Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376515 times)

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19800 on: November 27, 2017, 03:02:55 am »

Sooo, decided to install a few mods for Witcher 3. After screwing up the merges for the fifth time, just decided to get Witcher 3 EE, which looked like exactly what I wanted.

I get in, after reading it was unleveled. Even the player. So I of course decide to make my first target the noonwraith at the well, because I figured it would be a good test of my reflexes and how well I could handle the new combat mechanics, and even on death march in the default game at starting level I could generally take it with a bit of effort. Cue death montage.

Eventually I turn on enemy health bars. And determine that even the most progress I had made, would likely have been between a quarter and half of it's health. And that while I likely could beat the wraith in a reasonable amount of time. It would be a task that required perfection as every hit taken reduces stamina regen. Something that is super important in EE. And the wraiths hits at current shaved off about 40% of my health. Which basically means 40% slower stamina regen. Gonna reload to a save before I alchemied up wraith fighting gear and go around doing the usual witcher 3 stuff.

On the other hand, however, I did accomplish my goal of shaking the rust off, and getting more in tune with the whole dealey doodle the mod has going on. Which is basically about controlled aggression with adjusting the range of your attacks.

The time before this was the fist fight outside the inn, which was where I really realized I needed to absolutely shake the rust off. Because I kept getting launched onto the roof from physics glitches with failed counters.

Witcher 3 with EE, ImmersiveCam and Quest Objectives on Map Full Version.

EDIT: Oh Vesemir, it'd be nice if I could carry this crossbow without it making me go overweight. So that I could y'know do the fancy ballet dodges that a witcher fighting a griffin might require. Ah well, gonna have to just fat roll through the fight and let vesemir take care of most of it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:04:52 am by Dakorma »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: November 28, 2017, 03:18:19 am »

A friend bought me a fighting game.  Street fighter 5.  I played it with them for awhile and I seemed to have the basics.   I figured since I was apparently beastly according to some old guildies and a few bay 12ers back in my Scarlet Weather Rhapsody days and they are both side view fighting games, what's the harm in some random online?  Sure they are different games but at least some translates.

It did not translate.  At all.  People were doing shit I didn't even know was possible.  There was one match where I didn't even land a hit.  Not one.

Street Fighter 5

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19802 on: November 28, 2017, 10:44:37 am »

A friend bought me a fighting game.  Street fighter 5.  I played it with them for awhile and I seemed to have the basics.   I figured since I was apparently beastly according to some old guildies and a few bay 12ers back in my Scarlet Weather Rhapsody days and they are both side view fighting games, what's the harm in some random online?  Sure they are different games but at least some translates.

It did not translate.  At all.  People were doing shit I didn't even know was possible.  There was one match where I didn't even land a hit.  Not one.

Street Fighter 5
Any chance they were all just hackers?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: November 28, 2017, 10:54:37 am »

go rainbow mika. combo your highs and lows. spam the grapple button and try to get your super off.

*edit: welp i just got slapped in the nads by my competitors. i wasn't paying attention to the selling price of honey in lyons but still sent my cart to unload a shipment there. turns out it was flooded and the 1000 or so gold i was expecting went pftttttt.

the guild 2 renaissance, with the megamodpack by faljeth (i think thats how you spell it)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:20:47 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19804 on: November 29, 2017, 06:41:44 am »

For the lulz, I decided to spawn in as a ground attack plane. Bear in mind I've never even looked at a plane in this game before, not even in the editor. I handled it actually pretty well, since I was able to do a few passes with the 30mm cannon, and even dropped a couple of bombs that hit the intended target, all without even looking at the controls.

Decided to eject. As I sailed gracefully to the ground, every enemy on the ground decided to open fire on me.

...Maybe that's a hint I should buy the Laws of War DLC. Because that is a war crime.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: November 29, 2017, 06:55:53 am »

Why, just why, did I take on a cyclops as a bard?

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: November 29, 2017, 05:35:20 pm »

Why, just why, did I take on a cyclops as a bard?

...I read that as you recruiting a cyclops to be a bard.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: November 29, 2017, 07:17:52 pm »

"You want...practice...me?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay... boss."

*Reaches to grab lute. Accidentally bludgeons you to death.*

".....Boss?"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: November 29, 2017, 08:06:08 pm »

Tried to copy the launch vehicle that Raiden uses at the end of Metal Gear: Rising to reach the final mission area.

Tried.

To be fair, it's not too bad of a copy. And it flies! ...Sort of. So far I've managed to get it to go a little over 100m/s at 100m over sea level for a minute or two before it starts rolling out of control. And that was also after removing half the fuel and figuring out that one of the air engine types I used has a "wet" mode which increases thrust force at the expense of fuel consumption.

All in all, considering what I was doing and the shape I was working with, that it didn't explode on the runway(just on the small patch of grass between the runway and the sea) should be considered a small victory.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: November 29, 2017, 09:41:54 pm »

Tried to rescue one of Egan_BW's characters.

Unfortunately, rather than hop out of a breached area, I kept trying to dock my pod with the breach. The breach was made in a manner that made two or three other docking points.

My ship kept docking with those and not the point I expected.

I had ten seconds left. Panicking, I threw both my character and the rescue target out of the airlock.

When I was trying to pilot my ship out to pick the two up, the pod passed in front of a sensor for just too long. In between the time taken with the repair minigame and my subsequent panic, the target's oxygen timer ran out.

If you're reading this, Egan_BW, I"m sorry, but one of your characters (I can't remember his/her/its name) is now dead, for good.

Tonight, we drink. To them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: November 29, 2017, 09:43:54 pm »

It is sad, but not unexpected.
Don't feel bad, I die loads.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: November 29, 2017, 11:12:02 pm »

It is sad, but not unexpected.
Don't feel bad, I die loads.
It was inevitable.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19812 on: November 30, 2017, 01:49:04 am »

Tried to rescue one of Egan_BW's characters.
[...

Wait is this a multiplayer game? :C
I've had eyes on that but not the funds for it. And I blame y'all, and more, for getting me hyped! D:< (If it is multiplayer, I can't ever do that)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: November 30, 2017, 01:50:59 am »

Not multiplayer but in the very loosest sense. You can find things from players on your friends list.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: November 30, 2017, 05:26:20 am »

I believe the term is asynchronous multiplayer? But yeah, it's like if someone on your Steam friends list dies or something, you might get a mission to go save the character and then you get to use that character... so I've heard, I haven't played it yet myself. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1575