Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376994 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19320 on: June 04, 2017, 05:14:01 am »

Yeah, that mission is total BS.
The tanks aren't that bad; it's actually not that hard to Fulton them if you're close enough to them to avoid the cannon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19321 on: June 04, 2017, 06:20:21 am »

2 hours in to a new settlement.
The longest fucking dry thunderstorm ever happens, before I get to build safety strips (The concrete you lay down around the border of your buildings to slow/stop fire from spreading) and a bunch of alphabeavers go into 'revenge' mode where they mob on everyone because one of them got shot. (which is completely random as to whether they do that or not, almost every time I hunt them they never go into revenge) AT THE SAME TIME. So while my colonists are downed by a bunch of fucking beavers (Doesn't make any sense to me, they all had great melee skill and high-quality steel spears) my settlement is burning down at the same time. Every time one of them tries to get up, the beavers aggro and beat them back down. Repeat until everything is on fire and my colony is dead.

Fuck this game.
Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19322 on: June 04, 2017, 07:10:44 am »

Just so you know, when an animal that arrives in a pack, such as alphabeavers, goes into revenge mode, the entire pack almost always does.

Recent death: same mission as before. I'm on the last wave, I've shot down the chopper, I've got an artillery drop queued right on the last enemy tank, and I'm lining up a shot on the last APC. The second the shot hits(which causes the APC to burn, making it no longer a threat), mission control reports no more enemy reinforcements are showing up. The artillery lands on the tank, destroying it and the burning APC looked like it was caught in the splash(or the burning blew it up).

Then I take a cannon round to the side of the head from a tank that just arrived to the fight.

Next attempt, I call in helo support of my own, but Pequod gets shot down when the tank he's hovering over points its gun straight up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19323 on: June 04, 2017, 08:00:56 am »

I remember that mission as being a total pain in the ass. Also not really worth it to do the mission, though I hear they patched out the consequences of completing it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19324 on: June 04, 2017, 08:12:16 am »

What mission name is this?

In other news:

The Diamond Dog Soldier I was controlling was mauled to death by a bear. Twice.

After several clips of rubber bullets (first try) and tranquilizer darts (second try) were used on the damn thing.

Apparently the adrenaline a bear gets when it gets into a fight allows it to resist just about every form of non-lethal damage or something like that.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19325 on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:25 am »

Just so you know, when an animal that arrives in a pack, such as alphabeavers, goes into revenge mode, the entire pack almost always does.

Recent death: same mission as before. I'm on the last wave, I've shot down the chopper, I've got an artillery drop queued right on the last enemy tank, and I'm lining up a shot on the last APC. The second the shot hits(which causes the APC to burn, making it no longer a threat), mission control reports no more enemy reinforcements are showing up. The artillery lands on the tank, destroying it and the burning APC looked like it was caught in the splash(or the burning blew it up).

Then I take a cannon round to the side of the head from a tank that just arrived to the fight.

Next attempt, I call in helo support of my own, but Pequod gets shot down when the tank he's hovering over points its gun straight up.

If you're buying supply drops, you can probably request a drop of the Grom-11 3*. Go into the development tab for mother base and select the weapon you want.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19326 on: June 04, 2017, 08:32:05 am »

@Azy: It's a late game mission, and I don't want to say any more because stuff happens in it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Twin is right. I seem to remember requisitioning a rocket launcher because I didn't know to take one with me.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19327 on: June 04, 2017, 08:36:43 am »

Regarding bears, they do go down to non-lethal. It took several clips from the NL assault rifle. If not Snake, then I think any DD soldier with the Savage skill can do the running clothesline punch that Snake can do with his bionic arm.

A tranq round should cause sleep damage over time, though with bears that can take a very long time. In my experience, they're a lot more effective than stun rounds.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19328 on: June 04, 2017, 08:46:00 am »

Man, that mission name is not subtle at all.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19329 on: June 04, 2017, 12:37:43 pm »

I mean, in all fairness...

Black lives matter.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19330 on: June 04, 2017, 02:51:24 pm »

the rocket launcher Quiet gives you

So Quiet is being loud?

I mean, I guess she always was loud if you never equipped silencers for her rifles, but all the same...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19331 on: June 04, 2017, 06:40:50 pm »

Spoiler: It's a pun, because (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19332 on: June 05, 2017, 03:35:27 am »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19333 on: June 05, 2017, 04:28:21 am »

The secret boss of the Hanzo campaign is an endurance round. You have to beat the hidden boss five times in a row, that's once with each of the non-secret characters. Said boss throws out dragon punches that can two-shot any character, with almost no warmup. If she touches you, you're pretty much dead already.

Some characters have levelled up more over the course of the game, and some characters are just better. The worst character to control, Hibari, also ended up the lowest level at the end of the game.

I discovered that Hibari is fourth in line to fight the boss. She got nuked the instant I slipped up. The previous fights, each of which were flawless, ended up wasted.

Senran Kagura Burst.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19334 on: June 05, 2017, 12:31:59 pm »

The Terror of Installing Improper Mods
When life gives you lemons bees make lemonade move to siberia.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 ... 1575