Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1237 1238 [1239] 1240 1241 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376561 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18570 on: January 14, 2017, 03:30:39 pm »

"Hey Snake, avoid the Stryker with three easy-to-shoot guys and no other threat! Instead, go into the alley with infinitely-respawning PMCs on one side and infinitely-respawning militia on the other. Nothing will go wrong. Not a thing."

MGS4.
You can safely crawl through that entire level.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18571 on: January 14, 2017, 03:51:33 pm »

But I'm bad at MGS4
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18572 on: January 14, 2017, 10:05:57 pm »

But I'm bad at MGS4

That's okay, from what I understand MGS4 is bad at being MGS.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18573 on: January 14, 2017, 10:34:43 pm »

Went through Layton Towers to the Atomatoys HQ and the friendly resident Super Mutants immediately dealt with Piper. Apparently they detest cowardice more than they do humanity as a whole, because after running away to the building where one of the Layton turrets resides, I was killed instantly from about 70% max HP, no fuss.

Fallout 4, Survival Mode
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18574 on: January 15, 2017, 12:01:06 pm »

I discovered that my control layout has some overlapping binds, because MechWarrior 2 has more functions than most keyboards have keys. Once again I edited GAMEKEY.MAP, simply leaving the unwanted functions unbound.

The game doesn't like that one bit. I instantly failed the mission, for the sin of not having a key bound to ALL_PT_MENU. I received great dishonor and will forever go down in history as a blight upon my lineage. All before the loading screen finished, too!

MechWarrior 2.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18575 on: January 15, 2017, 07:23:38 pm »

While defending against a large armor assault on Xenotech Labs, me and two other engineers start repairing one of the AT gun towers. An enemy jumps up after us, causing considerable confusion(and friendly fire) during which I stabbed the attacker and would have killed him myself had I not forgotten I switched my battle rifle for carbine. The attacker goes down, but we're all killed a second later. Apparently, someone involved in a 3+vs1 melee fight on the 3+ side thought that a grenade was a good idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18576 on: January 15, 2017, 07:24:15 pm »

Fuck the Triggermen and their bullshit submachine guns.

Fallout 4, Survival Mode
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18577 on: January 15, 2017, 07:27:52 pm »

Apparently, someone involved in a 3+vs1 melee fight on the 3+ side thought that a grenade was a good idea.
Times like this I wish I had a sigtext to essentially upvote posts.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18578 on: January 15, 2017, 09:21:11 pm »

In this mission, some high-level Wolf Clan personnel are fleeing in a wheeled convoy. The map is full of enemy mechs and it's very easy to get sidetracked. Long story short, they got away and it's mission failed.

You'd think some truly badass Wolves would be in mechs defending themselves instead of running away, but maybe I just don't know enough Battletech lore.

MechWarrior 2.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18579 on: January 15, 2017, 09:50:31 pm »

Battletech's lore is only interesting from an archeological perspective: the actual books suck; you can imagine much more interesting stories by reading the Battletech wiki.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18580 on: January 15, 2017, 10:46:08 pm »

All I know is from the manual: that the Wolf Clan are wolf-themed honor warrior people and the Jade Falcon Clan are Asian honor warrior people. Also there's an actual Earth government and stuff but they're not in MW2 so nevermind.

I also saw an episode of the Battletech cartoon but it didn't tell me much.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18581 on: January 16, 2017, 04:37:55 am »

Obsidian is only found in caves and mountains. Knowing caves will fuck you up, I opted to tame a pteranodon and fly to the nearest mountain. Took a while, because the mountains are mostly on the North side of the map.

Went there, and had to sneak about because tribals were patrolling the place, and generally murdering anything they saw. On my way back I thought I was in the clear, but a Wyvern one-shot my bird.

I respawned and ran to look for my corpse. I did eventually find it, but ended up dying while walking back to my base, in an area too far from any spawn points to get back my stuff.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18582 on: January 16, 2017, 01:16:06 pm »

I died of laughter over making this.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:43:26 pm by ReynTheLord »
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18583 on: January 16, 2017, 04:24:49 pm »

I died of laughter over making this.

If you have a huge image in your post it's good form to put it behind a link or in a spoiler

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18584 on: January 16, 2017, 04:27:33 pm »

Fuck the Triggermen and their bullshit submachine guns.

Fallout 4, Survival Mode
My solution to them is to hide behind things and lob explosives or molotovs.
I tried that. Once. When he was in my face.
It didn't end well.

I ended up installing a mod that increases player damage to 2x, so it matches enemies' 2x damage. Which makes the game a lot less bullet sponge and a lot more "okay, nobody get shot once, or you'll die". Currently looking for Virgil.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1237 1238 [1239] 1240 1241 ... 1575