Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377167 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18960 on: April 04, 2017, 01:57:20 pm »

Some undead angel looking jerk kept firing lazers at me til I was deadified.
Some undead angel looking jerk kept firing lazers at me until I hid in a house with a couple mushroom crabs, then used some aoe light attack to turn me into crystal. Because hiding is against the rules.
Some undead angel looking jerk kept firing lazers at me until I hid in a different building that was unfortunately already occupied by the hard to hit 20 attacks a second wall climbing bastards.
Some undead angel looking jerk kept firing lazers at me til I was deadified through my shield.

You be you Dark Souls 3.  You be you.

Dunno if you already know this or not, but ignore the flying hollow. Look instead for a sort of cocoon coming out of the ground and kill that. Doing so gets rid of the flying hollow permanently.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18961 on: April 04, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »

The whole Souls series is just so punitive. I decided to try Dark Souls again for the heck of it.

I really really really really hate Blighttown.

Fuck those mosquitoes.

Those godawful mosquitoes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18962 on: April 04, 2017, 11:28:43 pm »

It's good to have a ranged backup for the mosquitoes. I think an unupgraded shortbow with wooden arrows will still oneshot them, and throwing knives too.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18963 on: April 04, 2017, 11:39:42 pm »

Weapons with a wide vertical range work well too.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18964 on: April 05, 2017, 12:05:10 am »

The whole Souls series is just so punitive. I decided to try Dark Souls again for the heck of it.

Fuck those mosquitoes.

The upper[Skippable] part of Blighttown is terrible, true. The mosquitoes can be bad depending on your weapon. The Combustion Pyromancy is quite good at dealing with them, since its got just the right hitbox and they're vulnerable to fire. Failing that, rolling quickly is good for just avoiding them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18965 on: April 05, 2017, 01:18:00 am »

I've almost always played a primarily archer character in souls games.  A good bow will wreck them once they get in lockon range.  You could probably just carry a weak little crossbow or something in an off weapon slot and shoot them once or twice when they get in lockon range.
----

Dark souls 3 related death, fighting 2 demons.  Get invaded....during the boss fight? wtf?  That's supposed to happen later, not here.  Npc phantom is taking one demon, and I tank the other while a friend I'm in voice comms with (we're co-oping the dlc) goes to fight the invader. 

Unfortunately my friend is not very good at pvp. (I'm not either but I always win our duels so I must be at least built better for it.) Friend drops to the invader and I'm now fighting a demon and a moundmaker.  Moundmaker is predictable as all hell and I parry him....with an offhand rapier no less... and kill him.

Unfortunately the npc phantom dies to his demon and I can't seem to take the demons 2v1.  I run out of estus and my friend is getting impatient for a resummon, so I just go super aggressive to see what I can get away with and die.

Dark souls 3

Spoiler: P.P.S. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:27:59 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18966 on: April 05, 2017, 03:58:32 am »

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid in Spanish, to stay sharp and experience the game in a new way. I get the gist well enough, but didn't know a word that kept coming up. I put Snake behind a forklift and look it up in my Spanish-English dictionary. A guard found me; I forgot that one guard periodically peeks behind it. By the time I picked the controller back up, yo morí.

"Rehenes" are hostages, by the way.

Metal Gear Solid, Spanish version.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18967 on: April 05, 2017, 01:54:50 pm »

I hit a cursed crystal at close range with a nuke launcher, and then made the classic anime mistake of "nothing could have survived that."  I bumped into it and the contact damage killed me.  Maybe it teleported while the nuke was going off and that saved it?

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18968 on: April 05, 2017, 11:06:35 pm »

I had four or so soldiers (two-thirds of the one still alive) killed by one alien grenade. Cue squad wipe a few turns later.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18969 on: April 05, 2017, 11:32:51 pm »

Fuck those mosquitoes.

The upper[Skippable] part of Blighttown is terrible, true. The mosquitoes can be bad depending on your weapon. The Combustion Pyromancy is quite good at dealing with them, since its got just the right hitbox and they're vulnerable to fire. Failing that, rolling quickly is good for just avoiding them.

The thing is, I'm not exactly the best at Dark Souls (I'm absolute trash if you must know) and I'm a knight with a halberd. I've used all of my humanities, all of my throwing knives, and I'm nearly out of arrows. I have no more purple moss, and I can't find the bonfire at the bottom of Blighttown, so I have to start at the top every time.

It's a bad situation, and the walkthroughs don't help.

At least it isn't as hard to learn as DF.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18970 on: April 05, 2017, 11:38:20 pm »

On the 28th of Jantuary, the aliens attacked Beijing. The X-COM bravely rushed thor the rescue.

Then it turned out that the terrorists are sectoids with cyberdiscs and the only weapon on the mission usable by X-COM, which can wreck them is the rocket launcher. With 2 cyberdiscs and 4 sectoids down, there were no more rockets or grenades, and at least 2 cyberdisc remained.

The remaining 5 out of 10 soldiers retreated. The tank was already destroyed.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18971 on: April 06, 2017, 03:00:20 am »

Fuck those mosquitoes.

The thing is, I'm not exactly the best at Dark Souls (I'm absolute trash if you must know) and I'm a knight with a halberd. I've used all of my humanities, all of my throwing knives, and I'm nearly out of arrows. I have no more purple moss, and I can't find the bonfire at the bottom of Blighttown, so I have to start at the top every time.

It's a bad situation, and the walkthroughs don't help.

At least it isn't as hard to learn as DF.
If I remember correctly they have basically no health, so you should be able to take them out with a junk weapon that's got the right animations.  Even if your character isn't built for it.

If you still have a certain two handed sword from a certain graveyard, I killed them with that... like I killed most things...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18972 on: April 06, 2017, 04:45:07 am »

Found my first Ethereal. Tried to stun said ethereal. 90% chance to succeed, so of course it failed. Colonel Cheng, the most badass soldier in XCOM, died like a rookie while her comrades looked on in disbelief.

Now that I'm pretty close to beating the game, it's starting to feel like the difficulty all disappeared after the Alien Base mission. The panic reduction meant I could spend money on equipment rather than satellites for once, research finally caught up to the new alien types, and titan armor means that even squaddies can come along and contribute. I haven't even savescummed that heavily, except for bullshit bad luck like my death above.

XCOM.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18973 on: April 06, 2017, 05:16:27 am »

I use the Whip, conveniently found on your way down. You do need some dex, but it's good for mosquito swatting.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18974 on: April 06, 2017, 08:56:41 am »

The X-COM bravely rushed thor the rescue.

If only.

My own death: The grand hero battle with Anna Navarre has been present for two days now. Unlike the battle with Ursula, I was able to breeze through the Hard difficulty on my first try.

The Lunatic continues to give me problems, probably because I only have Takumi at level 40.

Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 1575