable, to allow it to draw more than 2 gigabytes of RAM.

The first one is essential, the second one merely kills almost every single crash experienced by M2:TW or any mod thereof.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20809 on: October 27, 2018, 05:17:07 pm »

My favorite playthrough of that game was as England, and I conquered Europe too quickly and failed to consolidate. After stopping the Mongols dead in a stalemate at the eastern borders of Poland, my occupied territories began to revolt. I'd had to empty most of my cities of garrison troops to provide enough reinforcements to stop the Mongols.

At any rate I had no chance of actually retaining and holding those territories, so as a fit of spite strategic move I simply sold each and every improvement in all cities in danger of revolt, effectively creating a second dark age. Then I swept back across Europe and took everything back as the newly "victorious" rebels were struggling to deal with the smoking ruins they had liberated.

That was also the game where 36 consecutive popes met with unfortunate accidents, and Thomas the Killer simply happened to be present in Rome for all of those events. On vacation. He just really likes Rome you guys. Luckily the last remaining Cardinal, a British fellow, managed to buck the trend of accidental Pope deaths.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20810 on: October 27, 2018, 06:14:58 pm »

Make sure your Steam install is NOT in C:/Programs or C:/Programs(x86). Then try running Large Address Aware on the Kingdoms executable, to allow it to draw more than 2 gigabytes of RAM.

The first one is essential, the second one merely kills almost every single crash experienced by M2:TW or any mod thereof.

Thanks.
I'll try the 2nd one. I never install in C:/Programs or C:/Programs(x86) I changed the default steam folder, so it is not the 1st ones fault.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20811 on: October 28, 2018, 03:43:55 am »

I went a little overboard taking out a pirate siege.  I lit their mortars (and everything else) on fire with a shotgun blast of incendiary mortars, used a psychic lance to force them to kill their doomsday rocket guy, then rained explosive shells and sniper shots on them while they attempted to assault.  From there it was a bit of buckshot and they all ran away.  A recent recruit of mine armed with a uranium mace chased after the (fairly wounded) pirates.  Now normally maces, even heavy ones like uranium, just wound people.  This guy wasn't even my best at melee, but for some reason every time he hit someone he both killed them and entirely destroyed one of their limbs.  Right at the map edge he chased a pirate who looked like he was going to get away...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Plot twist: one of my colonists was married to that pirate.  Oops...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20812 on: October 28, 2018, 04:22:14 am »

BTW there is a button in the bottom right corner which condenses the stockpile list into collapsible categories which should prevent it going off the screen.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #20813 on: October 28, 2018, 08:13:33 pm »

Not a death (no such thing in this game), but I accidentally chose option 2, "parties," in Emily is Away Ch. ...4? I think it was 4. Anyway, it led to...things, in Ch.5, that I did not intend.

No save feature. Choices are permanent.

Crap.

I am frantically trying to choose the right dialogue options to undo my mistake.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20814 on: October 28, 2018, 11:32:23 pm »

Damn. I’ve been meaning to play that game. I have it sitting on my hardrive. I just haven’t found the time for it yet. Is it possible you could spoiler stuff or be as vague as possible?

I know I’m asking a lot, but I’d really appreciate it.

Finished my first play through. It's shorter than I imagined. It's a very down to earth story. It isn't dramatic like say DDLC. Ironically, when I made what I considered the *best* choices, I ended up with an ending that eerily reflects my current life circumstances which I find far from ideal. I guess the overall message is not to get stuck to the past. It isn't my job to give Em closure, much in the same way it isn't S's job to give me closure. It think it's good that I got to see a "What if" scenario play out though.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:06:21 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20815 on: October 29, 2018, 01:07:10 am »

I played the Octodad student game (Not to be confused with the game Octodad: Dadliest Catch, which costs money) and had 2 deaths.

The first one was intentional - I wanted to see what the game over sequence was like, so I fiddled around with the makeup in the very first room and...

Well, see, in what I suppose is a representation of Octodad's intense fear of discovery, as the suspicion meter fills up, the music that plays becomes much more distorted.

After you get the game over sequence (Fujimoto catches Octodad and turns him into octopus sushi)... you just get a screen saying "Game over" and the distorted music resumes.

The second was involving Fujimoto's trial, and I got stuck on the indentation in the middle of the living room.

For some reason, the very last level was relatively easy - probably due to the fact the floor was smooth and you can avoid several of the lasers just by moving fast enough.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20816 on: October 29, 2018, 02:29:38 pm »

Yeah, they've really tightened up safeguards against a lot of old tricks used to make the fights easier. It's nothing new, but probably one of the worst is getting so close to defeating whatever it is, and then dawn breaks and the fight automatically cancels...  Bleh.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20817 on: October 30, 2018, 06:14:06 am »

got cocky

walked into a monster zoo.

dungeons of dredmor
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20818 on: October 31, 2018, 05:22:45 pm »

Was slapping around the first gym trainer in Ecruteak Gym...

...then the battery in my 3DS died.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20819 on: November 01, 2018, 04:45:32 am »

Doing the first blacksite mission, always a nail biter, and I've never completed that mission without heavy casualties.  This time I think I'm a little overgeared for it and I hope nothing bad will happen.  The war of the chosen DLC totally gets me some new options that make things so much more reasonable!   I can do this, I never beat vanilla but vanilla content should be so much easier now!

Chosen Assassin: Lol is that hope I hear?  Let me fix that.
Me: Fuuuuuuuu

XCom2: War of the Chosen
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 1575