Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376806 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19395 on: June 24, 2017, 02:36:47 pm »

I lost 4 of my best gals due to a pair of real unlucky missions, one being a mutant pogrom against ratmen and ghouls armed with goddamn tanks and an assault on a trader's guild ship which just happened to be filled to the brim with heavily armored guys (including at least one in power armor) carrying laser weaponry.

Now I have to hire and train more gals cause all the others aren't nearly as experienced.

AUGH

X-piratez mod for openxcom played supermutant (ironman) mode.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19396 on: June 24, 2017, 02:47:46 pm »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954469500

Still not sure which I hate more, rockets or... "echoes?"
At the moment, definitely "echoes" or whatever they're called.  This is the last level of an "episode", too!  There are hundreds of episodes I can (and have) switched to, but I keep going back to this.  4 easy levels, then this.  hrng.

N++
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19397 on: June 24, 2017, 08:35:19 pm »

Not really a death per se. Was sitting at Mekala Auxiliary Compound in my Flash, in a very sweet spot that allowed my scout radar to pick up not only the hostiles in the main building, but also everyone respawning and running back to the main building, all without actually being under threat. Just sitting back and letting the XP roll in like a champ.

Then the game locks up. At first I think my PC is crashing, but then the game abruptly closes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19398 on: June 25, 2017, 02:57:02 am »

Made a bit of an aggressive play, taking my knight and his entourage east to clear the second portal on that side. Killing a portal spawns a retaliatory wave from the enemies, but I'd already cleared two portals and survived their meagre counterattacks, and finishing off this third portal would clear that entire side of the map, allowing me to build as many undefended farms as I wanted over there. With the portal cleared, I turned around and headed back to base.

I'd barely returned home before the counterattack arrived. A bunch of fliers, nothing I couldn't handle, though their numbers were a bit excessive. No worries, a few lucky catapult shots and a couple of losses later, the threat was neutralized.

And then the game decided to send not one, not two, but three building-sized trolls at me. I can kill one of these pretty easily, two if I'm prepared and sacrifice the outer defensive walls. Three of them tore through all my defenses like a hot knife through butter, slaughtering every soldier I had available without a single loss. And since these counterattacks count as a blood moon, even the coming of dawn did not deter the beasts, and of course they care not for my desperate offerings of gold.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19399 on: June 25, 2017, 08:29:09 am »

Saw a damaged-looking mech guarding a room. I figured that with the motley collection of leather gear I had, I could at least check it out and have time to run if it was too dangerous.

When I worked the way around the base to approach it, it was at least a full screen-length away before it's minigun turned me into meat chunks. And it seemed that its spotting range increased slightly after that, making it rather difficult to recover my stuff.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19400 on: June 25, 2017, 08:54:54 am »

Tried the Bat-Antipsychotics on Harvey Dent. He still shot me. I feel like they're only useful when you're too much of a scrub to research the gas mask against the fear toxin.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19401 on: June 25, 2017, 08:31:05 pm »

Killed a bunch of trolls effortlessly. Find their king. How harder than his goons can he be? Answer: very.

Divine Divinity.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19402 on: June 26, 2017, 02:19:54 am »

Titan extreme.  Titan's doing the attack where he makes the outer edges of the platform fall away with a big obvious 'don't stand here or you will die' marker.  One of the healers, apperantly for the lulz, decided to run over to the edge of the platform and use a move called 'rescue' on me.   The move pulls it's target to the healer, intended to pull people out of death.  Naturally since the healer was intentionally standing IN instant death, it did the opposite.

Amount of times I've seen that move used to fuck with people, 3.  Amount of times I've seen the move used legitimately, 0.  Squeenix oughta just rename the spell to 'Troll Pull' and be honest about it.

Final Fantasy 14
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19403 on: June 26, 2017, 02:40:05 am »

I mean, that's either a testament to the skill of your healers, or coincidence.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19404 on: June 26, 2017, 05:16:02 pm »

I forgot (or more accurately, never knew) that Last Spells were a thing. Instead of the stage ending, I got an extra-tough Spell Card that I've never seen before for my trouble. I got hit by Wriggle Nightbug, the most pathetic of pathetic Stage 1 bosses, although getting hit during a Last Spell doesn't actually penalize you.

TH08: Imperishable Night.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19405 on: June 27, 2017, 01:20:56 am »

I'd been doing *so well*, in fact I'm pretty sure I got farther than I ever did back in the day, not counting cheats.

But here in the final campaign, I was expected to fight fellow Protoss.  With a sizeable starting fund, but still.  My "basic" tactic of mass scouts wasn't working against their highly-upgraded scouts, and numerous dreadnoughts dragoons.  But I held back and adjusted!  I formed an additional line of turrets, to delay, and built a decent force of dragoons+zealots to counter.  Two waves of reapers (artillery) approached my line, but I managed to take them out with my air force... losing some scouts in the process, but still.

Then an unexpected mass of heavily-upgraded scouts beelined my defences, decimating my air force.  It was a tough battle, but I had somewhat planned for this- my turrets and dragoons won the day.  I utilized my shield batteries and counterattacked with a mass of fresh zealots with air support, looking to at least take out their turrets, and thus open the way for tactical strikes.

Triple psi-storm took out my entire force in a pair of seconds.
You know...  Previous level (fixed amount of troops, lots of "gotcha" corridors) was BS.  And so is this.
Rage-quit for now.

Edit:  Oh also I was attacked by a single carrier, but it hardly counts.  My scouts knocked it out fast (my turrets did little, of course, since a large part of starcraft's gameplay is that your units are stupid).
I'm not even sure the enemy had the ability to build new carriers.  Maybe not, considering I *definitely* didn't...  Then again, likely so.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:24:02 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19406 on: June 27, 2017, 09:54:59 am »

Is that the one where you get a few dark templars including Zeratul? If so, you can rush the nexus in the lower right corner with your dark templars (and maybe a few zealots thrown in there to draw some fire, but iirc you start with those too) and win in like two minutes. Basically there's a completely clear path to move the templars from your base to the bottom middle of the map and from there to the lower right.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19407 on: June 27, 2017, 09:57:35 am »

Fight against not-quite-Mistral, followed immediately by a fight against not-quite-Monsoon, starting with almost no supplies and health drops only happen during the first fight. The latter has a bullshit invulnerability mode and almost completely unblockable attacks.

Oh, and losing to Monsoon requires you to fight Mistral again.

EDIT: Okay, now Armstrong is the biggest bullshit I've ever seen.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:11:57 pm by Akura »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19408 on: June 27, 2017, 02:47:48 pm »

The last section of that boss fight is incredibly difficult, I musta played it 100 times. Also he's just a giant fucking meme.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19409 on: June 27, 2017, 03:01:00 pm »

Armstrong was hard for me the first time because the game never really taught me how to dodge. When an enemy flashes with a red light, you can party it, but when they flash with a yellow light you have to dodge it. The dodge move must be bought, is unintuitively named "offensive defence", and is used by pressing the jump and light attack buttons at the same time. Using that is the only real way to avoid Armstrong's grab attack.
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 1575