Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376475 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18600 on: January 20, 2017, 06:25:15 pm »

Got whipped hard by a Gardevoir, who boosted itself with Z-Imprison, then put my Talonflame to sleep with Hypnosis before causing massive damage with Dream Eater. I switched to Wishiwasi, and the same strategy happened. I switched to Raichu, and the only difference was that Gardevoir used Dazzling Gleam instead of Dream Eater despite being hurt to warrant it. Eventually Raichu woke up, and managed to paralyze Gardevoir before he got with with another AI-cheat-accuracy Hypnosis and getting knocked out. Swapped back to Wishiwashi, who woke up immediately(but not before getting hit with Dream Eater). Correctly guessing the next move, I switched in the sleeping Talonflame to block Hypnosis, then back to Wishiwashi to block Dream Eater. I kept this up for a few turns, then sensing the correct timing, I attack with Wishiwashi the same turn the paralysis actually fricking works, knocking out Gardevoir.

Even then, with Wishiwashi hurt and Talonflame even more hurt and asleep, there was nothing I could do, even if Talonflame actually did wake up to get a hit in. I don't even remember what it was.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Ragequit after multiple deaths and significant nanite expenditure trying to deal with a certain NC outfit. I swear, Russian Airborne Troopers[RuAT] are bunch of goddamned hackers. Every single time they show up, they're almost certainly aimbotting, often attacking me in places there's no reasonable way to assume I was there. On at least one occasion, they've curve-shot MANA antitank missiles at my Sunderer when there's no way for them to have seen or know exactly where it is. I also recall at least one battle where they were respawning via drop pod without a (highly visible) spawn beacon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:58:07 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18601 on: January 21, 2017, 03:15:40 am »

From what I've learned watching CS:GO Overwatch videos, most of that could be explained by wallhacks.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18602 on: January 21, 2017, 05:26:50 am »

What's strange is that nobody seems to be calling them out for it. At least, there's no post on the Daybreak forums and nothing on Youtube as far as I can tell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18603 on: January 21, 2017, 06:12:34 am »

playing ceylon in eu4, i decided to ally bahmanis, since they're vijay's biggest rival and allying them shouldn't be too hard

of course, then bahmanis attacks vijay and i join in, expecting to get some land, at least the third province on ceylon itself

but since the ai is designed to specifically fuck over the player at every moment possible and i can't blockade the strait properly, vijay comes over, stackwipes me, and occupies my last two provinces

which would've been fine, if bahmanis fully occupied vijay's land, like they should have, and given me some actual land

BUT NO, THAT'S TOO MUCH WORK, LET'S LET CEYLON TAKE 10 FUCKING STAB HITS FROM BEING FULL OCCUPIED AND GIVE THEM FUCKING NOTHING

HOLY SHIT AM I MAD RIGHT NOW I HAVE NEVER BEEN BACKSTABBED SO FUCKING HARD IN THIS GAME

time for attempt two: let's not ally bahmanis edition

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18604 on: January 21, 2017, 02:59:08 pm »

It's really difficult to kill someone if they keep rolling back and chugging, and you're using a weapon that doesn't do much poise damage.

Even worse is when they switch to spamming WotG as well. Through significant latency. RIP.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #18605 on: January 21, 2017, 03:05:45 pm »

Syphilis. A continent-spanning plague of syphilis.

(Crusader Kings 2. The Aztec invaders brought it with them.)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18606 on: January 21, 2017, 03:14:16 pm »

Trying to stealth-archer Knifepoint Ridge. I swear there's a bandit thug that's scripted to go on alert if you step in a certain trigger zone. I've gotten much closer to the same class of bandit and not been discovered. But, like clockwork, whenever I step in the two entrances to her little area, she instantly wakes up and knows where I am.

No actual death, but I want to stealth archer the entire place. Not "Get off one sneak attack and then regularly fight the rest of the guys" the place.

TESV: Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18607 on: January 21, 2017, 09:44:22 pm »

Stupid question, but can you see her before you step into this trigger zone?
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18608 on: January 21, 2017, 10:06:44 pm »

Yep
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18609 on: January 21, 2017, 10:14:23 pm »

Shoot her before, then.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18610 on: January 21, 2017, 10:24:47 pm »

To be more specific, I can use the third-person camera to see her from below a little ramp. I thought you were about to explain some technical thing about line of sight or vision cones :P

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18611 on: January 22, 2017, 03:57:22 am »

bahmanis backstabbed me again in eu4

i wasn't aware it was possible for such a supposedly powerful nation to be so insanely incompetent

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18612 on: January 22, 2017, 02:39:50 pm »

bahmanis backstabbed me again in eu4

i wasn't aware it was possible for such a supposedly powerful nation to be so insanely incompetent

Current mood: Your profile pic.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18613 on: January 22, 2017, 09:46:35 pm »

Through a brilliant new strategy that I like to call "bombing like a little bitch whenever I get scared," I made it all the way to the end of stage 4.

Unfortunately, the Prismriver Sisters is the tipping point where the fight lasts so long that bombs will only get you so far. I've only played this particular game a handful of times (relative to how much I've played Scarlet Devil and Mountain of Faith), so I didn't remember any of their patterns and died.

Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18614 on: January 22, 2017, 10:26:42 pm »

They might be my favorite Touhou boss fight, having only played 7 and a little of 10.  I just love how the music seems to sync up, and the tripartite nature of it.  And the notes!

The latter wolf-girl with the sword slashes is pretty cool too though, if maddeningly difficult.  And of course Nitori is still best touhou.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 ... 1575