Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376355 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19830 on: December 05, 2017, 12:53:47 pm »

Savaged by a wolf while my friends were off picking berries or some shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19831 on: December 05, 2017, 01:05:14 pm »

tried the mugan i linked in the fighting games thread, got my ass handed to me by skullomania! SKULLOOOOOMANNNIAAAAaaa

also

was harvesting some iron when a rhino decided it didn't like me and knocked me off a small 2 foot drop which took 80% of my health. fuck rhinos.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19832 on: December 05, 2017, 09:34:48 pm »

The slight step up onto Jack O'Malley's bed that you can crawl-walk onto is still apparently a high enough jump to trigger the several explosive mines around the room. I learned this the hard way.

Guy's a kinky bastard, I'll give you that.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:30:07 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19833 on: December 06, 2017, 01:15:43 am »

I once played Dishonored through with the imposed challenge of killing everyone I could. Anyone who says that high chaos is an undue punishment are wrong, because that's a very fun way to play.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19834 on: December 06, 2017, 05:19:02 am »

Found a unique weapon and liked it so much I didn't have any other weapons on my bar.   I was exploring the bottom of an ocean planet looking for a fishman city.  Thanks to either being an argonian with frakin races installed or an epp, I didn't have to worry about air so I was just kinda holding left while watching tv and occasionally jumping.

I didn't know hostile fish were even a thing.  But I hear the damage noise and switch to my weapon to fight the hostile sushi, and discover there is a distinct disadvantage to a flamethrower as a sole weapon.  I died while  hastily trying to find another weapon in my inventory.

Modded Starbound
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19835 on: December 06, 2017, 11:44:31 am »

Fighting a boss, get my 2 pet killed, finish him with 0 hp. Use heal on myself, a wizard turn the a corner and magic missile me....

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19836 on: December 06, 2017, 12:49:49 pm »

Went into battle with only a Pineco. Whoops!

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19837 on: December 06, 2017, 02:08:15 pm »

You have been paralyzed.

You feel somewhat irritated.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19838 on: December 06, 2017, 07:27:34 pm »

I read this as DF until I saw the last word and honestly nothing changed when I realized.
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19839 on: December 06, 2017, 08:45:07 pm »

My miner (also a decent shot) and my animal handler are off with all my elephants mining a mineral deposit.  Then what should happen but a ship part full of angry robots falls right in front of my front-door sandbag bunker.  I build more sand bags around the part itself in preparation for attacking it and pissing them off.  Then, I decided to get clever, and place improved EMP mines around the ship.

Apparently the developers thought of that.

Three humanoid robots emerge from the wreck, and a single "caterpillar" heavy robot armed with an incendiary rocket launcher.  One of the humanoid robots emerges right next to the colonist who was placing the mine and slices him to bits in seconds.  Two more colonists are on the wrong side of my bunker, and jump behind the sandbags they were building.  At first it looked like they were putting up a good fight but I'd never gone against the incendiary launcher at such close range before and its accuracy surprises me.  The caterpillar lights both of them on fire with indirect hits, causing them to walk out of cover and become downed.

Meanwhile, everyone in the colony has been scrambling to the front door to join the fight.  There's only one safe part of bunker accessible to them, the guy who gets there first lays down LMG fire and almost takes out a bot but then is lit on fire.  Someone puts him out and takes his place, and then HE gets lit on fire too.  Rescuing those two is looking dubious, much less the ones outside.  For the first and probably last time I sorely regret not building firefoam mortar shells.  Desperate, I tell my brain damaged* gardener to break down a section of the perimeter wall in order to save the downed soldiers outside.

At this point one of my mortar auxillaries manages to land an EMP shell on 3/4 of the robots.  The rest of my troops sally forth into the open and spray the remaining bot (which is behind a sandbag) with assault rifles at close range.  The plan was to down it quickly but the stupid thing had other ideas and stayed up despite being a mass of bullet holes.  The other bots start waking up from the EMP and I decide to cut my losses, grab the surviving downed guy (the other had burned to death) and pull back into the orchard near the front gates.  However, the gardener was exposed in the open cutting the hole in the wall so I couldn't retreat further until she was safe.  I call everyone, even the untrained, to grab rifles and get to the orchard.  Even my mediocre melee fighter missing her left hand I give a revolver and put her on the front line.  Even this doesn't seem to be enough and the caterpillar moves into position to light the orchard on fire.  I have my negotiator jump on the comms console and tell the nearby offworlders "yo, I know its midnight, but here's a bunch of money.  Save our butts!"

Unfortunately, the allied fighter AI... leaves something to be desired, and doesn't really help.  The gardener finally manages to open a hole and rescue the only stranded soldier who's still alive.  Meanwhile my best fighter was shot in the head by a charge lance and a couple other colonists were killed.  Somehow the orchard defense turns things around.  With everyone in the entrance dead or evacuated my mortars switch to explosive rounds.  A miracle happens and they begin landing dead on shots for the first time in their lives.  The two robots that we had already wounded are both downed.  Then the caterpiller decides to light my allies on fire and they *finally* decide that's their cue to attack.  They bum rush the robots in melee (really bad idea) and then open fire indiscriminately into the whole mess of them.  Unable to help without hitting them, my colonists just kind of watch, dumbfounded by the lack of respect for human life on display.

In the end the only medic left standing is... my gardener.  But even with brain damage, she's a damn good medic; she once managed to resuscitate someone from a heart attack using herbal medicine.  She bandages the worst casualties.  Unfortunately this has been a really, really bad day (the alien ship is psychically making my colonists unhappy, plus she was friends with some of the deceased) and she flips out and starts punching a vitals monitor in anger.  One of the casualties is a mediocre medic and still healthy enough to walk, so he starts bandaging people.  The janitor is down so the the hospital is full of blood.  The 3 people inside get, between them, 6 infected wounds.  At this point I throw up my hands and have the medic toss a few people in cryopods and then put himself on ice.  Miraculously, when the gardener calms down she manages to see to all of their infections.  She did so well treating their wounds, in fact, that there's no significant lasting wounds from the fight.

Unforunately, 6 colonists are dead.  Out of 18.  And two of them are long-timers, one was a quick-learner and an original colonist who was good at almost everything.  I think I can keep the situation together in spite of that.  Usually my colonists take the bunker as one and fight enemies who trickle in, not the other way around.  Without that disadvantage even my current deficit of good shooters shouldn't be crippling.

*its not an insult, a while back she was literally shot in the back of the head
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:53:20 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19840 on: December 06, 2017, 09:41:24 pm »

What game is that

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19841 on: December 06, 2017, 09:42:05 pm »

RimWorld

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19843 on: December 07, 2017, 06:01:23 am »

Started dogfighting an enemy plane. I managed to score a critical hit, causing an oil leak(a death sentence if they can't make to an airfield in time, most don't bother in AB). They managed to do the same to me, also causing a fuel leak as well. Broke away from them, and started fighting other planes. Killed at least two. Then I came up against the guy who shot me who was in a new plane, suggesting someone else finished him off. Shot him down.

My engine failed and I hit someone else as I was gliding. I turned to try to take one more with me, only for my intended target to cause a fuel explosion(leaking fuel increases chance of this by the way). My flaming wreck smashed into his cockpit. I might have died, but damned if I didn't go down swinging.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19844 on: December 07, 2017, 01:18:34 pm »

You have been paralyzed.

You feel somewhat irritated.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

And this is why Altmer are the best race.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 1575