Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1370 1371 [1372] 1373 1374 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376304 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20565 on: August 17, 2018, 05:17:47 pm »

You're not overboard with mods until you have to scroll to see your full mod list.

Also, you're not running the Anti-Crash mod or the Community Patch. Those may help considerably.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20566 on: August 17, 2018, 05:26:05 pm »

“Overboard with mods” doesn’t happen until the game crashes on launch. Crashes when you think about launching it, even.

I've way overloaded mods before. One time I was in the other room and I mentioned Skyrim, and my computer desk caught cancer. I had to reinstall the desk drivers.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20567 on: August 17, 2018, 05:29:19 pm »

Welp, discovering I wasn't actually running NVSE seems to have settled those "crash on exit" bugs.

Drop-down menu next to the "Launch Fallout: New Vegas" button on Nexus Mod Manager (Yes, I use that and not Mod Organizer, don't lynch me) revealed the option to use NVSE.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20568 on: August 18, 2018, 03:20:03 am »

Ah yeah, considering half the available mods work off of NVSE, it's kinda helpful to have around.

I overloaded Oblivion before, to the point where the game nearly started taking on aspects of a duped raws game of DF. And that was without a mod organizer, so ha ha untangling that mess.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20569 on: August 20, 2018, 04:22:04 pm »

A room before the gunsmith I took a random shot from the last enemy in the room, completely stupidly. I was carrying both the primer and the planar lead, the run specifically focused on that goal(but other than that it was a pretty damn good run).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20570 on: August 20, 2018, 04:27:22 pm »

I touched Bit one too many times.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20571 on: August 20, 2018, 06:08:38 pm »

I touched Bit one too many times.

I just started on this. Trying to sneak about and collect all the armor pieces AND NONE OF THE CHIPS without invoking bit or byte until I have the armor.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20572 on: August 23, 2018, 04:15:57 am »

My internet dropped on day 4.
I think we were losing anyway 'cause most of the mafia was dumb and died easily, but still.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20573 on: August 23, 2018, 04:43:25 am »

Can't seem to win on Delta Territories against the AI. Not helping is somehow never getting access to a tank more than once for some reason.

Can't seem to ever win on Seton's Clutch either. Last match, they managed to rush T3 bombers that kept going for my commander, laughing off all the AA fire I was throwing up at them. Before that, I don't know which faction(maybe Seraphim?), but they get T1 gunships which are complete bullshit.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20574 on: August 23, 2018, 04:53:38 am »

Mis-understood how trading crashed starships worked and spent about 10 million units on a fighter I didn't need and now can't get rid of.  That cost me significantly more than an actual ingame death would have.

See I thought I had to take the starship to my freighter and trade it out for a ship that does not have broken components.  Which makes sense yea and that could indeed be a way to do it.  But I neglected to TRADE the broken ship for the new one.  And instead bought the fighter straight up for units.  And to top it off the fighter while valued 3 times higher, is outperformed by my current fighter simply because it's higher rank.  All the new one has is more inventory slots.

So now I have 3 ships.  My actual A rank fighter the one I'm actually using, a B rank fighter with good inventory space but crap everything else, and a broken down hauler that's only functioning part is a (crappy)shield addon attached to a completely broken and nonfunctional shield. It's like the pickup truck in the front yard on cinderblocks that has a little tree air freshener hanging off the broken rear view mirror. I don't even know how my crew got that thing IN the freighter, because it is completely incapable of movement.   And every single useless additional ship I add to my collection makes it slower to buy new ships because there is less place for random trader ships to park, and it's currently impossible to just get rid of them.

No Man's Sky
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20575 on: August 23, 2018, 10:49:42 am »

Completed Dead Monkey Money. This qualifies as an own, sure, ‘cause the final boss has bullet-hell damage with his Gauss cannon (I think? Was some energy weapon rifle) while he has Mega Man level health,  and while some of the elements were interesting (having to Dead Space the Ghost people seemed both easy and interesting, though I usually did it easily courtesy of follow-up shots and a bear trap fist) the radios and speakers...

They scared me, but they also pissed me off immensely. I shot the one in the bunker where you activate the DLC. I also headcanoned that Elijah was just failing to acknowledge his incompetence when he blamed the “Old-World Tech” for causing the bomb collars to activate. Like DSP, only with radios and he has a weapon and mad ambition.

Also, Blood Sausage and Thin Red Paste proved surprisingly ineffective healing items in combat, even though a mod of mine caused them to be affected by Survival like other foods.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20576 on: August 23, 2018, 11:21:10 am »

Honestly, my first time through, I just hid behind the door and snuck around him. Considering the fact that I was carrying ALL of the gold bars at the time, this was a somewhat nerve-wracking experience, especially with trying to out-smart the game (which didn't work too well... If memory serves, I ended up needing to be *less* effective at my sneakery for things to work out). No fight, just gotta try and book it while your pockets are jingle-jangle-jinglin'.

I then saved, and promptly reloaded the treasure vault save so I could cap the old fart in the back of his head.

I think my most memorable experience from Dead Money, though, was when I was dicking around with the melee weapons despite technically being a guns build (eyyy, max INT FO:NV. Totally balanced, man!). Was fighting a ghost person in VATS with my newly-constructed knife spear, and was marveling at how the Mauler special attack seems to be a direct upgrade with absolutely no downsides (some of the melee weapons are like this, others are quite the opposite. BALANCE), so I queued up a couple and went to town on Ghostie.

What happened was absolutely glorious. So, the Mauler attack has a chance to knock down an opponent... Except in this case, "knock down" apparently means "flip that poor bastard directly into the air" and the ghost person got launched. While he was somersaulting in slow motion, the next mauler attack in queue came up, and my character did the 360 blender spin that the attack requires. On his way to completing the attack though, the timing matched up perfectly so that the ghost person was juuust flipping completely upside-down, and the knife spear blade, swinging at chest height, cleanly sliced the ghost's head off.

I've wanted to do a full-on melee build ever since.

Oh, also, Them's Good Eatin' is a waste of a perk in my opinion... You completely buy out traders with salvaged gunk, you're a "half-canninbal" without the game actually acknowledging it, and the only way of turning them into decent healing meds is to use the somewhat limited mutant cave fungus. And the base items don't even fill up your hunger! It's equal parts worthless, overpowered and just plain dumb, which doesn't sit well with me. Many mistakes were made on my first playthrough, heh.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20577 on: August 23, 2018, 11:26:44 am »

Welp, hiding that holoparasite injector instead of spacing it was a bad idea. Someone collected my fingerprints from it and security ambushed me in Escape after I fulfilled my objectives.

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20578 on: August 23, 2018, 11:28:29 am »

Welp, hiding that holoparasite injector instead of spacing it was a bad idea. Someone collected my fingerprints from it and security ambushed me in Escape after I fulfilled my objectives.

Blame it on the miners. Always blame it on the miners. They've always done something.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20579 on: August 23, 2018, 11:38:13 am »

Blame it on the miners. Always blame it on the miners. They've always done something.
I hid it in a crate in maint, though. So more like "Always blame it on the maint-diving assistants.".
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 1370 1371 [1372] 1373 1374 ... 1575