Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377317 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19110 on: April 22, 2017, 11:36:12 pm »

I accidentally threw my prototype assault rifle off a cliff into lava to pick up a mining laser.  While deadly, the laser is clearly not designed for combat.  Later I got parasited at the nuke while the medic was on a lower platform.

Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop (single player, fortunately)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19111 on: April 23, 2017, 09:13:15 am »

Don't feel too bad. One guy I played with accidentally dropped his armour off of a cliff while picking up a medpack to heal himself with. And then accidentally dropped the medpack off the same cliff before he could use it. I have no idea how he accomplished such a feat, but we all had a good laugh about it. Because the rest of us were dead from infection at the time and were thus spectating him.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19112 on: April 23, 2017, 09:23:34 am »

At least he bothered to pick the thing up in the first place. It always irritates me to see my colleagues pass over something that could help both themselves and, to some extent, the team's medic (usually me).

Though you are starting to make me worry about dropping things in unreachable places...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19113 on: April 23, 2017, 11:15:51 am »

Don't feel too bad. One guy I played with accidentally dropped his armour off of a cliff while picking up a medpack to heal himself with. And then accidentally dropped the medpack off the same cliff before he could use it. I have no idea how he accomplished such a feat, but we all had a good laugh about it. Because the rest of us were dead from infection at the time and were thus spectating him.
One time when I was trying to rush through aliens near the end of a mission, and I saw an assault rifle on the ground.  I assumed it was from a dead guy, but since my secondary was an out of ammo ammo pack, I decide to quickly pick it up.  Cue me accidentally mouse scrolling twice and dropping my vindicator that was mostly full off a cliff.  As you'd expect, the assault rifle only had two and a half clips left.

I get back to the two out of eight surviving squad members, all huddled in a heal beacon being swarmed by aliens.

Medic, punching aliens: "I dropped my gun by accident."

Me: "I have your gun, but I don't have my gun."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19114 on: April 23, 2017, 01:44:48 pm »

I am pretty sure that there are no rised platforms in the Fortress of Ice. Combined with the snow wolves, which disrupt sleep at ridiculous distances and the indestructable ice gollems, it is terrible.

TES I: Arena
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19115 on: April 24, 2017, 01:29:38 am »

T34-85 oneshots my Tiger H1... damn wallet warriors paying for bushes to put on their danks

Keeping in mind I was uptiered so much that three of my teammates were in T29s.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19116 on: April 24, 2017, 08:58:50 am »

damn wallet warriors paying for bushes

What is the name of that game so I can never come within five clicks of playing it ever.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: April 24, 2017, 09:01:30 am »

I have no idea, but given the tanks, I feel this fairly close to appropriate.
Spoiler: Meteor'd (click to show/hide)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19118 on: April 24, 2017, 10:52:27 am »

Pretty sure its world of tanks.  The "bushes" were likely a camouflage. 
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: April 24, 2017, 12:33:53 pm »

Surveying an unexplored black hole system.  I finish surveying a planet and order the survey of another planet on the opposite side of the system and flew into the black hole because I was watching youtube while traveling and not paying attention.

Fortunately the black hole is not instant death.  Unfortunately it does still have gravity, and my battleship was making my entire fleet too slow to move away from the center.  So I ended up treating it as a death and reloaded.  Only later I remembered that I probably could have salvaged the situation by using the emergency burn or sustained burn abilities to boost my top speed and escape, but I'm a derp.

Starsector
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: April 24, 2017, 04:07:33 pm »

For being a "shoddy rust bucket" that I "don't have to worry about," this mandatory pirate combat is really nasty.  I lost twice in rapid succession to it.  I mean, I know I'm rather poor at combat in this game, but even so...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19121 on: April 24, 2017, 04:57:05 pm »

Had a kickass bounty hunter lone wolf ship set up, or so I thought.

Then I went up against a luddic path raider.  They're fanatics with an unusual ship configuration, they use stripped down civilian ships that move very very quickly but are unusually prone to malfunction.  I wasn't quite sure what to make of it when a single ship my same size sped up to me at a massive top speed (I'm used to being the fastest ship around, not so with these guys apparently) spewed low tech machinegun fire everwhere, then suffered a partial engine failure and spun out of control.  Still, I had the guy on the ropes for most of the fight.  Wasn't even damaged, was about to overload his shields and go in for the killing blow.  Unfortunately I missed with my (very high energy cost gun), and went over my own energy capacity.  This would have been fine, as I still had my formidable engines and armor, and his machineguns would have taken about a century to destroy me.

Unfortunately for me, he had mounted a reaper torpedo.  This is a comically oversized, single shot, unguided, slow moving rocket meant to maim capital ships in a single shot.  There was no real reason I shouldn't have been able to dodge this thing.  But, ah, I didn't.  And I was NOT in a capital ship.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19122 on: April 24, 2017, 05:00:59 pm »

For being a "shoddy rust bucket" that I "don't have to worry about," this mandatory pirate combat is really nasty.  I lost twice in rapid succession to it.  I mean, I know I'm rather poor at combat in this game, but even so...

Was the mandatory fight part of a tutorial? I think it-he has something about that at the beginning of this article.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: April 24, 2017, 06:12:06 pm »

The mission to the Nepada System takes an unexpected turn when Captain T'pel of Starfleet is kidnapped, transported to an unknown location. A voice over intercom loudly commands T'Pel to take a rusty, dull bat'leth from the racks haphazardly scattered around. With her disruptor pistol still in hand, our Captain passes the antiques and follows her ghoulish Reman cellmate into the central chamber.

A sandy arena with towering walls of scrap metal appears as synthcarbon doors slide away, then rustily clang shut when T'Pel is barely clear. The voice breaks in over the intercom: "Commencing test number one: Nepadan sand worms..." Hideous creatures the size of T'pel's own body erupt from the sand, prodded by concealed devices that shock them into a frothing rage. As the Reman charges forward, T'pel readies her disruptor...

and it doesn't work

you were supposed to equip a melee weapon, even though you have your entire inventory at your disposal and there was no prompt that anything untoward would happen

On Earth, a Starfleet cadet will be having some words with their supervisor over the quality of the training simulation.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19124 on: April 24, 2017, 08:21:11 pm »

Snorks, and zombies who can shoot surprisingly accurately for people who's brains are literally fried to a crisp. And yes, they're working together.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 1575