Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376686 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19470 on: July 17, 2017, 01:24:17 pm »

I never was good at megaman games.  But I love making levels.  So I got Mega maker.  Spent a good 2 hours making a megaman level created with love and care.  It's probably somewhat easy compared to what others have created but it's mine.   I go to upload and it tells me I need to beat the level first to prove it's beatable.

....I can't beat my own level.  Not because of shinanigans no.  But because I'm so godawful at megaman games I can't beat bog standard bomb man.

Mega Maker

You introduced me to this rad game, if it makes you feel any better.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19471 on: July 17, 2017, 02:14:34 pm »

I had a mission to free a slave.  Problem: I'm a gorilla.  I can't talk to the slaver to buy the slave, I can't use any clever methods to free the slave, and the way the mission area was set up was horrible for stealthily killing the slavers.  Oh, and I'm playing with the time limit mutation and there's only a minute thirty left.  My only advantage is that I have 3 allied gorillas following me, and they'll help me fight the slavers.  What I decide to do is punch the slave to make them angry and fail the mission.  If I try to fight it out openly there's a 95% chance the slave dies in the fighting anyway, so at least this way they get to live.

I do that, but the slavers see me and chase me back to my gorilla posse.  For whatever reason, I don't know if it was just a reflex or if I was trying to get them to follow me and pressed the wrong button, but I clicked on my gorilla buddy as I was running past.  This causes me to punch him.  You do reduced damage to allies so 3 damage is done and gorilla buddy doesn't mind.  However, things start happening very quickly.

1.  A cop sees me punch my buddy, and attacks me because I broke the law.
2.  The cop hits me.  To defend me, the same gorilla buddy I punched hits the cop, also hitting me and knocking us both towards a slaver.
3.  The slaver use uses an axe to smash both me and the cop through a fucking wall.  The cop he hit dies.
4.  This reveals another cop with a baton, who smacks me back towards the melee.
5.  The cops, slavers, and gorillas are now engaged in a 3 way war.  2 more cops join the melee, one of them has a gun and starts firing at random into the combat.
6.  I'm killed.  Out of sight, the sounds of horrific violence continue unabated for a good half a minute.  I have no idea who won.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19472 on: July 18, 2017, 04:42:49 pm »

Scoped out a checkpoint, only spotted some infantry, a manned tripod .50, and a couple unmanned low-tripod grenade machineguns. Decided to try to run it since I had a pickup full of illegal guns to sell at the harbor. Promptly died in a massive flurry of explosions. As it turned out, those GMGs were unmanned in the sense of 'magically track and fire autonomously' rather than 'not occupied'. RIP

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19473 on: July 18, 2017, 04:48:57 pm »

I had a mission to free a slave.  Problem: I'm a gorilla.  I can't talk to the slaver to buy the slave, I can't use any clever methods to free the slave, and the way the mission area was set up was horrible for stealthily killing the slavers.  Oh, and I'm playing with the time limit mutation and there's only a minute thirty left.  My only advantage is that I have 3 allied gorillas following me, and they'll help me fight the slavers.  What I decide to do is punch the slave to make them angry and fail the mission.  If I try to fight it out openly there's a 95% chance the slave dies in the fighting anyway, so at least this way they get to live.

I do that, but the slavers see me and chase me back to my gorilla posse.  For whatever reason, I don't know if it was just a reflex or if I was trying to get them to follow me and pressed the wrong button, but I clicked on my gorilla buddy as I was running past.  This causes me to punch him.  You do reduced damage to allies so 3 damage is done and gorilla buddy doesn't mind.  However, things start happening very quickly.

1.  A cop sees me punch my buddy, and attacks me because I broke the law.
2.  The cop hits me.  To defend me, the same gorilla buddy I punched hits the cop, also hitting me and knocking us both towards a slaver.
3.  The slaver use uses an axe to smash both me and the cop through a fucking wall.  The cop he hit dies.
4.  This reveals another cop with a baton, who smacks me back towards the melee.
5.  The cops, slavers, and gorillas are now engaged in a 3 way war.  2 more cops join the melee, one of them has a gun and starts firing at random into the combat.
6.  I'm killed.  Out of sight, the sounds of horrific violence continue unabated for a good half a minute.  I have no idea who won.
That sounds pretty awesome.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19474 on: July 19, 2017, 05:23:45 pm »

Killed by a hacking group, shooting my Sunderer through a wall/vehicle shield with a Liberator Tank Buster. I can confirm that vehicle weapons fire cannot go through that particular vehicle gate shield, since I tried to fire on them with my own weapons. Said Tank Buster also overwhelmed my Sunderer Deployment Shield far too quickly.

Seriously, fuck these guys, Russian Airborne Troopers([RuAT]). I've been watching how they play for months. They always gang up on smaller numbers of defenders, while very obviously seeing(and occasionally shooting) through walls. They almost always disappear if more people show up, and often have the nerve to complain when someone does something actually intelligent and pulls a MAX. Just these assholes showing up is enough to make me quit.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19475 on: July 20, 2017, 04:32:32 pm »

Became the king of Finland and ruled over vast lands and territories.

Then my son died, and within a couple of years, I died before I could produce an heir, even though I had taken three concubines (all of whom had a fertility boost of some sort.)

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19476 on: July 20, 2017, 06:22:45 pm »

Legs cut off, murdered. Over, like, ten times now.

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19477 on: July 20, 2017, 08:48:57 pm »

Became the king of Finland and ruled over vast lands and territories.

Then my son died, and within a couple of years, I died before I could produce an heir, even though I had taken three concubines (all of whom had a fertility boost of some sort.)

concubines will create legit heirs.

just ... elect good heirs and suppress bad ones into armies or obscurity.

obulettes do wonders for diplomacy lowering, and diplo is the next strongest thing to holding titles for determining elective title popularity
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19478 on: July 20, 2017, 08:58:21 pm »

Elective gavelkind creates kingdoms to give to your heirs if you have enough land. Regular gavelkind is manageable enough as long as you don't own more than 1 top-tier title for long, but elective gavelkind is a nightmare that gores up your borders and deprives you of hard-earned work. In a difficult area like Finland (which is generally immediately eaten by Vikings whenever you play there and left untouched for centuries if you don't,) the last thing you need is a power struggle.

The idea behind my concubine strategy is to just get one heir from them. It's not costly the way getting married and divorcing your wife is, and it's not immersion-breaking and metagamey like affairs are.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:00:35 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19479 on: July 20, 2017, 09:14:18 pm »

i marry chaste genius women who are attractive first, and for the stats if not.

and i almost always wait until im like 40+ before i marry.

i pick up emergency concubines if i must.

buuut absolute tribal authority is easy enough to get
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:16:12 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19480 on: July 20, 2017, 09:52:56 pm »

buuut absolute tribal authority is easy enough to get
Reforming, however, is not.

You ever play Finland? It's not easy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19481 on: July 20, 2017, 10:45:49 pm »

I'll let you in on a secret

Spoiler: metagaming (click to show/hide)
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19482 on: July 20, 2017, 11:20:21 pm »

I do that already. I've been playing this game for quite a while.

Finland is hard because it's not always possible to get enough prestige and enough land to fight off Vikings (particularly the Jarl of Uppsala) before they're on your doorstep, and the Vikings are more than happy to attack the High Chief of Satakunta very early on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19483 on: July 21, 2017, 10:17:55 am »

Yea Ive noticed that the vikings can expand east well enough, and even south if they get a good king, but they dont do England so well anymore.

that kind of upsets me.  they spend early game fighting each other and finland and sometimes pommerania, and then fighting for saxony.  then they convert and dont even do england.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19484 on: July 21, 2017, 04:13:09 pm »

Decided not to listen to the harvest sprites.  Instead, I packed up my dead grandfather's belongings and left, leaving the entire village to be demolished to make way for a theme park.  Fade to title screen.
I always like BokuMono/Harvest Moon's willingness to say, "well, you don't want to play? Fine." ^_^

Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 1575