Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377277 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19140 on: April 30, 2017, 09:54:22 am »

Fake Death seems like a pretty terrible move even with spam...
It isn't nearly as bad as the other types of spam that existed, but it's still really annoying since they can just sit there and spam the move over and over again, which makes it a total pain in the ass to hit them with anything since they're invincible to everything during the second half of the move and standing too close to them when they do it will result in you getting stunned.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19141 on: April 30, 2017, 04:38:02 pm »

I swear giving a ship a retreat order is suicide.  If so much as an asteroid comes between them and the exit they will come to a full stop in an absolute panic and sit there until whatever it is has passed.

I was retreating from a fight, covering my carrier's retreat in a hammerhead, and the carrier comes to a full stop because one half of a glowing husk of a hound that I blew to kingdom come drifted in front of it, giving time for the enemy destroyers to catch up and do the same to my carrier.  You'd think they would go around, or I dunno, just push past the hunk of drifting metal not even a quarter of it's size instead of coming to a full stop.

Starsector
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19142 on: May 02, 2017, 12:53:04 am »

I tried to defy the tutorial and got shot by a gun roomba for my trouble. At least the game is so compressed and miniaturized that the tutorials themselves are compelled to be mercifully short.

I have no idea why I'm trying to play this. I guess I just have to keep believing that something called Deus Ex must have redeeming qualities somewhere, despite experience to the contrary.

Deus Ex: The Fall. I should just get the Xbox version of Invisible War and play that instead.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19143 on: May 02, 2017, 08:46:28 am »

Have you tried the first game? The one just called "Deus Ex"?

It's not all that bad, and the graphics mean it could probably run even on an Intel graphics card.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19144 on: May 02, 2017, 09:20:01 am »

I uhhh... already played that one. Hence why I'm a fan of the series and looking for more after DE and Human Revolution. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19145 on: May 02, 2017, 11:07:21 am »

Not quite a death, and not quite an own, but I didn't do all that great either...

My very first terror mission takes place in Cape Town or someplace in South Africa (Either the region, the country, or both), and I have my squad move in as usual.

A number of mishaps involving my units being exposed resulted in at least two deaths out of (I think) ten.

An accident involving a civilian I didn't notice standing in front of a soldier as they were trying to shoot a Reaper... Not pretty.

A third accident involved priming a grenade's timer to not explode on impact led to the alien (a Reaper) running away and escaping, allowing it to kill one of my soldiers while the grenade explosion proved ineffectual. Other grenades used during the mission also missed their targets, though I did set the timer to 0 in order to ensure the enemy wouldn't move out of the way of the blast in time.

By the time the screwups were over, all/most of the civilians died and I only had 3 marines soldiers remaining. Two had rifles and one had a cannon.

We were able to complete the mission with just those three.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19146 on: May 02, 2017, 11:17:44 am »

Not quite a death, and not quite an own, but I didn't do all that great either...

My very first terror mission takes place in Cape Town or someplace in South Africa (Either the region, the country, or both), and I have my squad move in as usual.

A number of mishaps involving my units being exposed resulted in at least two deaths out of (I think) ten.

An accident involving a civilian I didn't notice standing in front of a soldier as they were trying to shoot a Reaper... Not pretty.

A third accident involved priming a grenade's timer to not explode on impact led to the alien (a Reaper) running away and escaping, allowing it to kill one of my soldiers while the grenade explosion proved ineffectual. Other grenades used during the mission also missed their targets, though I did set the timer to 0 in order to ensure the enemy wouldn't move out of the way of the blast in time.

By the time the screwups were over, all/most of the civilians died and I only had 3 marines soldiers remaining. Two had rifles and one had a cannon.

We were able to complete the mission with just those three.

Just wait till you see cyberdiscs. On my first terror mission (or at least an early one) I wasn't expecting them to explode and lost 13/14 soldiers by turn 2. My last one was killed by sectoids a few turns later.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:34:20 am by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19147 on: May 02, 2017, 12:28:27 pm »

I'm bad enough at just moving my troops (I kept moving them behind walls and the like), or at gauging how much time units a movement will spend.

Is there any way to help with those?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19148 on: May 02, 2017, 08:43:50 pm »

I died in Dis.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19149 on: May 02, 2017, 10:10:23 pm »

I suck at rhythmic caligraphy.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19150 on: May 03, 2017, 12:28:33 am »

Playing a new character, getting the points of interest in black citadel for some easy to get free xp.  Some of the points of intrest are located in little mini instances in the city.

I forgot that I cannot use my glider in instances and splattered all over the floor when I took a 'shortcut' off a balcony.

Guild Wars 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19151 on: May 05, 2017, 01:01:29 am »

Finally picked up Undertale again.  Was very happy with my first playthrough, but a friend keeps pushing me along a... different path.  A bad time, you could say.
Undyne was scary and pretty badass before, if a bit silly.  Now she's epic, story and mechanics. 

Anyway... reversing arrows.  Even from full health, sometimes.  I just can't So far I'm stymied, but I am determined.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)

I guess the "make enemies stronger/est" bills apply to the item worlds, derp
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19152 on: May 05, 2017, 07:57:44 am »

Disabled mercy invincibility through a secret menu and foolishly tried to beat the game on the highest difficulty. That one miniboss keeps knocking me into electropads that the challenge basically turned into insta-death traps.
BTW, do I get bonus points for having the exact same death 10 times in a row? :P
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19153 on: May 05, 2017, 12:28:03 pm »

I was ambushed by four janitorial buckets that proceeded to become eldritch space horrors and strangle the life out of me.

PREY

Goddamn I love this game. It's like System Shock, Dishonored, and Bioshock had a baby.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19154 on: May 05, 2017, 03:05:58 pm »

Finally picked up Undertale again.  Was very happy with my first playthrough, but a friend keeps pushing me along a... different path.  A bad time, you could say.
Undyne was scary and pretty badass before, if a bit silly.  Now she's epic, story and mechanics. 

Anyway... reversing arrows.  Even from full health, sometimes.  I just can't So far I'm stymied, but I am determined.

The Different Path (tm) is my least favorite path in the game but also my most favorite simply for all of the epic moments in it.

I wanted to say more than this, but I think I'll save it until after you're done to avoid spoilers. Watch out for Mettaton, he's pretty tough :3
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 ... 1575