Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376485 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18645 on: January 28, 2017, 03:28:47 pm »

I was meandering south of the wreck of the Aurora in my fresh new Seamoth.  The sun had just set, but with the glowing supply chests all about, I was still more or less fine with popping in and out to grab various stuff, and it wasn't like there was much life around.  Suddenly, while I was salvaging, a massive seasnake plows in out of the gloom right past me, giving me a nice view of teeth and grabby things, grabs my empty Seamoth, and swims off with it. 

After a moment's pause to try and parse what had just happened and how close I had just come to death, I started to try to swim back to base as fast as I could.  There were two of them. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18646 on: January 28, 2017, 03:55:42 pm »

And that's what it feels like to be prey caught up in a coordinated predator group's hunt! :D

-snip-
Ooooooo, you have that one item that permits instant refreshes :3 How did you get it! (Don't tell me you STOLE IT SOMEHOW from fluffy creatures!) :P

Of course not! What kind of monster do you take me for! I was gifted it by the fluffy creatures after helping them declare independence, and build up enough infrastructure to grow and prosper.

I am a fair but just Hairless Advisor.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 04:28:37 pm by Solifuge »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18647 on: January 28, 2017, 05:02:00 pm »

GIT SOME YOU' SUMBITCH!

Well, that didn't go quite as expected. I was not expecting the massive chainsaw shears.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18648 on: January 28, 2017, 05:33:56 pm »

RIP wrong thread.

Might as well turn a wrongpost into a realpost:

Something you don't realize while playing as Reimu is that Alice moves around a lot. Kinda sucks if you're trying to play Marisa. I lost a life less than a second before ending the fight, I hadn't even respawned when Alice died due to my projectiles that were still on-screen. It was so insulting that I didn't even feel like going on and just restarted.

OTOH, Marisa B has so much more DPS that spell cards are typically shorter, even with time spent not shooting because you gotta dodge.

Perfect Cherry Blossom.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:39:54 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18649 on: January 29, 2017, 07:18:59 pm »

Alongside a squad of elite Brotherhood of Steel mofos, a friendly Super Mutant, a big freaking robot, and a slave I was supposed to rescue but somehow glitched out hard, I charged the Jefferson Memorial.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18650 on: January 29, 2017, 09:03:29 pm »

For Vault 101 they wanted to do the ending of Fallout 1 midway through the game with less memorable characters and reduced drama.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18651 on: January 29, 2017, 10:33:30 pm »

Alongside a squad of elite Brotherhood of Steel mofos, a friendly Super Mutant, a big freaking robot, and a slave I was supposed to rescue but somehow glitched out hard, I charged the Jefferson Memorial.

Get Broken Steel. Less of an unlikeable thing happening at the end of the game and more playing the game.
Black lives matter.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18652 on: January 30, 2017, 01:48:42 am »

Get Broken Steel. Less of an unlikeable thing happening at the end of the game and more playing the game.

As in, "adds actual options that make rational sense"?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18653 on: January 31, 2017, 01:52:18 am »

When your manufacturing and shipping capital is on a small island, reliant on a sizeable fleet of galleys to import supplies and export the resulting goods, it miiiiight be a good idea to build some more combat-focused ships for defense.

Particularly before declaring independence from Europe.

I have loads of guns and manpower... on the continent.  The expeditionary force knew better.  The fleet quickly bombarded my capital's walls into nothing, then overwhelmed the green defenders with massive waves of elite troops.  Then they pushed a few cities into the continent...  But between terrain bonuses, patriotism bonuses, and just having a veritable swarm of green infantry, I pushed them back into the sea.

At which point they apparently went "k" and camped out on my island, their warships hunting down my galleys and blockading my ports.  Their remaining land force is actually pretty tiny, I just can't get my army to it!  It's like if the British captured Cuba and considered that a win.  Which is the kicker- it's a fairly generous timer, but I need to wipe out the European forces or "lose".

I even managed to scrape together, via upgraded warehouses, enough gold to equip a ship-of-the-line.  Supposedly the best defensive ship in the game- oh, it died instantly.  Balls.  You know what, I'm declaring this a "draw".

Civilization 4:  Colonization
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18654 on: February 01, 2017, 06:30:01 pm »

My main battle tank was blown up by a rear hit from a MAX anti-tank missile, fired from the back of an overglorified jeep.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18655 on: February 01, 2017, 07:59:47 pm »

I underestimated the capabilities and armaments of a group of Gunners, and overestimated the protective powers of my awesome power armor. Also, I overestimated the reach of my Super Sledge and the amount of health I had. I was shot to pieces, but not before I murdered that asshole with the Missile Launcher.

Fallout 4
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18656 on: February 01, 2017, 08:06:17 pm »

I fell. Three times in a row. At the same place.

FML

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18657 on: February 01, 2017, 08:39:54 pm »

The Alien UFO I'd damaged enough to make crash-land had no visible entrances.

Maybe installing XcomUtil when I already had a savegame from vanilla wasn't such a good idea...

For an actual death, a Sectoid showed up and killed a soldier in 1 hit. The Sectoid's own death followed after a cannon wielder shot it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18658 on: February 02, 2017, 03:33:10 am »

I fell. Three times in a row. At the same place.

FML

Blighttown? Sounds like Blighttown. Or the rafters.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18659 on: February 02, 2017, 04:47:19 am »

Can someone confirm for me whether or not MAXes are even able to ride on a Harasser? I was pretty sure they could only ride Sunderers and Galaxies.
They can sit on the rumble seat, and use their own weapons, but they can't drive or use the vehicle's weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 ... 1575