Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376740 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19455 on: July 12, 2017, 11:35:30 am »

While I was making my rounds around Mother Base, a soldier approached me enthusiastically, saluting. "Got time for a mock battle, Boss?"

Attempting to satisfy his request, I ran up to him and punched him in the face a single time. He immediately reeled backwards, tumbling over the railing of the platform and onto a catwalk, killing him instantly.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19456 on: July 12, 2017, 12:46:33 pm »

Tip: the only time the CQC throw will push someone over a ledge is if there's no railing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19457 on: July 14, 2017, 02:36:21 pm »

Enclave soldiers in x01 mkvii armor with automatic plasma rifles are firmly on my do not fuck with list. I am only level ten, and after retrying several times and even dropping two mini nukes and a gaggle of grenades on them, I finally called it a retreat. I barely got the one I hit directly to half health.

I just wanted that epic armor at level ten. I would be like a god to raiders.

Fallout 4 with mods
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19458 on: July 14, 2017, 02:50:16 pm »

What is a god to an even bigger, stronger god in a suit of top-of-its-class experimental power armor?
Black lives matter.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19459 on: July 14, 2017, 02:59:07 pm »

I still haven't learned that engaging Panthers and Tigers head-on is not a good idea if you decide not to bring your SPGs into fighting.

One day, tho. One day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19460 on: July 14, 2017, 04:31:38 pm »

Briefing unclear, and the mission gave me an entirely land-based force. The briefing, written in poor English, seemed to indicate I was to engage the Japanese Imperial Navy with my land-based force(they can embark/transform into troopships, and can in fact still attack normally), while the Australian ally and other American ally, both with fleets, were supposed to fight the Japanese land forces.

Again, instructions unclear, and I cleared the land part of the map I started on of Japanese, while the Allied fleets won at sea. There was a Japanese-held island to the northeast, but there was literally no time to possibly assault it(18 turns, victory is supposedly possible in 10). The briefing only mentioned defeating the Japanese navy, and their final ship was sunk on the last turn. Still, I was relieved of command for taking too long.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19461 on: July 14, 2017, 06:30:36 pm »

Got cocky after taking out every vampire settlement bar the capital, so didn't wait for reinforcements. I should have.

Total War: Warhammer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19462 on: July 14, 2017, 11:58:01 pm »

Australia's horrific ecology means all my people can't be fed by dairy.
I can win this, particularly by importing wheat (from where??), but on my first try I sorta doomed my people to starvation.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19463 on: July 15, 2017, 10:47:20 am »

What is a god to an even bigger, stronger god in a suit of top-of-its-class experimental power armor?

Deathclaws.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19464 on: July 15, 2017, 08:03:24 pm »

Spec Ops are pure cancer.

First one(not counting the training one), you have to do one of the story missions, from the bad guys' point of view. Oh, but the enemy has a shitton of AA-12s, automatic shotguns that kill you in two hits and are automatic shotguns. Getting to the guy you're supposed to kidnap is done via breaching sequence followed up immediately by you taking a flashbang to the face while half a dozen guards storm the room. It's almost impossible to dodge the flashbang.

Second one, you're air-dropped onto a Russian submarine to, to quote Overlord, "render safe the charges". Said charges are sticks of thermite planted on top hatch at the front of the sub to cause the reactor to "go nuclear" because that makes sense. Oh, and the second you drop, you come under fire by guys completely concealed by smoke, and they have perfect accuracy while you have no cover whatsoever.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19465 on: July 15, 2017, 08:12:42 pm »

Tried to play a certain game whose name I will give at the very end.

Key word being "tried".

In its current state, it's a mess. The controls are very difficult to understand (Caps Lock for push-to-talk, and you have to hold the button down) and there's nothing resembling a tutorial. Unless you're familiar with Arma 3 you're going to get lost. Hell, even if you're familiar with Arma 3 you're probably still going to get lost anyway.

Once you actually get to running and shooting, you find that it's very difficult to tell your enemies apart from your friends. You mainly have your map to help you with that, but if you're next to an objective marker and that marker covers up your icon (which, by the way, it does if you're trying to capture the objective), you're just going to shoot and hope you don't get a friendly fire message when you kill your target.

Assuming you don't spawn partly stuck in a floor like I did three times.

And also assuming you don't get blown up by a rocket launcher like I did the fourth time, after crawling out under the building...

So my experience with this game is basically "Shitty Insurgency".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19466 on: July 15, 2017, 08:56:11 pm »

after 6 or 7 hours i got stuck attacking the pasty strip of Check land because the game refused to allow me to enter check through hungarian land.  and my romanian ally had access to  it.

so, with limited supplies and roughly even armies i got to assault a coridor of mountains that were several layers thick and 2-3 regions wide.

was a straight up meat grinder.  I lost 36k boys.  my allies lost 15k. they?  lost 313k.

three hundred and thirteen thousand men of conscription age perished making me cry.

but, this is after 8 months of me trying simply to get in.  mil access treaty doesnt allow me to attack from their land.

and, this is after earning 800 xp for killing 200 airplanes over 8 months

gdi, why can't i declare peace on them?  land locked losers.

hearts of iron
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19467 on: July 15, 2017, 10:20:35 pm »

Got shot to death for sticking out a ways.

Got shot while trying to throw a molotov.

Got shot by my own colleagues.

Got shot while trying to aim down sights.

Got shot after missing all of my shots with hipfire.

Got shot by my own gun after I gave the fuck up (not really).

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19468 on: July 16, 2017, 01:51:51 pm »

After destroying some time spider that was mucking up the timestream, I was teleported back to my home "town" only to find it under attack. No problem, the game gives you a huge +5000 health buff so it's easy to defend it.

...except all the mage defenders (which is half of them) use a ray spell that passes through targets... including the player. Since the monster is chasing me, they keep shooting through me to hit it. I'm desperately trying to find a position where they won't shoot through me, but they do 500 - 600 damage a hit so even with the buff I'm quickly killed.

But it gets better! After using one of my extra lives to respawn, it turns out you don't keep the buff. My base health is only ~150, so I'm instantly annihilated again by a "friendly" mage.

I could respawn again but I just give up and start over - losing 2 (out of max 7) lives on the tutorial is just not worth it so I tell the guy to leave me dead and start over.

Tales of Maj'eyal. Partially my own fault because I didn't really expect the friendly fire, or realize that's what was wrecking me till over half my health was gone, but still kind of a wtf.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19469 on: July 16, 2017, 02:53:06 pm »

I never was good at megaman games.  But I love making levels.  So I got Mega maker.  Spent a good 2 hours making a megaman level created with love and care.  It's probably somewhat easy compared to what others have created but it's mine.   I go to upload and it tells me I need to beat the level first to prove it's beatable.

....I can't beat my own level.  Not because of shinanigans no.  But because I'm so godawful at megaman games I can't beat bog standard bomb man.

Mega Maker
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 ... 1575