Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1258 1259 [1260] 1261 1262 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377097 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18885 on: March 23, 2017, 10:57:52 pm »

The Kaiser was gay. He hated me because I had syphilis, and apparently a nasty STD on a potentially screwable heathen overlord turned his grudging respect for the Norse emperor into burning hatred. I already lost Jutland to the Germanblob and had no intentions of yielding any more of Fennoscandia to the Christians, so I needed the good Emperor to stop hating me so much.

The next time my doctor prepared a treatment, I asked him to try something new, in the hopes he'd find a way to cure my sorry state. Did you know that getting your hand chopped off is a surefire way to cure syphilis? I sure didn't.

As I was already rather frail, the health hit from the Edward Elric Syphilis Special finally gave me to Odin in my late 30s. This was the best accident ever, because my son and heir was a brave ambitious gay genius with at least 12 in every stat and 24 in his specialty.

Crusader Kings 2
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18886 on: March 23, 2017, 10:58:45 pm »

Mettaton was distracting.  I can't believe I barely got spoiled on this game, really.  It's fantastic at times.

Undertale
Spoiler: Well... (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18887 on: March 24, 2017, 12:05:03 am »

Panic is reduced across the board, but I still must deal with abductions. I miss being able to send multiple Skyrangers to deal with multiple situations, but that's life. I decide to go to Australia, since I still have a chance of getting full satellite coverage in Asia for the Future Combat bonus.

Fairly typical mission. The Great Laser Rifle Shortage of 2017 has ended, I now have enough laser rifles to go 'round. I even have laser sniper rifles! Due to this and other advances, mutons are no longer scary.

Unfortunately, six mutons are still pretty scary, when they're flanking your team and making absolutely bullshit shots at insane distances. My sniper couldn't get LOS anywhere, and my counter-flank maneuver went horribly due to uncovering an overwatch'd alien. Decided to quit when an Assault died just a short hop away from a Support with three upgraded Medikits.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:12:01 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18888 on: March 24, 2017, 10:32:39 pm »

My father, Fylkir Oysteinn, was murdered. I scanned the court, looking for shifty eyes and anybody who had something to gain from offing Oysteinn. The most obvious candidate was my uncle: ambitious and a claimant to the throne of Scandinavia. I set my spies upon him and discovered him slandering me. Knowing that I couldn't pass up any opportunities, I had him arrested and sent him to the dungeons, then sacrificed him at the blot as a sort of "legal" execution. I figured I caught the killer and went on with my life.

Three months later, I was murdered. I feel kind of guilty now, there's a serial killer on the loose, and also all of Scandinavia is now in the utterly incapable hands of a two-year-old girl.

Crusader Kings II
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18889 on: March 24, 2017, 10:50:22 pm »

I became friends with Belgrade, which triggered England, which also triggered their allies Poland and Egypt, which then triggered like 3 other Egyptian-friendly city states all around my borders. When England declared war on me, it wasn't long until I was practically fighting the world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18890 on: March 24, 2017, 10:54:17 pm »

Had an unupgraded car go on a chase that ultimately escalated into a Heat 6 chase, involving multiple wrecks, rage at DLC cars, the discovery of many Jack Spots for non-DLC cars, and rage at DLC areas.

Ended with me getting busted after an armored van slammed into my car yet again.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:27:09 pm by AzyWng »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18891 on: March 25, 2017, 02:09:56 am »

Not really me who died, but it was silly:

The Hero of Kvatch (me) walks into an inn, wearing full daedric plate, a flaming sword on his belt.

Suddenly a woman cries: "For lord dagon", conjures armor around herself and pulls out a sword.

The Hero of Kvatch pulls out his and tries to kill the assasin but a cilvilian trying to punch her gets in the way twice. The assasin escapes and the civilian dies.

Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18892 on: March 25, 2017, 10:50:30 am »

Oh hey, Mutons. Oh, you're going to get perfectly accurate critical hits several times in a row, while my guy's in full cover at the edge of your sight range? That's cool, I wanted to reload this mission anyway. NO BIGGIE :(

EDIT: Also, the line-of-sight system itself seems to be my enemy at this stage. A muton was on a ramp, with my guy behind cover at the top. My guy couldn't see the muton, but the muton could see him somehow. Plasma came from the fog of war, my guy died and I was glad to have a save file.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:14:39 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18893 on: March 25, 2017, 03:40:22 pm »

I thought the Soviets would protect us, but they did not. Instead when Germany invaded they sent troops to all of their coastal provinces, and none to us.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18894 on: March 25, 2017, 04:17:54 pm »

I never seem to stop fast enough to avoid sudden obstacles.

I continue to confuse the handbrake, accelerate, brake, and nitro buttons.

I have no idea how to properly (or at all) evade the police once a chase has initiated.

I keep crashing into things in general.

I have thought the words "fuck this game" at least 5 times in my last play session.

I mean, sure, when I do succeed, it's awesome, but when I don't, it's infuriating, common, and infuriatingly common.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18895 on: March 26, 2017, 01:39:51 pm »

I thought the Soviets would protect us, but they did not. Instead when Germany invaded they sent troops to all of their coastal provinces, and none to us.

I had one as France where the US landed all of their troops in Belgium.  Not to attack, they just kinda... hung out.  Their only contribution to the war was somehow getting 100+ infantry divisions to China to remove the Japanese occupiers, while the French navy battled the Japanese one.  Eventually I invaded Japan with like a dozen marine divisions in the easiest naval invasion of all time, because there were only 3 infantry divisions opposing me.

Never change, Paradox AI.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18896 on: March 26, 2017, 07:04:23 pm »

Downloaded OpenXCom. The added responsiveness and smoother animations makes everything better.

However, this doesn't change the fact that my first mission was at night. Even if I had ordered electroflares right off the bat, they wouldn't have arrived in time. Two rookies got shot exiting the Skyranger.

For my next mission, I assumed there was only one alien inside the UFO. So, naturally, I ended my turn once that alien was dead.

Wrong! Another floater comes from the shadows and kills my poor squaddie. My high-reaction Sergeant didn't see any of this, because the UFO door closed when I hit the "End turn" button.

X-Com: UFO Defense.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18897 on: March 26, 2017, 07:16:59 pm »

That's why you enable the "automatically exit mission when last alien is dead" option.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18898 on: March 26, 2017, 08:12:18 pm »

This boss has about 8 attack types, and always chooses 2 to fire in quick succession.  Some combos aren't bad at all, due to targeting the same area or having generous timing.

But then there's one attack that has always been difficult for me.  It's a pair of canister grenades which airburst into a MIRV rain of overlapping parabolic projectiles which land at different rates.  It nearly forces you to stay on the ground, or barely jump.

I got that attack 3 times in a row, combined with the orthogonal rockets (require careful jumping) and the purple orthogonal spur-field.  Basically the three attacks I have the most trouble with, heh.
(I was so close, too, one hit away from winning...)

I did succeed a couple attempts later, and I'm not even mad.  I really love this fight.  It was a lot easier years ago though when it was laggy for me :P
Whereas I got through Asha on my first try, albeit with 1 HP left.

Ultimortal difficulty, though I didn't maximum charge, because I *really* cannot handle the Skysmashers.
Even the creator complains about them a little in his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67eLpLhxEPg
(at 30 seconds the boss starts spamming that airburst grenade I was complaining about)

Oh oh also, it's actually a feature that if the boss hits with an attack, it prioritizes that attack going forward.

Iji on Ultimortal.  Jeez, 8 year old game...  Recent update is really nice, though, adding 8 nonlethal weapons and other things!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18899 on: March 27, 2017, 09:33:05 am »

Gave someone a chicken costume after they asked me for a suit, only for them to brutally stab me to death backstage.   
Later my corpse was discovered by a helpful Hulk doctor, who smashed through walls to retrieve it for cloning.   
That filthy clown had seen it earlier, of course, but did nothing.

Arrived on shuttle. Spider had somehow infiltrated shuttle without me noticing. Killed by spider.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1258 1259 [1260] 1261 1262 ... 1575