Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376312 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20175 on: March 29, 2018, 06:13:22 am »

My game crashed once I accidentally clicked on Ages tab (the current age was the Age of Information). C'mon, all I wanted is to spread some cheeseburgers and democracy!

Europa Universalis 4: Extended Timeline mod.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20176 on: March 30, 2018, 04:39:01 pm »

Had a few staging issues with a new rocket but just about escaped atmosphere, on the wrong orbit. Needed a polar one for the payload satellite, ah well lets send it out of kerbin orbit aaannnddd straight into the mun. Whoops. Brought the manned rocket around to deorbit, entered upper atmosphere at mach 7-8.5. Used the last of my fuel to slow down a lot and managed to survive reentry. Landing would have been much better if it was solid land though, I didn't try a landing with engine and fuel tank still attached for nothing, lost the poodle and fuel tank on impact with the water which also caused the legs and fins to float around as wreckage, then I broke a solar panel with Bob's head.

Technically the only death was an unmanned probe but it should have gone better, at least the rocket didn't do what most of my previous heavy designs did i.e. flying cartwheels into the ground explosively.

Kerbal Space Program
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20177 on: March 31, 2018, 04:59:37 pm »

About to get in a fight for the life of my game really, outnumbered by over 1k, but my guy has a martial stat of 29, so I was hoping that I'd do well out of it.

The game chooses 11 days prior to the arrival of the enemy army to conclude that immortality quest, which kills my character.

Thanks game!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Decided not to let that setback get me down, surrendered the war 'cause no chance I was bringing it back.

Went on for a bit, expanded in a different direction just to get some troops to take back my ancestral homeland, declared war. Close run battle, but I won the first big one. Besieged a castle, and a city for good measure.

Decided then to take out the army of my enemy once and for all, and attacked them.

My martial 13 general got utterly caned by a level 0 faceless man on the left flank, and the centre and right followed soon after. Happy fucking days.

Not particularly fair that the enemy gets reinforcements in my territory but I don't in their territory, either.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:06:23 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20178 on: March 31, 2018, 10:59:01 pm »

Many, many times when competing the game, often within seconds and with very little time to react other than to remind myself “You should try a different route next time.”

Upon starting a new game plus, I added the modifiers “Hall of Mirrors”, “Multi-Missle Barrage”, “I am the LAW”, “World’s Most Wanted”, and “Small Items”.

I got killed by the person who should be Corporal Collins and the security bot on the docks.

I had to try again, removing a few modifiers before I made it past the docks and onto the island proper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20179 on: April 01, 2018, 12:05:04 am »

so you could say you had to revise your choice of modifiers?
Black lives matter.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20180 on: April 01, 2018, 09:22:06 am »

so you could say you had to revise your choice of modifiers?

It's about 9:20 right now and your joke just made the rest of my day.

Thank you.

Now, time to go around shooting look-alikes in the head since the only way to deal with them is to kill them first...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20181 on: April 02, 2018, 07:53:52 pm »

Took an icicle to the face, dying so hard the game crashed.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20182 on: April 04, 2018, 11:15:09 am »

Clawed myself to pieces because I thought I could sell a spooky artifact for cash - I should have trusted my movie-sense and ejected it into space!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20183 on: April 06, 2018, 07:26:04 pm »

Ran out of bullets trying to snipe a turret's weak point. There were two down there, but I wanted to be able to take out one. I couldn't, so I had to try and sneak it.

Just as I managed to get halfway, grabbing a couple of bullets and tape #9(of 11), both turrets suddenly locked on me and opened fire instantly(normally they give you a second). This is also a game were you die in one shot.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #20184 on: April 07, 2018, 04:06:27 am »

Turns out the final boss starts with a boss rush of the most annoying ones in the game. After much frustration, I'd managed to beat the last one, but somehow I took damage with no more Retries after landing the final blow. Alas, I have yet to even fight the actual final boss...

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20185 on: April 07, 2018, 06:03:29 pm »

Shot to death by archers, because I haven't played this in a while and forgot the controls.

Shadow of Mordor

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #20186 on: April 07, 2018, 07:30:24 pm »

After I performed surprisingly well for the first 10 rounds, we ended up with a Valley map focused on grass. I haven't driven one of those before, so I'm not used to the drifting physics and always get slowdowns at the landing of a certain jump. I end up last, ranking 14th. Still much better than expected!
Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20187 on: April 08, 2018, 02:33:39 pm »

Vermintide is pretty fun, until it throws a rat ogre at you. Plus a squad of stormvermin. Plus a regular swarm. Plus a hookrat. At the same time. In a wide open field where all of those considerable numbers can bear down on you from all sides. Then it just gets frustrating. Shoddy partner AI that likes to get stuck on random twigs doesn't help.

Maybe "fun" is the wrong word.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #20188 on: April 08, 2018, 02:40:56 pm »

Vermintide is pretty fun, until it throws a rat ogre at you. Plus a squad of stormvermin. Plus a regular swarm. Plus a hookrat. At the same time. In a wide open field where all of those considerable numbers can bear down on you from all sides. Then it just gets frustrating. Shoddy partner AI that likes to get stuck on random twigs doesn't help.

Maybe "fun" is the wrong word.

See, that's where it gets most fun. I got a heroic deed for Vermintide II which changes all the random wandering rats into upgraded form (Stormvermin, Chaos Warriors, Berserkers, etc), me and my main gaming friend tried that mission probably twenty times before we actually got through- because every single moment was at the edge between getting overwhelmed and breaking their line.

That, and the AI aren't equipped to handle tactics of any kind.

So, many, deaths- but worth it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20189 on: April 08, 2018, 03:58:53 pm »

Well, you have fun with that. I just wiped three times in a row, either to AI failures or sheer weight of rats, and I'm not really feeling it. Can't even get better gear because I keep dying.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 1575