Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375276 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18405 on: December 19, 2016, 10:46:45 am »

One last voyage, and I'd settle down.  I had a kid waiting back in London, one I'd never met.  The further east I sailed, the worse the nightmares got...  It was time to retire.  I didn't have what I wanted, but I... we, had enough.

But the last voyage needs to be a big one, right?  Apparently my peckish crew, frothing with madness in the green candlelight, disagreed.

Without a will, my child grew up on the streets.  Her only possession a tattered map of the zee...  now she zails in search of my bones.
She keeps the lights on, and gives the crew shoreleave.  And *always* packs extra food.

Sunless Sea
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821056632 (third-filled map, most locations are random though.  My friend was laughing so hard because I happened to miss the SW corner, heh)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18406 on: December 19, 2016, 05:54:59 pm »

Dipping my toes back in the water with PVP games. I went Caitlyn, which I didn't do great with but I didn't feed a lot either.

Nidalee, before they even locked in, was complaining about jungling without any runes/masteries. Then they proceeded to complain the entire match. Considering they went 0/7/0 they could probably have spent some of that time playing rather than chatting. Or picked a different champion/role if jungling was gonna be so bad but what do I know.

Laning against Blitzcrank and Sivir was pretty bad too. Blitz was totally onto my shit and covered most of Sivir's mistakes, including blocking my ult many times. He was also smart enough to step on my traps whenever I wasn't around to take advantage, something I didn't anticipate.

League of Legends.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18407 on: December 19, 2016, 08:43:13 pm »

The only point I contest is that Falmer Ears (and Chaurus Eggs, which admittedly they don't drop themselves) can be useful for potions. Otherwise I agree. Fuck the Falmer.

One time, when I was messing around with the console, I pitted mini armies of various creatures against each other. Dremora Lords destroyed pretty much everything I threw their way with minimal effort. Falmer wiped the floor with them. Fuck the Falmer.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18408 on: December 20, 2016, 07:23:21 pm »

I must have done something to bug the Learning Scenario, because the plot to kill my brother and steal his kingdom never worked before my scripted death at age 40, despite the plot power being past 100% for ten years. And none of my children were adults. So when I died I had to wait seven in-game years before my heir became an adult.

As the new king, I had very little to do. I didn't feel confident attacking the muslims to the South and I couldn't war against my now-uncle because he was fighting them. So I had to rebuild the plot - which was now near impossible because of the +100 relationship bonus for defending against other religions, meaning none of his vassals hated him enough to want to help me kill him, so I had to wait around with about 40% plot power (I had a lot of Intrigue skill, so a high natural chance). He didn't have an heir so it would still default to me. The guy was old too, so he was probably going to die soon right? At around 61... he was still alive. And now he had a kid, so killing him wouldn't be enough.

I declared war on him because he was no longer fighting the Muslims, and easily won several battles. It was more a matter of chasing his army than anything. And then he died, leaving his two-year old kid on the throne. Who nobody would plot against, and it was hard to get war score up because it was my first game so I didn't know how it worked.

And then when the army was decimated and it became a waiting game, muslims promptly declared Jihad on me despite me not doing anything, and now I have 4000 angry muslims on my doorstep.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18409 on: December 20, 2016, 07:30:34 pm »

"Plot power" is absurdly unintuitive.  Based on the wiki, which is likely wrong at this point, hitting 100% plot power just gives you triple the chance for the plot to fire.
Then uh, "another" 3x at 150%, and 200%.

Honestly it's weird and sorta dumb, but with some reasonable modifier in there:
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Assassination#Plot_power
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18410 on: December 20, 2016, 07:30:59 pm »

-snip-

Stuff like this makes me really wanna get into this game, but every time I look at anything resembling a price tag, it's way too expensive to pick up to try and AFAIK, there's no demo. Watching the game doesn't tell me if I'd really like it :/

'let's go fuck some shit up ca-'

*KABOOM KABOOM*

'oh shi-'

*KABOOM*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18411 on: December 20, 2016, 08:29:43 pm »

It's recently been on sale for some pretty good discounts. I'd say check it out during the Steam winter sale which should be starting any day now, see if it goes on sale again and hopefully falls into your budget.

I've put in 90+ hours so far, and enjoyed it most of the time. Despite the somewhat-dated graphics it's still a solid real-time 4X that does a lot of things most other games of the genre don't seem to bother with.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18412 on: December 20, 2016, 10:54:05 pm »

Hitting a baseball at 700mph at someone's face is really fun.  Not getting hit by a baseball going 700mph is also really hard.

Lethal League

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18413 on: December 20, 2016, 10:58:47 pm »

what about a baseball going 420 miles an hour
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18414 on: December 20, 2016, 11:17:07 pm »

We smoke that turkey all day erry day.

Edit: I can't believe that this ^ is the content of my 2500th post.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18415 on: December 21, 2016, 12:11:29 am »

We smoke that turkey all day erry day.

Edit: I can't believe that this ^ is the content of my 2500th post.
A shitpost to remember.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18416 on: December 21, 2016, 12:57:32 am »

Weapon 3 in Gun Nac is a homing weapon. Pretty good, right?

It would be, except there's no way to control it. Each bullet picks its own target and there is nothing you can do about that. Even if an enemy is right on top of you, every bullet can go to a separate corner of the screen for a completely unimportant target. There can also only be 8 bullets on screen if you're really mashing it, and the damage is abysmal. On top of that, they don't even always hit since they have such a slow turning speed, making the homing feature worthless.

Despite my best efforts to go for literally any other weapon, I got saddled with Weapon 3 for most of the attempt. I made it about halfway through the game.

Gun Nac.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18417 on: December 21, 2016, 01:02:51 am »

I killed a dozen or so kerbals without even leaving the atmosphere, while testing out VTOL craft.

I also launched an unmanned mission without an antenna again. This time i caught on while it was still in low kerbin orbit, and sent a mission to save the day by taking advantage of the KIS/KAS mod and installing an antenna. However, the first launch i experienced a staging error before getting into orbit and had to return. Second mission i forgot to actually put the antenna in the inventory. Third attempt i got there and tried to attach the antenna, only to habe it fly off into the void because i misclicked. Couldnt pick it up since it was technically its own craft, being the only part making up that craft. Fourth trip i brough the antenna and vowed not to fuck it up. Turns out i didnt think to bring a wrench or drill to actually install the damn thing. Fifth trip i finally got the goddamn antenna installed. By this point the colony module had been in orbit for a week or something.
I am really pretty bad at this.

Kerbal Space Program.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18418 on: December 21, 2016, 01:05:29 am »

Better than I've ever done. My "space stations" have been crew cabins with a solar panel on one end and the final engine stage still attached to the other.

Also, what kind of VTOL are you building that takes a dozen kerbals to operate? ???

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18419 on: December 21, 2016, 01:16:08 am »

The vtols only needed one pilot each. I just crashed a lot of them. A couple did have passengers on board. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 ... 1575