Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377101 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18900 on: March 27, 2017, 10:27:26 am »

After a harrowing 6-generation nightmare of succession wars and assassinations, Typhoid Fever breaks out across Scandinavia. Surviving that, having been busy raiding East Anglia, I get home and receive a duel challenge - sacred Holmgangr.

My rival being a total nooblet, against my superior combat skill, I accept.

In battle, I slay my enemy, but suffer deep wounds. A day later, I succumb to my wounds and die, leaving my 14 year old daughter as queen of Svithjod.

...Fuck.

She turns 16, attains adulthood, and her betrothal to the King of Noregr falls through as he refuses the previously-agreed Matrilinial agreement, which would give me heirs not of my bloodline.

...NOPE.

Ended up marrying some random Slav or Tengri, I forget.

...Lets see how this plays out. I am pissed, my King - her Father, Magnus II of Svithjod, was an incredible warrior and leader.

Ah well.

IRONMAN MODE, WOO
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18901 on: March 27, 2017, 08:54:06 pm »

Floater terror mission. Terror missions suck in general, but it's just floaters and I can't afford to back down. Civilians are dying left and right, as I slowly get out of the Skyranger. The process is hampered by Reapers trying to rush us, but by turn 4 I have everybody in cover behind the landing gear.

Something I forgot about the original game: floaters carry grenades. They aren't shy about using them, either! That's all but two of the squad eliminated in a single turn.

X-Com: UFO Defense.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:29:39 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18902 on: March 28, 2017, 12:24:39 pm »

Honestly I'd just carpet bomb the area around the skyranger with smoke grenades and use motion sensors to make sure you don't get ambushed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18903 on: March 28, 2017, 12:40:40 pm »

Jesus Christ, 3/4ths of the new bosses give no shits whatsoever...

DS III, Ringed City.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18904 on: March 28, 2017, 02:19:08 pm »

Honestly I'd just carpet bomb the area around the skyranger with smoke grenades and use motion sensors to make sure you don't get ambushed.
Motion sensors only show the position of anyone in range, who moved since your previous turn.
That means that on the first turn they do not work and they show civilians the same way as you and aliens.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18905 on: March 28, 2017, 04:01:15 pm »

I've never used the motion scanner before, but it might help to start. I also decided that openxcom's "see TUs spent before moving" feature is no longer cheating.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18906 on: March 28, 2017, 04:01:42 pm »

Yeah. Smoke grenades are black magic awesomeness. Motion sensors on the other hand are so incredibly useless that I have literally never used them in any of the XCOM games that feature them.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18907 on: March 28, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »

I liked to use them on UFOs when preparing to breach, and sometimes when playing "hunt the last godsdamn alien".  But yeah, they were short-ranged and unreliable as heck.
I actually liked the way you have to interpret their information.  Not sensing still enemies really hurts, though, since aliens get real campy in certain situations.  Like, inside an UFO...  The main place I was using them...

Anyway...  Sector X on "sudden death mode" needed a couple tries, though not as much as Sector 9.  I occasionally got too excited to one-shot an Annihilator with a shotgun (they explode.  a lot).

Iji 1.7
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18908 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:38 pm »

In VVVVVV, Prize for the Reckless, what may be the most difficult to obtain trinket in the game. More than 100 deaths were necessary to finally get to the bloody thing.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18909 on: March 29, 2017, 05:44:51 am »

Not so much a death as annoying failure.

Latest weapon design, a quad-barrel gravity-propelled flak cannon. The shells are supposed to have a sensor that arm them as they're fired, and another to detonate them if they get close enough to a target so that a near miss can still explode. After clearing the bores of the cannon of a few blocks that were blocking the shells from exiting, I noticed they weren't arming(or exploding). Further, they didn't hit the target with a enough velocity to do any damage to either(they weren't arming, so they wouldn't explode if they did regardless). I managed to stop one, and saw that the sensors weren't even being placed. Not sure why, since the welder placement is enough to fully build the shell.

Oh well, that was a nice idea anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18910 on: March 29, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »

I keep getting L*nk at the very start of each attempt.

Not sure if it's a bug or glitch or me just getting super lucky but anyway:

Threw a propane tank at very close quarters against a wall.

This is a propane tank in a video game, remember.

The results were... predictable.

Death Road To Canada

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #18911 on: March 29, 2017, 08:36:03 pm »

Is it just me or are the goddamn maze werewolves the toughest critters in the whole game plus expansions?

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18912 on: March 29, 2017, 11:15:04 pm »

Are they worse than cliff racers?

My death: Went to kill a dragon, it bit my leg off. It tried to incinerate me, but I blocked the dragonfire. The dragonfire still melted boiled the pile of silver weapons I was in and I that killed me.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:19:28 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18913 on: March 30, 2017, 12:14:43 am »

Pile of silver weapons?

Hold up, where were you fighting?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18914 on: March 30, 2017, 12:34:33 am »

Is it just me or are the goddamn maze werewolves the toughest critters in the whole game plus expansions?

I didn't find them as hard as the cave full of jerks with paralysis weapons: That necessitated an unholy amount of gathering Corkbulb Root to clear safely. Werewolves just have absurdly inflated stats and no special gimmicks.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 1575