Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2378806 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20145 on: March 23, 2018, 06:35:26 pm »

Well assuming he posted in the correct thread...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20146 on: March 23, 2018, 07:21:49 pm »

We did all die in Nebraska, yes.

However, I used the experience to better plan my next bacon quest, and this time noone died and we made it to Oregon. This was because we brought lots of valuables to trade for more bacon along the way. Science can now record that it is possible via evidence of simulation to traverse the united states in a Conestoga wagon over 5 months and live off of bacon, hard liquor, and fresh bear.

We only caught scurvy about 20 times, and never ran out of liquor. A ridiculous number of animals died along the way so maybe it's still topical?

Anyway TL;DR we all died the first go because apparently eating extra bacon with your whiskey does not provide resistance to frostbite.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20147 on: March 23, 2018, 08:18:53 pm »

Figured out how to exploit more items from the town stores in OREGON TRAIL II.
Tell.Me.The. See-cret (reference btw, but seriously, how did you do that?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20148 on: March 24, 2018, 02:18:24 pm »

Turns out that in the first town only you can buy 800lb of bacon/30 gallons of whiskey, go walk down the street and back, and their inventory will be refreshed. Does not seem to work in other towns.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20149 on: March 24, 2018, 08:13:01 pm »

Design idea: A fairly small cruise missile capable of delivering a cluster-explosive load. The warhead component is constructed from and advanced cannon capable of loading 91 236x903mm high-explosive rounds(GP-casing,HE,HE,Inertial fuse), plus one extra shell loaded in the cannon as the detonator. Upon reaching close enough to the target, the cannon fires at its own Ammunition Ejector(Backwards) which is the nose of the missile. Destroying the ejector causes every single shell in all the autoloaders and ammo racks to launch from the ejector.

That is the part that works. Even test firing it while stationary, most of the entire missile survived besides the ejector, which also leaves me with an idea for a massive, expensive shotgun.

What didn't work was the thrusters. I've done it before, using a turret with a jet engine which guides the missile to its target. But for some reason, this missile decided to keep pointing the engines backwards, even after replacing the turrets facing the other way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20150 on: March 24, 2018, 09:49:16 pm »

I start a pre-warp game as the Silicoids. I explore. I build defensive stations at the warp points in my home system. I find some habitable worlds that look fairly nice. I build a small military force and send it off to destroy some nearby pirate bases. With my core territory looking reasonable secure, I start work on a colony vessel.

That's when some sort of portal opens up in deep space, just a single turn's move away from my home system. Out of the portal comes an Antaran battlefleet, which immediately beelines for my virtually defenseless homeworld. Fuck.

Master of Orion
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20151 on: March 25, 2018, 08:17:08 am »

The Galatians returned for another round of attacks on my depleted army in Side. This time they defeated me, albeit with heavy losses.

TWR2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20152 on: March 26, 2018, 01:33:29 am »

Failed a Durathread factory mission again. This time it also involved a soldier setting herself and her friend on fire. The pyromaniac was the sole survivor.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20153 on: March 26, 2018, 06:32:37 am »

Started a new game, it gives me a crappy 3-planet system with poor worlds. Start a new game, it gives me a system with one planet that's inside the star.

EDIT: Did it two more times in a row. Definitely a bug.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20154 on: March 26, 2018, 09:33:18 am »

Started a new game, it gives me a crappy 3-planet system with poor worlds. Start a new game, it gives me a system with one planet that's inside the star.

EDIT: Did it two more times in a row. Definitely a bug.

Instadeath due to bug on start is the worst.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20155 on: March 26, 2018, 09:47:02 am »

I didn't actually die there. I simply had a single planet that was hard to select without zooming into the center of the star. The fact I had a single-planet star system in a game where every star with planets has 2-6 in nearly every case was the bigger problem. Having a 2- or 3-piss-poor-planet start is bad enough, since it really slows your early game development.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20156 on: March 26, 2018, 09:52:37 am »

Still, inside a star. It's one thing to be at the mercy of the RNG and another to be completely shafted by a bug.

Absolutely terrible start locations happen sometimes. Like for example, in Factorio, it's possible for your character to spawn on a one tile piece of land surrounded by water. It's rare, but it does happen.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:15:32 am by smjjames »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20157 on: March 26, 2018, 12:17:43 pm »

I tried to kill an orc. They're easy to kill. Just shoot them a bunch then dodge when they wind up for a hit. Instead of just killing the orc, however, I dove off of the island to my death about four times.

It was probably the half a bottle of brandy I had just consumed. Yes, no way I could be a terrible gamer.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20158 on: March 26, 2018, 12:21:51 pm »

First base defense mission after completing the story, told myself bah its gonna be easy. Start the fight take out my bow... realize i forgot to restock on ammo.... rush nack to base while wanderer is bashing my defense... out of resource turn around unleash my last arrows, take my shotgun out use my last 3 rounds of 12gauge, bomber blow up next to my digger just before 2 rounds of mortar lands on top of it. reloaded the game and im still scavenging to refill my stock of ammo. Geezzz its a chore to scavenge for ammo.

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20159 on: March 26, 2018, 12:41:48 pm »

As Holland in 1420s, I needed only Friesland to complete Netherlands. As it happened I got a mission that granted me a core upon Friesland, and Friesland was only allied to far-away Austria who haven't had any ports yet (early in game, Aquileia hasn't been conquered yet) and wasn't even Emperor, so I DoW'd Friesland for easy conquest.

What I have failed to notice that Austria was allied to third of the whole damn Europe, and soon I was fighting Friesland, Austria, England, France, Portugal, The Hansa, Milan, at least 4 different HRE minors in Germant and that's before Denmark and Naples joined in for God knows what reason.

Suffice to say, I've witnessed s quite a few naval landings. Goddammit.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 1575