Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374993 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18300 on: November 15, 2016, 07:35:15 am »

This might've been an IRL death if I was over 50, but hearing the line "This presence, it must be Death!" accompanied by the music cue almost gave me a heart attack.

Persona 3 Portable

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18301 on: November 15, 2016, 03:50:09 pm »

Hand of Fate.

The Dealer is the most bullshit fight because it pits you against the most dangerous enemy in the game not once, not twice, not thrice, but four fucking times. No healing between.

Most dangerous enemy? It's not the bandits, it's not the rats, it's not the skeletons, it's not the lizardfolk.

It's the motherfucking camera angle.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18302 on: November 15, 2016, 03:55:17 pm »

Impaled quite thoroughly on a big-ass sword. Living armor are not to be joked with.

Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18303 on: November 15, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »

i thought i could take easily on the twins after killing all the mechanical bosses in my current Terrarian summoner playthrough......i was wrong....got short on buff potions, need to farm again for a second try.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18304 on: November 15, 2016, 04:49:18 pm »

Was playing Orochi Warriors 3 a lot yesterday.  I've been playing on easy because I just wanted to get through the story, play as the recommended characters, and not sink a ton of points into characters I won't normally play as.  So I'm able to get through most of the 10 star difficulty levels without too much trouble. Then I play on the level to unlock Yueying, which is only like 4 stars, and I'm not even sure what happened. I think she used her musou attack, and I might have been at half health, and then my character is dead.
So I went through the level again and defeated her before her cutscene even played.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18305 on: November 15, 2016, 06:25:56 pm »

All the time doing stupid shit in Fallout New Vegas.

Thankfully, it was accompanied by liberal (as opposed to conservative) use of the quicksave and quickload keys.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18306 on: November 15, 2016, 07:28:33 pm »

I found a psionic lich thing's brain-phylactery and skewered it with a particularly spiky bit of crystal.  The brain exploded into cute wet gibs.
That didn't stop its psionic manifestation from floating up and blasting me with an energy ball, though.

System Shock 2
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18307 on: November 17, 2016, 08:20:23 am »

I lost a life to Rumia. Not even the full version, easy midboss Rumia that doesn't even have a spell card.

I don't even get to try again at this point, I just need to come back later when I'm not so shit. Why has all my skill evaporated?

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18308 on: November 17, 2016, 08:25:33 am »

I ventured out at night in Terraria. Wearing nothing but tin armor.
And.. well.. Long story short, I got careless..

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18309 on: November 17, 2016, 10:27:50 am »

I just need to come back later when I'm not so shit.

That's not how being shit works. You just gotta keep at it! Don't give up!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18310 on: November 17, 2016, 03:44:35 pm »

I was busy, alongside my Suomenusko ally, conquering a small Finnish region... When suddenly, the entire Suomenusko population of Scandinavia, and part of mainland Europe, formed into a super-nation.

Woops... Seems I accidentally Finland in the 8th century.
I can tell what you're playing, but...

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18311 on: November 18, 2016, 08:30:19 pm »

I charged ahead to get a Life Piece. Unfortunately, I forgot to bomb just before, and ended up getting blown away by the boss.

In this game, you don't collect lives and bombs directly (at least that I've seen). You collect purple and green spirits, which grant Life Pieces and Bomb Pieces, respectively. Unlike the regular items which fall to the bottom of the screen, spirits stay in the same place they were dropped. That means they'll be in the center of a cloud of bullets, or right next to the boss, or behind a wave of enemies. Spirits also fade away in a matter of seconds, which means it's very difficult to get an extra life.

The music is also a lot less memorable than in previous games. All around, this game is my least favorite Touhou.

Youmu's sword attack is really fun though. She has a weak regular shot and can't shoot while focused, but instead charges up a massive sword attack that does tons of damage.

TH13: Ten Desires.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18312 on: November 19, 2016, 04:54:15 pm »

A Shiawase Grenadier deflected Duncan's neurostun grenade right back at his face. And Gobbet's face. And Racter's face. Those neurostun grenades of his have a rather large blast radius. So my entire team went to sleep in the middle of the room, surrounded by enemies.

There's always room for drek to hit the fan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18313 on: November 19, 2016, 06:03:38 pm »

grrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I HATE CIRNO SO MUCH I WANT HER TO DIE IN A FIRE

I don't know why I'm so, so bad at Cirno. It's like I have a mental block. I'll nick the corner of her shotgun attack, or fail to dodge the spread of Perfect Freeze, or let myself get trapped in Icicle Fall. Icicle Fall is one of the easiest attacks I've seen in EOSD, just weave between very loose strings of bullets and watch out for the yellow shotgun. It's easy even without the blind spot that happens in Easy difficulty. But I still just run into the bullets all the time.

TH06: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil FUCKING CIRNO OAUWRHKSBDV*Y$WT

I suppose it's a good thing that I love Beloved Tomboyish Girl, because I think I'll be hearing it a lot in the future.

I've played a fair bit of Touhou. I can confirm Cirno is the hardest Stage 2 boss. Even Parsee is only really scary as a mid-boss. Honestly, Cirno might be tied with Patchouli for the EoSD boss I'm most likely to die to. Icicle Fall is one of the very few spell signs that I ALWAYS need to bomb through and Perfect Freeze is random enough to sometimes get me out of nowhere. Plus her shotgun attack is brutal, especially on the higher difficulties. Cirno IS the strongest. Or at least top three or so.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18314 on: November 19, 2016, 06:07:42 pm »

I've only played EoSD and PCB, but I find Chen to be far harder than Cirno.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 1575