Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376681 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18540 on: January 11, 2017, 07:15:23 am »

Trying to find ways to sneakily kill my targets in the weird BDSM meat party. You start in a van with the body of a butcher, so his disguise is the obvious way to get into the building itself.

What the game doesn't reveal is that the butcher isn't dead- he's just unconscious, even though the cutscene shows you beating him on the head with a sharp metal object. Guards will be alerted within minutes, not just to the butcher disguise but to you specifically.

At least guards won't shoot you for running too fast or standing in the wrong place or smelling funny, like in Silent Assassin.

Hitman: Contracts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:19:15 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18541 on: January 11, 2017, 09:20:59 am »

Whyyyy do red dragons shoot LASERS!

Crypt of the Necrodancer.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18542 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:32 am »

Because it's awesome? I mean. If you were a red dragon, you'd probably be 'daw i probably only spit fire' then you go to attack a hapless adventurer and 'WHAAAZOOOWA' 'HOLY SHIT LASERS'

or something :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18543 on: January 11, 2017, 10:15:31 am »

Could be worse.  Who makes a fire dragon demon not vulnerable to ice in a series where the traditional oppositional elements include fire/ice?  Where all your past dealings with him had him vulnerable to ice?  Worse, who now reflects ice attacks right back at you?  And mocks you if you make the attempt, just for good measure.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18544 on: January 11, 2017, 06:10:22 pm »

The Battle Tree is just as bullshit as the Battle Royal it seems. I sent out Wishiwashi, they sent out Typhlosion. Typhlosion used Sunny Day, which nerfed Wishiwashi's Surf to be less than a OHKO. Typhlosion used Solar Beam, bringing Wishiwashi to critical HP, the fell to the next Surf(Wishiwashi's ability shuts off at the end of the turn). Next is Charizard. Wishiwashi is immediately fried. Raichu comes out, and one-shots Charizard with Stoked Sparksurfer. Next is Salazzle. Raichu can't hit first, and goes down in one hit. Metagross is last, and also goes down in one hit because Sunny Day was still in effect.

Next attempt, Wishiwashi goes up against Sharpedo, loses, but then Sharpedo loses to Raichu. Next out, Hydreigon. Cue ragequit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18545 on: January 11, 2017, 06:19:44 pm »

The Battle Tree is just as bullshit as the Battle Royal it seems. I sent out Wishiwashi, they sent out Typhlosion. Typhlosion used Sunny Day, which nerfed Wishiwashi's Surf to be less than a OHKO. Typhlosion used Solar Beam, bringing Wishiwashi to critical HP, the fell to the next Surf(Wishiwashi's ability shuts off at the end of the turn). Next is Charizard. Wishiwashi is immediately fried. Raichu comes out, and one-shots Charizard with Stoked Sparksurfer. Next is Salazzle. Raichu can't hit first, and goes down in one hit. Metagross is last, and also goes down in one hit because Sunny Day was still in effect.

Next attempt, Wishiwashi goes up against Sharpedo, loses, but then Sharpedo loses to Raichu. Next out, Hydreigon. Cue ragequit.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18546 on: January 11, 2017, 06:57:23 pm »

If it helps any battle tree (and maison and all the other postgame lv 50 battle arenas) have trouble with pokes that can change their typing.  I've destroyed battle maison with a zoroark* easily, and in Moon I've been doing quite a bit of damage so far with an Arcanine that knows burn up*  It seems the AI just can't figure out how to deal with opponents that's typing it can't figure out.

Also if you do doubles you can bring 4 pokes instead of 3, increasing your odds of having something the opponent can't deal with easily.  The opponents teams also are not built with doubles in mind, so you can get farther with a dedicated doubles team designed to work well with eachother.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18547 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:22 pm »

Mind
Null Element
The frig kind of Pokémon game are you playing?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18548 on: January 11, 2017, 09:30:49 pm »

I have trouble spelling psychic without spellcheck, and I don't know what it's called when a pokemon doesn't have a type.  A friend called it null element before.

Checking bulbpedia it appears to be called 'typeless'.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:33:05 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18549 on: January 11, 2017, 09:35:33 pm »

I believe he means Psychic - which Zoroark is immune to. And it is in fact possible for Typhlosion/Arcanine/Smeargle* to have no type at all, a pure Fire-type Pokemon can learn Burn Out, which hits hard*, but is only usable if the user is Fire-type, and using it removes the Fire-typing, which in the case of the two Pokemon(besides Smeargle) who can learn it, is a typeless Pokemon.

PRE-EDIT:Dammit, took too long typing that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18550 on: January 11, 2017, 10:00:12 pm »

Eh I got everything wrong.  I don't know where I got Burn Up from.   It is indeed Burn out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18551 on: January 11, 2017, 10:06:20 pm »

Found the uniform for the opium waiter. I turn a corner and walk into the real opium waiter. The game helpfully reminds me that there should only be one of us.

That doesn't make sense, it's a pretty big party. Can't keep the gimps waiting. At your BDSM opium orgy. In a meat factory. Which seems to actually be a working meat plant, even during party hours. Doesn't mean you can't have blood and meat all over the dance/sex/drugs floor.

Man, the first game must have been weird if that's where this level came from.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18552 on: January 11, 2017, 10:22:54 pm »

A ghost maestro/poltergeist threw tons of chairs at me until I used my last beef jerky to heal myself, then it powered up its attack, nullifying my debuff I put on it.  3 more turns of being hit by chairs finally killed me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18553 on: January 12, 2017, 01:05:13 pm »

I was hounded by scandal after spending a couple of days bumping elbows at the Shuttered Palace (really, just elbows!  They find the oddest things scandalous, like trying to write a book!  Okay, maybe I tried to include some subtly seditious ideas...  By accident...)

Anyway, I visited a church service to show everyone what a good citizen I am.  I got unlucky and only made things worse, causing me to be chased out of town and exiled to the tomb colonies.
Well fine.  I LIKE the tomb colonies.  Your stupid parties were dumb anyway.

Fallen London

I also got killed in the Demons The Possessed campaign but turns out we misread the first aid rules again.  So I got better.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18554 on: January 12, 2017, 08:43:25 pm »

Found the uniform for the opium waiter. I turn a corner and walk into the real opium waiter. The game helpfully reminds me that there should only be one of us.

That doesn't make sense, it's a pretty big party. Can't keep the gimps waiting. At your BDSM opium orgy. In a meat factory. Which seems to actually be a working meat plant, even during party hours. Doesn't mean you can't have blood and meat all over the dance/sex/drugs floor.

Man, the first game must have been weird if that's where this level came from.

This particular level was not in the first game.

The game you're playing is the darkest of the series, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 ... 1575