Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 [1236] 1237 1238 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376672 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18525 on: January 08, 2017, 01:08:59 am »

Restarted another new Long War campaign. The Cinematic Mode advanced option is so helpful for soldiers not sucking balls at shooting a bulbous alien head poking out from behind a trash can at ten feet, cough cough every single rookie in the base game

On the third abduction mission (which was the laundromat/restaurant map) I had a Gunner and Scout positioned behind the green spiderweb abductor thingy between the buildings, an Assault on the furthermost piece of the laundromat's outer wall perpendicular to the road, and a Sectoid hiding on the closer edge of the restaruant with low cover from the Assault and high from the other two. Guy had one health and some apparently pretty big clone-balls because he took a shot at one of the pair instead of retreating or anything, although I might have had someone in Overwatch and just forgotten.

Shot goes pretty wide, but before I can see the actual outcome it freezes. Darn thing crashed on me, probably because Steam decided to update it while I was playing? Question mark?

XCOM: Enemy Within (with Long War)
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18526 on: January 08, 2017, 01:50:58 am »

... I already got the best prize on the first try. I just thought that because I messed up a few times, doing better would get me a better thingy. FML.
On the amusing side, if you really screw up by the numbers...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18527 on: January 08, 2017, 08:14:44 am »

... I already got the best prize on the first try. I just thought that because I messed up a few times, doing better would get me a better thingy. FML.
On the amusing side, if you really screw up by the numbers...

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18528 on: January 08, 2017, 05:11:10 pm »

grinder and sigmund showed up next to each other, and when i tried to run the fuck away gracefully retreat, menkaure blocked my path

dungeon crawl stone soup

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18529 on: January 09, 2017, 04:24:32 am »

Troodons.

In other news, I've decided to uninstall Ark. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18530 on: January 10, 2017, 05:54:48 pm »

Battle Royals are the most cockeyed bullshit I've ever seen. You set up three Pokemon, and three NPCs set up nine(three each) Pokemon that specifically counter whatever you send out, then gang up on you, only attacking each other to steal your kills. I send out Ribombee, and the other three will have Rock, Fire, and Poison, guaranteed. Send out Scyther, and again, Rock, Flying, or Electric. Send out Raichu, they've got Dark, Ground, or Grass. Send out Primarina, they've got Grass, Electric, and Steel. I also think it's bullshit that Ambipom can learn Thunderbolt.

Also, opposing Pokemon seem to have significantly higher stats than they should.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18531 on: January 10, 2017, 06:56:29 pm »

not to mention the fact that the game slows down to an absolutely pathetic 5fps during battle royales

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18532 on: January 10, 2017, 07:01:04 pm »

Seems like the AI needs to be better tuned to not specifically target the player :P

at least in paradox games you only have a sneaking suspicious the AI is conspiring against you :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18533 on: January 10, 2017, 08:02:15 pm »

And then you realize that they're all murdering each other just as much :P

Bought a camera, wondered what it did...  Took a picture of the shopkeeper.  He took offense to that.
Spelunky HD

Final Fantasy Tactics (mobile) doesn't pull any punches in mission TWO.  And I hadn't figured out how to change jobs or learn abilities with this interface, so I didn't have a knight to tank.
Final Fantasy... Spirits Within :P

Having an ability which targets multiple people with splash damage is understandable when it triggers on the enemy's next turn.  Apparently that includes the nonsense turn rulers get when you do almost anything, including trying to run away.
XCOM 2

I rolled a nat 1 on my wingsuit when it actually counted.  I don't know why there's a roll, just occasionally it doesn't deploy.
Far Cry 4

A clumsy or outdated mod made a meaningless event play every week or so.  So I quit.
Crusader Kings 2
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18534 on: January 10, 2017, 08:04:59 pm »

Feral ghouls by the train station.

A random super mutant attack (at level 6?!) halfway to Corvega.

Surprise mirelurk buttsex at Thicket.

Accidentally shooting a settler in the leg while trying to skip dialogue. They weren't very pleased.

Fallout 4 Survival Mode. Jesus fuck.
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18535 on: January 10, 2017, 08:48:18 pm »

Made 22 metres in QWOP. I actually could've won, but I get too impatient and press a bit too longer than I should.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18536 on: January 10, 2017, 09:04:16 pm »

Accidentally shooting a settler in the leg while trying to skip dialogue.

I mean, that would end any conversation I can think of.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18537 on: January 10, 2017, 09:05:26 pm »

And end up with them killing me using their dinky little peashooters because I couldn't find the second one fast enough.
Black lives matter.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18538 on: January 10, 2017, 09:47:13 pm »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18539 on: January 11, 2017, 01:25:41 am »

My wannabe-lich was obliterated by Celia. I'd nearly brought her down, after kiting her around the tomb and blasting her repeatedly.

Unfortunately, I got triple-hit. She got up a Forgery of Haze, basically an identical clone with all her abilities, and rather than continue kiting until it timed out (or wait out my Rod of Recall activation and come back once I'd gained a few levels), I went in for the kill with my movement infusion. I did not notice that Celia's Forgery had cast Chill of the Tomb while I was repositioning... which is a slow-moving projectile that detonates in an AoE big enough to cover nearly the entire room, including where I was now standing. And apparently both Celia and her Forgery still had Invoke Darkness ready, a beam attack.

I was struck simultaneously by the incoming Chill plus double Invoke Darkness, and the combination dealt just barely enough damage to kill. Amusingly, I ran the numbers after the fact, and I would've survived... except I got clipped by the lingering AoE of Cold Flames. That 33 extra scratch damage was the difference between me surviving and consuming a soul to fully heal, and me being insta-killed on Roguelike mode.

Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 [1236] 1237 1238 ... 1575