Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377233 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18975 on: April 06, 2017, 12:34:25 pm »

It was down to my king and a rook versus a knight, a bishop, and a pawn. I was so fixated in taking my enemy's knight that I let their pawn slip to the other side of the board and become a queen. Needless to say, everything went downhill from there.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18976 on: April 06, 2017, 08:16:56 pm »

The whole Souls series is just so punitive. I decided to try Dark Souls again for the heck of it.

I really really really really hate Blighttown.

Fuck those mosquitoes.

Those godawful mosquitoes.

The upper[Skippable] part of Blighttown is terrible, true. The mosquitoes can be bad depending on your weapon. The Combustion Pyromancy is quite good at dealing with them, since its got just the right hitbox and they're vulnerable to fire. Failing that, rolling quickly is good for just avoiding them.

The thing is, I'm not exactly the best at Dark Souls (I'm absolute trash if you must know) and I'm a knight with a halberd. I've used all of my humanities, all of my throwing knives, and I'm nearly out of arrows. I have no more purple moss, and I can't find the bonfire at the bottom of Blighttown, so I have to start at the top every time.

It's a bad situation, and the walkthroughs don't help.

At least it isn't as hard to learn as DF.

Ouch, yeah, the Halberd is probably the worst weapon ever to use against mosquitoes, speaking from experience. The bonfire at the bottom is at the VERY bottom, in a kind sewery looking place next to a firebug and a lift[Not the one you come down]. Don't know if that helps or if you've gotten that far.

Honestly, I can't give much better advice then that, because I have ALWAYS skipped as much of Blightown as I could with the Master Key starting gift. I just hate it so much.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18977 on: April 06, 2017, 10:36:42 pm »

The whole Souls series is just so punitive. I decided to try Dark Souls again for the heck of it.

I really really really really hate Blighttown.

Fuck those mosquitoes.

Those godawful mosquitoes.

The upper[Skippable] part of Blighttown is terrible, true. The mosquitoes can be bad depending on your weapon. The Combustion Pyromancy is quite good at dealing with them, since its got just the right hitbox and they're vulnerable to fire. Failing that, rolling quickly is good for just avoiding them.

The thing is, I'm not exactly the best at Dark Souls (I'm absolute trash if you must know) and I'm a knight with a halberd. I've used all of my humanities, all of my throwing knives, and I'm nearly out of arrows. I have no more purple moss, and I can't find the bonfire at the bottom of Blighttown, so I have to start at the top every time.

It's a bad situation, and the walkthroughs don't help.

At least it isn't as hard to learn as DF.

Ouch, yeah, the Halberd is probably the worst weapon ever to use against mosquitoes, speaking from experience. The bonfire at the bottom is at the VERY bottom, in a kind sewery looking place next to a firebug and a lift[Not the one you come down]. Don't know if that helps or if you've gotten that far.

Honestly, I can't give much better advice then that, because I have ALWAYS skipped as much of Blightown as I could with the Master Key starting gift. I just hate it so much.

Huh. I get really lost at the bottom, so I can't say that I've found a sewery looking place.

I'll probably switch to Iaito just for the mosquitoes from now on, thanks for the info.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #18978 on: April 07, 2017, 01:41:49 pm »

I'd recommend investing in throwing knives or something long and pokey for the mosquitoes.

So after finding there's a mouselook mode, not only does that make my life easier in looking around but also I can attack much faster as swinging the mouse while holding RMB no longer swings the camera. Being an unarmed build, this means I'm punching at Star Platinum speeds. But the water is still to freaking dangerous and you drown waaaay to quickly in this game.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18979 on: April 07, 2017, 02:23:38 pm »

Don't bother with swimming or anything in Daggerfall, just use Water Walking and Water Breathing spells. I usually just head to the Mages' Guild and design a spell that gives me both at the same time, then fire it off whenever I need to swim.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18980 on: April 07, 2017, 02:39:26 pm »

Yeah, unless you either spend forever grinding your swimming skill or start out with it as one of your most powerful skills it's pretty much going to suck forever. Also of note is that water walking does NOT allow you to walk on the surface of water like it does in Morrowind and Oblivion, it just lets you move through it as if it were air.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18981 on: April 07, 2017, 03:44:01 pm »

And I think (based on a GrimithR LP I saw a long time ago) lockpicking is pretty useless too, with how easy it is to make an unlocking spell.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18982 on: April 07, 2017, 03:56:15 pm »

According to Grimith in his recent Linguist playthrough, as long as you're outside in a town, spells always work. So you can make an Open spell with a 1% chance of success and break in everywhere that way.

Leastways, I think I remember him saying that. Those videos are hours long. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18983 on: April 07, 2017, 04:03:34 pm »

You have a fist, why do you need a lockpick spell?

Also, Lockpick spells are buggered inside towns.  Make a level 1 lock spell and use it to rob shops.

Not too sure why he'd be playing a linguist or saying that lockpick works outside towns?  Linguism is crap in Daggerfall.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18984 on: April 07, 2017, 04:07:04 pm »

"Outside in", not "outside of".  Roaming the open world while being in a town area.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18985 on: April 07, 2017, 04:09:47 pm »

ohs

his videos arent the same nowadays.  or my tastes have changed.  I still listen to a lot of background game playthroughs but he isnt really amoung them any longer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18986 on: April 07, 2017, 04:25:15 pm »

He's playing a Linguist as a challenge run. The point is that the character is absolutely useless as all their skills are the craptastic Language skills (except for like two of the minor ones, because he ran out of them), but he's been playing so long that Ersillia's actually fairly competent at dungeoneering now despite her crippling fear of Undead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18987 on: April 07, 2017, 05:11:44 pm »

Chrysalids.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18988 on: April 07, 2017, 05:37:49 pm »

Trying to kill Sulyvahn with a friend. We're doing a really fun co-op thing where one of us summons the other, we get to the next bonfire or two, and then we swap.

I failed to heed his words that Sulyvahn will blow up at half health, while lacking Estus, and died promptly after the clone showed.

Next time he summoned me, I proceeded to get ganked by the Pontiff Knights outside the fog gate and then rolled off onto that raised platform and then died again.

Dark Souls 3
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18989 on: April 07, 2017, 07:58:36 pm »

Trying to figure out exactly what it takes to destroy a Swarm, especially one just one jump from my homeworld. Sent in the biggest fleet I've built yet, almost a dozen cruisers and slightly less that of start-game destroyers, plus a couple of CnC destroyers. For some reason, the game puts my ships with the rear facing the hive, and they immediately get swarmed. Despite the order I put fleet reinforcements in, the game kept throwing in the backup CnCs... which immediately got swarmed and destroyed. Managed to blow up the hive, but the queen(?) looked like it slipped away, and the remaining cruisers got mobbed by the rest of the swarm because for all their impressive dakka(mass drivers and dumbfire missiles galore), they can't hit shit.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 ... 1575