Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1243 1244 [1245] 1246 1247 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376604 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18660 on: February 02, 2017, 01:40:06 pm »

It's definitely not done very often though.  Can be a massive surprise.  Why use a skyguard tank when you can plop an AA max on the back of a stupidly agile jeep?

I remember a while back I was playing and someone in my squad would just not shut up in voice comms about how a harraser with a max on the back of it was blatantly hacking because he wasn't using the harraser's machine gun.  Even after the max was killed (archer engie ftw) he still wouldn't shut up about it for a good 5 minutes after.

EDIT:
As for my death I was coming here to post, playing marvel heroes, midtown madness.  Just farming ARMOR drives, playing rocket raccoon.  Get flattened by the juggernaut, but I have a cosmic that revives me after a few seconds when I die for the first time in a mission.  Unfortunately as I'm getting back up I see another red line of imminent death crossing my location.  I cannot move while self rezzing or delay it and got wrekt immediately.  Too much chaos going on to see what that second hit was from.   I assume juggernaut charged someone again who just happened to put me in the AOE.

Marvel Heroes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:45:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18661 on: February 03, 2017, 04:39:24 am »

I've given up on getting the coveted 1cc run and tried to get as far as I could with continues.

I actually got pretty far and didn't have to continue until Hong Meirin, but started dying every couple of waves on Patchouli's stage. Stage 4 has enemies that can't be hit AFAIK (the books), which produce almost all the bullets. This stage also introduces huge semi-transparent bullets with hitboxes that are hard to judge. Patchouli herself loves these.

I think Sakuya's actually easier than Patchouli, there's more room to move around and the projectiles aren't as huge. The time-stop isn't even that bad once you're used to a particular attack, I just need to learn the patterns so I can dodge more effectively.

I lost my last life at the beginning of Stage 5.

TH06: EOSD.

Is it me, or does Touhou capture the feeling of really good anime fight scenes better than most licensed anime fighters?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:42:41 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18662 on: February 03, 2017, 09:13:30 am »

I sort of trashed the station a little bit fighting some giant spiders, and got trapped between two airless areas with no space gear, so I took ALL the pills, got real drunk, and laid down to let blissful sleep take me.

SS13
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18663 on: February 03, 2017, 10:19:00 pm »

Stupid Eldar and their invisible turrets. Pretty sure that they had already been eliminated from the game(how I don't know) as well. Couldn't push a mass of guardsmen and Leman Russes through because they have some kinda of paralysis ability, stopping the charge dead. Dropping multiple Earthshakers didn't work. And then the game became too laggy to bother with.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18664 on: February 04, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »

Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom's first boss has some pretty nasty attacks. Myabe I'm just not used to it though.

I'm really not convinced by this one. It feels weird and overcomplicated. LoLK also has bomb/life pieces instead of plain old pickups, which drives me up the wall for no reason I can articulate.

TH15: Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18665 on: February 05, 2017, 12:04:37 am »

For the third out of four times, I've ascended the Tower of Joy to rescue Lyanna, but my buddies got crushed by the Kingsguard and I ended up in a fight with somebody an order of magnitude better than me and died in a matter of seconds.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:09:16 am by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18666 on: February 05, 2017, 12:36:27 am »

I imagine it is indeed supposed to be ridiculously hard and...
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18667 on: February 05, 2017, 12:51:34 am »

I imagine it is indeed supposed to be ridiculously hard and...
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18668 on: February 05, 2017, 01:00:08 am »

I normally use dual pistols but I decided to take the crowbar one campaign, for some cool Gordon Freeman melee action.

Little did I know nearly all of my teammates had chosen the exact same thing, meaning we had only one guy still carrying any pistols. No big deal, right? Just grab a regular gun.

Yeah, that didn't go over so well. Someone tried firing at a couple of zombies and ended up accidentally hitting the car, which basically screamed "we're over here, come and get us" to the entire horde.

After we made it out of that, we were short a medkit and some ammo, but still, not a big problem. That is, until we encountered the Tank.

The one pipe bomb we managed to find we used in the car horde, so we had to just unload our guns at it and hope it worked.

However, nobody thought to grab extra ammo, and the one guy who did was stuck with the shotgun, which has a lot less reserve ammo than the other guns.

And because we were so trigger-happy with the Tank, we ran out of ammo very quickly, meaning our only option was to try whacking at it with our melee weapons.

As it turns out, it actually works... but doesn't protect you from the horde that comes afterwards.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18669 on: February 05, 2017, 01:12:36 am »

I discovered that rogues don't generally have a lot of hit points at level 1. Nadine Yana got stabbed to death by a kobold, over some human woman's brat.

Shadows of Undrentide's writing is a bit more clever than the main campaign, but not impressively so. There's an acknowledged Lawful Stupid Paladin at the very beginning but beyond that it just looks like another four-part MacGuffin-em-up in another licensed DnD setting that I don't really care for. I haven't even gotten out of the first area though so maybe it'll really blow me away if I can just hang on for like thirty more minutes?

Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Undrentide.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18670 on: February 05, 2017, 01:48:40 am »

Didn't realize I married a chaste woman, so I plotted to kill her but it didn't work.  Tried to imprison her, she fled to where I couldnt get her pregnant anymore.  Couldn't seduce anyone to get bastard to legitimize, so I died without an heir and thats game over.

Crusader Kings 2 MP

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18671 on: February 05, 2017, 12:00:33 pm »

Oh wow, that's not a mod.  Nice.

Talkative half-ghost wolf spirit katana'd me in the Land of the Dead.  She claimed I'd go to Hell (which is apparently somewhere else) but both characters seemed unsure.
Touhou 7:  Perfect Cherry Blossom
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18672 on: February 05, 2017, 01:35:54 pm »

After 307.8 kilometres of actual real-life walking to collect the 125 candies needed, I was finally able to evolve the 97%-perfect-IV Dratini I caught back in August into Dragonite. Nervously checked the moves... The moveset you get is random and can never be changed.
What did I get...?

...Steel Wing and Hyper Beam, widely considered to be the absolute worst of the six possible movesets. Well.
Not really a death, unless you count dying inside a little.

For an actual death, finally had my first ever full-party-wipe on the third stage of the Darkest Dungeon. I'd sent in a somewhat-disposable group to scout things out, but they were holding their own surprisingly well... for a while. Then my Houndmaster was killed by an unlucky shot, and everything went swiftly downhill. The next battle saw my Bounty Hunter and Highwayman also bite the dust... I had every intention of fleeing and abandoning the quest if I ended up with only one person remaining, but for some reason the option was disabled.

My Antiquarian and her tiny knife alone were no match for a full party of vicious hellbeasts.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18673 on: February 05, 2017, 01:59:42 pm »

I think your first problem was bringing an Antiquarian to the Darkest Dungeon :P

Also, the retreat option was disabled because you only had one person left - if you retreat from the Darkest Dungeon, one person gets left behind.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18674 on: February 05, 2017, 03:24:28 pm »

Killed about 2 dozen zombies with my pickaxe. Still dragged down in the first area.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1243 1244 [1245] 1246 1247 ... 1575