Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376717 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19710 on: October 19, 2017, 07:04:56 pm »

Heavily underestimated the danger of a Corrupt Mimic. Did not know they can jump higher than the screen height. The low light provided almost entirely by lava pools wasn't really helping. Actually it's not the Mimic that killed me, it was a demon that crawled up from Hell just a few dozen feet below that actually got me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

chill dude but ive been in his room and saw a lifesize miku hatsune and i've never quite come back from that.

2D or 3D?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: October 19, 2017, 07:12:16 pm »

chill dude but ive been in his room and saw a lifesize miku hatsune and i've never quite come back from that.

2D or 3D?

both, 2d in one of those fathead wall poster things? where its just the character cut in an outline without the extra poster around it. and the 3d was a fullsize body pillow.

i didn't look in the closet but i'd expect to see a full size doll at this point.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: October 20, 2017, 08:07:40 pm »

Sudden appearance of the Destroyer. I had no preparations save for the sky bunker I had built specifically for the battle prior to Hardmode and what I was carrying. Worse, another stupid death just before it actually spawned really put a stop to any thought of preparation(that I assumed the death would stop it from appearing did not help). It had already awoken and was chasing me as I was climbing the rope to the sky bunker.

Actually, the fight was going very well, given that I had a Queen Spider Staff, Godly Magic Dagger, and a full set of Adamantite armor(magic helmet). The bunker was at the perfect height that the Destroyer was still in view but could not reach me. I had gotten it to about half health when I popped a Restoration Potion I was carrying to recharge, since it hadn't launched any probes for awhile I could restore MP with.

Then a Wyvern shows up. Strictly speaking, it wasn't the Wyvern that killed me. I had one second left on the potion sickness, and also one hitpoint, when I died to bullshit-grade fall damage, despite in no way falling fast enough to trigger fall damage.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19713 on: October 20, 2017, 08:12:22 pm »

If you want to dodge Mechanical Boss fights, save & quit after the warning message appears. Or just get really deep underground; once I got a warning about Skeletron Prime spawning while I was deep in the Caverns layer, but I stayed down there and he never showed up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: October 20, 2017, 08:35:46 pm »

To be honest, I was trying for a Destroyer fight, it just caught me at a rather bad moment. I'd figured I go for it anyway.

EDIT: Sent my best spy, Juran Besky, to a legendary pirate faction on a year-long mission to steal their territory map. Now, this guy is awesome. He has an Espionage skill of over +50%. I named my largest capital ship design after him, since he stole the Large Scale Construction tech that allowed me to build it that big from the nearby Saprilla Technocracy. I was expecting him to be able to pinpoint the Sol Marauder's main base, so I could send five fleets of warships(over 150 total ships) to remove it from existence. Success rate was around 90%.

At the end of that year, not only did he fail, he was revealed to be a double-agent.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:45:54 am by Akura »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: October 22, 2017, 04:16:35 am »

@Akura: What on gods green terrarium did you do to take fall damage while in hardmode? wings are real easy to get, and any horseshoe item negates it.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: October 22, 2017, 05:12:43 am »

Attempted to play Persia.

Not as easy as everyone makes it out to be, it turns out. Especially when you justify a war, DoW a country, and find out that you cannot enforce the demand because it's not actually present on the demand list for SOME FUCKING REASON.

Victoria 2

EDIT: Oh yeah, my population's been permanently in decline for the past 5 years, too. I keep getting the smallpox event. A month after the last one finishes another one pops up to start ruining my population.

It's fucking absurd.
Did you call in a power greater than yourself to the war? They may have stolen it from you and will now enforce their own will, which hopefully coincides with yours.

Also, mass population removal is a normal part of Persia. I had an enormous Communist revolution just a year after Communism became available, even though some sixty percent of my pops were liberal. I spent the next decades massacring Jacobins until I managed to build a secret police and suppress their militias out of existence. I have the impression that some hundreds of thousands, possibly millions may have died.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: October 22, 2017, 06:37:50 pm »

Ultramarines+Imperial Guard against Black Legion+Dark Eldar for whatever reason. The bulk of my main force got drawn away and then caught in a pincer, costing me the two heroes(Force Commander and Chief Librarian) I had leading them, but survived because one end of the pincer was static turrets and the other got pincered from their backsides. Even so, as I was rebuilding the force, I saw a huge swarm of mostly Dark Eldar smashing through whatever the Imperial Guard was fielding. They had some kind of siege walker unit, can't remember the name but ripped apart the Ultramarines as I ordered over 4 dozen Brothers Battle to open fire on it. Eventually killed it, but that was just the wavefront of the storm. Hundreds more were already charging forward.

Then the game crashed.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: October 22, 2017, 10:10:08 pm »

The herd of war elephants I captured wasn't enough to save my fort from the massive outbreak of wereelk-ism that occurred two years later.

RIP Flingspittles, population 0, formerly population 141

Dwarf Fortress

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: October 22, 2017, 10:52:21 pm »

The herd of war elephants I captured wasn't enough to save my fort from the massive outbreak of wereelk-ism that occurred two years later.

RIP Flingspittles, population 0, formerly population 141

Dwarf Fortress

Yeah, I had a similar population crash after a human werehyena appeared, infected a dwarf, who rampaged and infected two others and killed about 20, the last two of which were finally put down by a brave ranger holding the were back with his crossbow while the two legendary miners mined the were's head. Went from 130 to 26, but the fort's recovered to 217 since.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: October 23, 2017, 08:02:57 am »

Whoopsie, wrong thread.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: October 23, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »

I was playing as tunnel man, trying a Hell run. I got the Hedjet, and then I got the kappala in the ice realm. I had only one health, so I decided to try to collect the blood of some yetis. Yeah, they tossed me off the world.

Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19722 on: October 23, 2017, 01:40:01 pm »

getting my shit slapped by everyone and their mothers.

i fucking love piranha bytes games, i loved gothic 1 and 2, and even 3 (with the community patch of course)
loved risen 1.

this may sound like frustration but its really masochistic pleasure grunting.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: October 23, 2017, 03:20:28 pm »

I ran into a few entropy weavers behind a bunch of enemies so I blinked away and tried to run. Unfortunately corrosion kept piling up (to -72 or so) because they ran as fast as I did so I tried to summon a few demons with Mahkleb. Even though each only had a 25% of being hostile, both attacked me as soon as they were summoned and I was torn apart by an executioner.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: October 25, 2017, 02:47:58 pm »

Decided to do Mystery Heroes for box wins.  Way more losses then wins.  I noticed that your teammates/enemies do not really change between matches. 
After a yuge lose streak, I started to look at the names of people.  Yea.  Leaving and rejoining gives you a whole new set of people at least.  Some of the reoccurring enemies were just dominating us/teamwork with the particular set of people just ain't clicking.

On the otherside, I've managed to raise my Elimination/Death ratio above 1:1 with Reinhardt in competition mode, somehow.  ...  I should fuck around and do that with Battle Mercy too.

Overwatch
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 1575