Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376718 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18720 on: February 18, 2017, 12:56:30 am »

I played competitive Overwatch. That is all.

* MaximumZero cancels play Overwatch: sodium fueled explosion.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18721 on: February 18, 2017, 01:13:52 am »

Invaded by a twinker in full Havel's with the lightning spear. I was well on my way to killing them, one 60 damage backstab at a time, when something lagged out terribly and they killed me while facing away.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18722 on: February 18, 2017, 12:52:52 pm »

Wooden building, six fully charged battery coils, and one electrical fault.

The resulting explosion in my settlement looked like someone took an orbital cannon to it.

Rimworld.

Ouch! Happens to me all the time. One great trick to mitigate this is to build those on/off switches and completely shut down segments of power cells, keeping them as backup power. Once they're charged and off the grid, they can't explode/overcharge/!!SCIENCE!!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18723 on: February 18, 2017, 10:47:12 pm »

Wooden building, six fully charged battery coils, and one electrical fault.

The resulting explosion in my settlement looked like someone took an orbital cannon to it.

Rimworld.

Ouch! Happens to me all the time. One great trick to mitigate this is to build those on/off switches and completely shut down segments of power cells, keeping them as backup power. Once they're charged and off the grid, they can't explode/overcharge/!!SCIENCE!!

Aye, thanks for the PM. Right now I eschew batter packs and run Geothermal. I've read some neat stuff about pulling out charged batteries and rebuilding them elsewhere, but, for the moment, I'd rather not worry about my power grid getting crippled by a random event in the middle of a siege. Pretty pretty explosions aside, I regret that I have no other deaths to report.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18724 on: February 19, 2017, 01:28:09 am »

Not an actual death, but a brief moment of panic that probably could have gone much worse.  I decided to try out my shiny new AFMU (Auto Field-Maintenance Unit; basically a portable repair kit for all occasions) for the first time, since I am well over a thousand light-years from civilized space (and attendant repair facilities) and my fancy FTL drive was showing a few dings and dents.  I tried to do this while operating said fancy FTL drive at several times the speed of light.  Hilarity ensued as every alarm in my cockpit went off and my ship tried to decelerate from superluminal velocities to a dead stop on a figurative dime. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:31:20 am by Culise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18725 on: February 19, 2017, 01:37:38 am »

That's gonna do a number on your brakes, yup.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18726 on: February 19, 2017, 08:00:28 pm »

lmao 2-3 arena can go fuck itself what a piece of shit

Saltstone

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18727 on: February 21, 2017, 01:37:00 am »

I found a Deckers gang operation. There's STAG everywhere at this point, so fighting the Deckers starts a fight with STAG as well. I have a tank delivered and have some giggles destroying everything, but that gets boring after a while because the tank sucks to drive on anything other than a perfectly even and level surface.

I try to steal a faster car and get instantly vaporized by the storm of lasers, bullets, brutes and shock hammers.

Saints Row 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18728 on: February 21, 2017, 04:55:07 am »

SR had such a shitty driving system that I actively avoided tanks if I could help it.

Anyways, my wasn't a death so much as giving up after over an hour of playing cat and mouse with the Hierarchy. They got a big force up and running suprisingly fast, and a superweapon too, luckily I managed to spot it coming and built secondary bases in the s.outh of the map, so when the eventual doomblob of grunts, saucers and all three of their walkers came I didn't instantly die. What followed was about 40 minutes of killing their gatherers, walkers and several superweapons. In the end I just didn't feel like dealing with a blob of about 7-8 saucers which could instagib my expensive railgun robots which were one of like, three units that could hit them (Novus has shitty AA options it seems).

Universe at War: Earth Assault

(unrelated, I really wish Sega or whoever has the rights would do a remaster of this, it's not old but it's also nowhere to be found because fucking GfWL killed it before it could even get off the ground)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18729 on: February 21, 2017, 05:06:10 am »

SR had such a shitty driving system that I actively avoided tanks if I could help it.

I actually like motorcycles, but everything else in SR3 sucks to drive. I just use a helicopter if it's any real distance.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18730 on: February 21, 2017, 06:02:22 pm »

I actually had fun driving sporty cars in SR3. Mayhaps I have low standards tho. ;)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18731 on: February 21, 2017, 06:18:25 pm »

Taurus demon.
Dark Souls.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18732 on: February 21, 2017, 07:17:30 pm »

Dark Souls: Not That Hard, Just Really Unforgiving (And Only Occasionally Outright Bullshit, I Promise)

[edit] Actual death: Hana has a very, very bad reputation with me in Birthright for getting put into situations I either want her to survive, need her to survive, really desperately need her to survive, or that she shouldn't not survive and then dying anyway, just to spite me. Thankfully this was all on Casual.

However, on my Hard/Classic file... Chapter 10 (aka Ninja Hell) is not the first time this happens, and I doubt it will be the last. God damn it, Hana.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:30:01 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18733 on: February 22, 2017, 06:58:53 am »

Changed my clothes, then tried to go to the Heliport menu. The music glitched and the menu never appeared, leaving me with the scrolling Saints background and nothing to do but force quit.

Saints Row 3. First major glitch I've encountered.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18734 on: February 22, 2017, 02:24:06 pm »

Taurus demon.
Dark Souls.

Hey, if you made it to Taurus without memorising the route you're progressing faster than most people. Just remember, death is to be expected. Dark Souls isn't a game you can pick up and play flawlessly right off the bat unless you have a lot of experience with very similar games, because most of the challenge is learning enemies' patterns.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 1575