Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376745 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18705 on: February 12, 2017, 02:29:43 pm »

I'm not an especially good or fast shot.

Unfortunately, the enemies I fight often are one or both.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18706 on: February 12, 2017, 02:56:20 pm »

Mistook a bullet for a pickup. Broke my concentration completely, burned through every life during the rest of the level, including three times in very short succession during Alice's "Foggy London Dolls" spellcard. Was a perfectly good run beforehand so I went through a lot of lives.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: February 12, 2017, 02:59:59 pm »

I wasn't misremembering:  Enemies really do run far away and hide behind cover once you're down.  Even if they were charging at you moments before.
That sorta sucks for single play, honestly.

Borderlands 2.  I experienced it for many hours as intended, and really enjoyed it, I'd just like to relax with it a little by my self - If that's OK??
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: February 13, 2017, 11:37:23 pm »

I want to play Touhou, but I also have to study. If I play PCB I'll spend hours getting agonizingly close to beating it and end up not studying tonight. Hmm... if I play Scarlet Devil instead, I'll get frustrated and quit before even an hour has passed!

Hey, it worked! I got obliterated on Stage 4.

I hate to admit that I think a game's unfair, especially one from a series that has a pretty high skill barrier, but when I play EOSD I catch myself thinking "Wow that was bullshit" way more often than "Wow I messed up", compared to other games in the series.

TH06: EOSD.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: February 14, 2017, 01:04:01 pm »

I wasn't misremembering:  Enemies really do run far away and hide behind cover once you're down.  Even if they were charging at you moments before.
That sorta sucks for single play, honestly.

Sorta Sucks! More like Majorly Sucks.

I lost count of the number of times I died because everyone ran off before I could shotgun my way to life... At least you can move a little in 2, in Borderlands 1 I died a bunch due to being stuck behind waist high cover.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: February 14, 2017, 08:10:58 pm »

I want to play Touhou, but I also have to study. If I play PCB I'll spend hours getting agonizingly close to beating it and end up not studying tonight. Hmm... if I play Scarlet Devil instead, I'll get frustrated and quit before even an hour has passed!

Hey, it worked! I got obliterated on Stage 4.

I hate to admit that I think a game's unfair, especially one from a series that has a pretty high skill barrier, but when I play EOSD I catch myself thinking "Wow that was bullshit" way more often than "Wow I messed up", compared to other games in the series.

TH06: EOSD.

Try installing the hitbox patch, so you can actually see where you're going. Otherwise, if you're alternating between EoSD and other Touhou games, you'll quickly lose the sense of where your hitbox is.

Other advice: MarisaB is great for just sort of noping out of spellcards you don't like. One Master Spark is a free pass through any spell sign besides the very last one. That's how I got my first win, by pressing X repeatedly after accumulating a bunch of resources before Stage 5.

Related: I'm trying to capture every spellcard in EoSD Normal. I had all of them but four: Marionette, Scarlet Shoot, Red Magic[Remilia's final attack] and Icicle Fall. Marionette was easy, once I went through Stage 5 practice mode a few times. Red Magic was next, surprisingly. The saddest part is that its still Remilia's only hard spell sign. I eventually managed to capture Icicle Fall, mostly by abusing MarisaA's absurd damage with Magic Missile.

I still can't get Scarlet Shoot. Its got a mean 1-2-KO punch. First aimed barrage fills the screen with bullets and forces me to move. Second aimed barrage fills the screen with more bullets and drives me. The third aimed barrage is triple wide and aimed right at you. I can't dodge that.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18711 on: February 16, 2017, 11:18:25 pm »

Only 125 players were online and it was my first match.

Once I joined a match, the blue team was apparently waiting on someone to take the position of admiral of one of the ships.

After a lot of waiting and worrying and telling people "this is my first time playing, please someone else play captain or I will and you'll have allowed a total noob to be the captain", I decided to pick captain.

The 60 second match begin timer ticks down to one after I make my decision.

Then someone on the red team leaves their captain position, resetting the timer entirely.

Quote from: My response in the lobby chat
Fuck's sake.
Good night, ladies and gentlemen.
(Leaves the match)
(Quits the game)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: February 16, 2017, 11:49:33 pm »

Why did you quit...?
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: February 17, 2017, 05:11:08 am »

Other advice: MarisaB is great for just sort of noping out of spellcards you don't like. One Master Spark is a free pass through any spell sign besides the very last one. That's how I got my first win, by pressing X repeatedly after accumulating a bunch of resources before Stage 5.

Bombing still kinda feels like cheating, but I have to admit that life has become much more pleasant since I started bombing more often. Hong Meirin's spells can all go die in a fire, especially Extreme Color Typhoon. I'm willing to bet that Stage 4 is more valuable points-wise than any of her spell cards anyway. (Touhou is the one series where I really care about getting a high score.)

For Icicle Fall, what I've found is that the side shots come in two evenly-spaced rows, then one that's kinda janky where the spaces are random. Go between the crystals on the first two, then over the top of the third one. It should be possible to get back in position and hit Cirno before it's time to dodge the next few strands. Of course, it's hard to time with the yellow bullets, but the best strategy I've found so far.

I wonder if it's possible to get behind her and use Reimu A's homing shots?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: February 17, 2017, 07:13:52 am »

After surviving a food scare on the edge of a sun-blown stream, Bjorn Kuoma prayed to the spirits of the forest for guidance. As he wasted away on the edge of his spruce shelter, the bait of his fishing pole finally dipped from its casual bob. After feverishly yanking and reeling for the better part of thirty minutes, four succulent fish lay at his feet.

Half-crawling to the stack of twigs and sticks at the edge of the forest clearing, a humble fire was lit. As the fish roasted, Bjorn passed out from sheer exhaustion! Luckily, something stirred in beyond the forest edge whose sounds awoke him. Grabbing his nearly-burned fish, he feasted on one and decided to abandon his impromptu home for a better place to settle.

Fearing the presence of a wolf or bear, he had no time to rest before his journey. Heavy rain poured overhead in a maelstrom he could not escape.

Surely, this was a sign from the gods that he must depart.

Wading across the southern stream was frightful, but uneventful. After a few minutes walk, he came upon another stream! It seemed his shelter was built near an island between two streams.

No problem, he thought. Once more he trudged unto the running stream, confident he would find glory beyond its shores.

Except, the stream became longer and longer with every step. Further than the limits of the earlier stream, the water deepened and casual wading became desperate swimming. He had come too far to turn back now!

So he swam. And swam. And swam! Finally, after what seemed an eternity, he sighted the opposite bank - safety!

As he neared the shoreline, his eyes blinked time and again - imperceptibly slower each time.

Mere meters from the shoreline, consciousness abated.

...Bjorn drowned, passed out from incredible exhaustion and starvation after finally defeating the obstacles in his path.

(I would have made it, too, if I had risked sleeping on that little island. Damn it!)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: February 17, 2017, 07:45:18 am »

Although I'm guessing Unreal World.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: February 17, 2017, 12:26:23 pm »

Why did you quit...?

I wasn't interested in seeing what shenanigans they were planning to delay the inevitable.

Plus I wasn't feeling very patient or forgiving at the time, either.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: February 17, 2017, 12:28:02 pm »

Huh, alright.
Black lives matter.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: February 17, 2017, 09:55:32 pm »

Yeeeep. UnReal World. They re-released it as a totally free game, so I no longer have to play my outdated paid version from years ag- damn it cat, stop trying to climb on the table and eat my pancackes!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: February 17, 2017, 11:41:54 pm »

Wooden building, six fully charged battery coils, and one electrical fault.

The resulting explosion in my settlement looked like someone took an orbital cannon to it.

Rimworld.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 1575