Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376977 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18825 on: March 03, 2017, 09:22:35 am »

A quest reward granted me two chickens- score!!  I went over to my ghetto enclosure and spawned them in.  The lone pig and shep sure seemed eager to path to me, weird...  Maybe they were hungry.  I gathered some precious seeds to feed the chickens- ooh, they had dropped feathers without dying or anything!  I hopped in to collect-  OH WHAT

Rolan7 has been killed by a pig.
Rolan7 has been killed by a chicken.

Apparently in this version animals just constantly want to murder you.  I ended up killing them instead in order to get my stuff back.  It was a *really* ghetto enclosure, and I was more than a little annoyed.  I can arrange a spawning field muuuuch later when I'm ready to deal with that crap.

Minecraft, Agrarian Skies 2 mod (You start on a clay island floating in the void, and must build everything "ex nihilo" by composting plants and sifting/recombining the results.  Also by building mob farms).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18826 on: March 03, 2017, 01:08:11 pm »

Gonna say it frustrates me that my zombie-autopilot play of DoomRL is, in general, too good for HMP but not good enough for my preference for 'hardmode' UV.
  I dont really do tics or anything, but one I do have is the desire, the impetus to only play games on 'hard'.  It actually causes tightness in my chest to play on normal.

DoomRL
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #18827 on: March 03, 2017, 07:18:27 pm »

The seal blew on an airlock, sucking my resource gathering robot "Rick" out into the cold abyss of space along with most of his friends. The only way I could afford a new resource gather mod would be to disassemble my sole remaining robot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18828 on: March 03, 2017, 09:53:58 pm »

Not my death, but the deaths of an unprecedented number of those under my command.

I shouldn't have taken the boss's advice on using a holding cell to save money quite so seriously.   
By the time I realised how out of control the population was and shut down new arrivals, the cell was already looking like something from the Philippines. I built more beds in there, but what I really needed to do was knuckle down and make some proper damn cellblocks, and that would take some time. So I foolishly continued on as I was.

A massive riot broke out between the bunk room and the showers, claiming thirty lives. Thirty!
And plenty of the dead weren't inmates, but guards and riot police. Hell, I wound up with just two remaining guards, and not enough hands on deck to stack the bodies. Ended up having to build an extra morgue across the street to get all the corpses out of the damn way.

Surprisingly, I still have my job, somehow.
As shocked as I was to receive a second chance, I am certainly making the most of it. A new contingent of armoured guards with shotguns, patrolling constantly through the bunks, has kept the prisoners in line quite nicely since. I gave my new, replacement regular guards armour, too, after seeing the sort of damage these brutes can do with just things like screwdrivers and keys.

And, of course, I've finally built some proper cells to spread out the population somewhat. I'm determined not to have a repeat of that disaster.
I also started a new program of anger management classes, for a rather large pool of volunteers.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18829 on: March 04, 2017, 12:07:41 am »

There once was a toohoo named Hong Meirin
That caused me to chuck my whole laptop in the bin
Her spinny purple background animation
Was the cause of much visual aggravation
And when I next lost a life
The laptop went out the window.

TH06: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18830 on: March 04, 2017, 01:29:29 am »

This fucking VTOL. So cheap.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18831 on: March 04, 2017, 05:30:03 am »

"Youkai" is generally the more accurate term in this game, although in Meiling's case that's not entirely true(she's possibly a dragon).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18832 on: March 04, 2017, 06:52:51 am »

"Youkai" is generally the more accurate term in this game, although in Meiling's case that's not entirely true(she's possibly a dragon).

Hong insists she's a human pre-battle in both Marisa's and Reimu's story, although canon may have changed since Scarlet Devil. Toohoo is just what I generically call Touhou characters when any more detail is unimportant, like 'mon in Pokemon.

I had resorted to extreme Bethesda rock climbing to find the last survivalist cache. I should probably have tried to get Follows-Chalk back for the map-revealy thing, but I'm almost done with the DLC and couldn't be asked to go back to the Dead Horses camp just for that.

A mole rat spawned on top of me. Appeared out of thin air on top of my head. I drew my weapon, promptly lost my footing and fell far enough to instantly die of fall damage.

FONV, Honest Hearts.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18833 on: March 04, 2017, 05:30:46 pm »

Hong insists she's a human pre-battle in both Marisa's and Reimu's story, although canon may have changed since Scarlet Devil.

Most likely scenario in my opinion is that's she's a human offspring of a dragon. "Hong" is literally the word for "dragon" in Chinese, at least implying dragon ancestry. I'd look it up, but the Touhou wiki website is bugging out.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18834 on: March 04, 2017, 06:12:41 pm »

Touhou wiki claims she's a youkai of indeterminate type, and Meiling also comments on eating shrine maidens in the pre-battle for EoSD against Reimu.  I'm guessing it's an interpretation issue between an "ordinary person" and an "ordinary human." 

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18835 on: March 04, 2017, 08:30:31 pm »

Not quite a death, but close enough.

I reconquered Knudarr Castle from the Vaegir scum. I had no assistance from any other lord; the castle was conquered over the course of two battles, with a grand total of ~190 men taking part in the battle (Around 75 attackers against around 75 defenders the first time, with each side losing about 45 men per battle; I replenished 40 of them and took it back from the ~30 defenders remaining.) Knudarr had been under the control of the Vaegirs for 2/3 of a year, ever since the end of the last Nord-Vaegir war.

For my service, King Ragnarr pats me on the back, gives me 900 denars, and then turns around and hands it to Jarl Turya, who is already the lord of another castle and a village, while I am the lord of Fearichen, a pathetic village on the very edge of the country that gets burnt to the ground every time a war is declared.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18836 on: March 04, 2017, 08:41:28 pm »

Not quite a death, but close enough.

I reconquered Knudarr Castle from the Vaegir scum. I had no assistance from any other lord; the castle was conquered over the course of two battles, with a grand total of ~190 men taking part in the battle (Around 75 attackers against around 75 defenders the first time, with each side losing about 45 men per battle; I replenished 40 of them and took it back from the ~30 defenders remaining.) Knudarr had been under the control of the Vaegirs for 2/3 of a year, ever since the end of the last Nord-Vaegir war.

For my service, King Ragnarr pats me on the back, gives me 900 denars, and then turns around and hands it to Jarl Turya, who is already the lord of another castle and a village, while I am the lord of Fearichen, a pathetic village on the very edge of the country that gets burnt to the ground every time a war is declared.

You see, that's why you stop serving those false kings. Get a few followers, make a claim to royalty for yourself, and build your own faction! With blackjack and castles for everyone!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18837 on: March 04, 2017, 10:59:55 pm »

I charged into battle, forgetting that I was rendered basically naked upon starting the DLC. I can tank most things if I'm wearing the power armor, but that only works if I'm actually wearing it. I was not, and my health was all gone in just a few seconds.

I didn't think the bar could get lower than Dead Money, but at least Dead Money made a good first impression. The "I can't believe it's not Portal" wAcKy ScIeNcE xD!!! just doesn't do it for me, especially not when it's done ten times worse in a game where it doesn't fit at all.

When Elijah and Christine talked about the Big Empty in Dead Money, it sounded a lot cooler than this. :(

Fallout: New Vegas, Old World Blues.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18838 on: March 04, 2017, 11:16:02 pm »

The what?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18839 on: March 04, 2017, 11:20:36 pm »

Big MT, the area Old World Blues is set in.

Honestly, I've always felt that Fallout has an undercurrent of wacky 50s scifi. OWB isn't really that much further out there, considering some of the other stuff in the series.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 1575