Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375290 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18390 on: December 10, 2016, 09:10:14 pm »

I finally scraped together enough gold to pick up a henchman before I headed into the prison. I decided on Sharwyn, not for any real reason, and went to find what I could in the jail.

Funny enough, it was lots of prisoners. I went into a room filled with prisoners, with some of the really dangerous Gang Leader enemies among them. Instead of waiting next to me while I planned an attack, Sharwyn immediately went into the center of the group to alert all of them at once. She died in a single round of combat. I tried to use a health potion before running, and that allowed them to catch up and kill me.

Neverwinter Nights.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: December 11, 2016, 02:27:08 am »

Launched a probe to Eve, to do some science. Didn't install any communications equipment. Before it has even left kerbins SOI it lost contact with control.

Kerbal space program
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18392 on: December 11, 2016, 10:49:48 am »

My empire controlled about 30% of stars in my borders and I had just blitzkrieged a fallen empire to gain 5 ring world locations and some sweet tech. I was setting up to beat the other fallen empire who had just awakened and started expanding away from me, when one of the big end game events happened.

Stellaris.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18393 on: December 13, 2016, 11:46:55 pm »

The Frostedge bandits are too strong... sometimes. I can take on the stronger ones, or even a strong one and weak one together... sometimes. But other times the strong ones just two- or three-shot me like it's nothing. I didn't even realize what was happening before I died. My only idea is, I aggro'd a lot of the ranged ones right as I began fighting one of the stronger ones (I think they're called Bulwarks).

Elder Scrolls Online. A surprising amount of people choose in-character names.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18394 on: December 16, 2016, 10:12:35 pm »

Tabbold the Kobold Berserker got overconfident and entered melee range of an eight headed hydra while exhausted, and unable to berserk. My plan to kill the hydra was to drop a spellbook, bait the hydra into stepping on the spellbook, invoke Trog to set the spellbook on fire, then go berserk and whack the hydra with my whip of electrocution until it died from fire and lightning. I did not realize I was exhausted and unable to berserk until phase 2 of the plan. Tried reading a teleport scroll to get out of there, but the hydra ripped me to shreds before the teleport activated. Hydra was pretty close to death too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18395 on: December 16, 2016, 10:32:02 pm »

Boss fight with the Intellect Devourer. I ordered Sharwyn to stay back and use her ranged weapons. She took this to mean "Stay back the first few rounds, then nyoom into melee range very fast like speed of sound".

Sharwyn got KTFO. Without her buffs, it was impossible to hurt the Devourer as its damage resistance ate my axe blows like they were nothing.

Only realized after I died that it's possible to use the Stone of Recall mid-battle, which seems kinda broken. A full heal and henchman revive, any time and any place, ain't bad for 50gp.

Neverwinter Nights.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: December 16, 2016, 11:57:52 pm »

Bully the Minotaur Berserker tabbed towards a fire crab and was blasted with clouds of fire. He didn't have any fire resistance and quickly burned to death.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: December 17, 2016, 08:57:07 am »

While AC3 Muliplauer is fun, I have a guest name for some reason.

I'm also really bad at multiplayer right now. Which could explain the lack of an actual name.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: December 17, 2016, 10:52:56 am »

Flew into the air with a concussion mine and punched a pharah out of the sky like a boss.  I then fell straight into the deathpit in the middle of the map also like a boss.

Overwatch.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18399 on: December 17, 2016, 11:23:09 am »

I sailed North.  I really knew better, from hanging around Fallen London, but I did it anyway.  Maybe I had survived too long, barely eking out a living, and was looking for an interesting death?
A ship with my name did return from the North, but almost all hands were lost.  The next day another was lost, along with our humanity.  We were just so... peckish.

Sunless Sea
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18400 on: December 18, 2016, 01:17:57 am »

I didn't die, but I do seem to keep running into game-breaking glitches. I can't interact with important objects, or NPCs won't do specific tasks.

Darksiders 2

Damnit Death, just place the lantern on the statue.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: December 18, 2016, 05:18:04 pm »

Not a death, but a ragequit.

After a rough start, my fledgling star empire was finally getting itself together and expand outward. We had been under the "protection" of a pirate band while we were getting on our feet, but once FTL was invented by my people and I had something resembling a fleet in operation, I broke the protection agreement. I figured I could handle any random pirate frigates that decided to make mischief.

The first problem was that several of my worlds had pirate strongholds on them thanks to their long influence in my region of space. They had to go, so I spent large sums of money raising army regiments on each colony and ordering them to attack the pirates. They put up strong fights, but I couldn't keep much of an eye on the battles because I received word that two of my newest colonies were being raided.

I check on them and discover that the pirates, damn them to the Abyss, had managed to scrounge up a couple of ancient cruisers. These things were massive, and filled with tech several generations ahead of my own despite their age. They easily swept aside the local defenses and began to plunder and pillage, leaving long before any of my reinforcements could arrive. When the reinforcements returned to their own ports to refuel and refit, the pirates returned to those same colonies to launch further raids.

Meanwhile, my attacks on pirate strongholds had mixed results. Several strongholds had been destroyed but others had held, requiring the training of additional troops to replace the ones lost and try more attacks. This took time, and all the while further raids were launched. One of the raided worlds even developed their own pirate stronghold, mocking me for being unable to stop single warships that could outfight my entire fleet.

Eventually the pirates offered a new protection agreement, and despite the large increase in monthly fees I took it. The massive pirate cruisers just sort of...hung out, not moving or doing much of anything for a few months while I began trying to rebuild.

Then the pirates resumed their raids without warning. One of my best research stations, deep inside my territory, exploded due to sabotage and killed my best scientist. I attacked and destroyed one of the last pirate strongholds on my worlds. Immediately afterwards, almost as though the pirates were responsible, a massive plague broke out on that same world and began spreading to others.

I had had enough. Quit without saving, screw you very much game.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: December 19, 2016, 05:04:01 am »

I found a place full of Falmer. I died many times, despite using the cheapest strategies I could in the closed space. Call of Valor is useless.

I hate fighting Falmer. They're ugly, their equipment is ugly, the items they drop are useless, their dungeons are no fun, their spellcasters are OP bullshit, and they're usually backed up by other no-fun monsters like Chaurus or Dwemer machines.

TESV: Skyrim.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18403 on: December 19, 2016, 06:26:51 am »

The only point I contest is that Falmer Ears (and Chaurus Eggs, which admittedly they don't drop themselves) can be useful for potions. Otherwise I agree. Fuck the Falmer.
Black lives matter.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: December 19, 2016, 08:50:00 am »

So, in the interest of challenge, I made a new character for Skyrim and set the difficulty to Legendary, having a variety of mods, one of which was an alternate start, I decided that some time not as the almighty min-maxed stealth monster would be good, I even put some thought in character gen! So I was plonked outside a random cave somewhere, and wandered about, eventually finding a nice ruined castle controlled by some bandits, "Oh goody," I thought, "This'll give me a nice meaty challenge!"
Boy was I right.
So, a good half-hour and seven levels later, I stumbled out of the cleared dungeon, having been killed countless times by such things ranging from 'surprisingly dangerous arrows' to 'bandit chieftains who can start instant-kills from full health'.
This is going to be fun, I can just tell.
TESV: Skyrim
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 1575