Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374961 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18285 on: November 13, 2016, 12:24:35 pm »

I imagine they're harder than they look? Or that they ramp up in later levels (I only watched the first five minutes). Sorry for the tangent, but I didn't want to necro the 5 years old Touhou project thread.

The Normal difficulty level isn't too bad until the last three stages, then the real beatdown begins. On Hard level, things get trickier quicker and stay bad. We don't talk about Lunatic level.

And the Extra Stages are quite difficult too, although they're generally not as hard as a full Lunatic run-through. I remember spending easily ~20 hours trying to defeat Ran and maybe 3/4 of that time on Mokou.

I haven't played any of them other than Lotus Land Story, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and Mountain of Faith. Mountain of Faith is a cakewalk compared to Scarlet Devil IMO, just comparing the bosses. I've never made it past Stage 4 of either, but in MOF it's much easier to get there.

Its probably because I've by far spent the most time playing it, but EoSD is one of the easiest Touhous. The final boss and stage 5 bosses are pushovers and Master Spark lets you just ignore spell signs you don't like. That said, Patchouli and the stage 5 mid-boss will easily wreck your shit and Cirno is the second hardest stage 2 boss I've seen.

MoF feels weird for me to play. There was a point where I couldn't consistently get past Stage 1 without dying. But the rest wasn't terribly hard until the final boss, who has some really annoying spell signs. Which is where the difference between EoSD and MoF REALLY gets driven home. In EoSD, you can just press X to skip annoying spell signs like Icicle Fall and Misdirection. But you get less bang for your bomb in MoF, so the really bad spell signs might take away more then one bomb/life. Plus, the MoF extra boss is easily the hardest one I've fought. This includes freaking Yukari, who at least uses less creative spell signs.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #18286 on: November 13, 2016, 01:10:16 pm »

I accidentally called a 150mm canon onto my head.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18287 on: November 13, 2016, 01:21:21 pm »

So, a headcanon?  (also what game?)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #18288 on: November 13, 2016, 03:26:54 pm »

Earth Defense force.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18289 on: November 13, 2016, 06:21:37 pm »

I was busy, alongside my Suomenusko ally, conquering a small Finnish region... When suddenly, the entire Suomenusko population of Scandinavia, and part of mainland Europe, formed into a super-nation.

Woops... Seems I accidentally Finland in the 8th century.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18290 on: November 13, 2016, 06:22:41 pm »

I got a lead that... things... had dragged some poor souls into a local mansion.  My character monologued that the victims would all be dead by now, but the cult might have information on the Invader.

I found a survivor, but panicked and shot him by mistake.  My character literally went insane.  I managed to barely hold it together through two more towns, then slipped up and... actually wth, wasn't I out of bullets?  I guess my character kept one in reserve.

In another attempt, I did much better.  Got to Stonehenge with the complete banishment ritual and lots of clues about the Invader.  However, I apparently misinterpreted them...  I banished its enemy by mistake.  It mistook me for a cultist, but my character declined to worship the god of pain.

... Not sure when the last time my character died to any of the monsters *directly* was, though they do fray the mind quite a bit.  If my character didn't have a gun he'd be nigh invincible.

The Consuming Shadow

What are you playing?!
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18291 on: November 13, 2016, 06:25:47 pm »

I got a lead that... things... had dragged some poor souls into a local mansion.  My character monologued that the victims would all be dead by now, but the cult might have information on the Invader.

I found a survivor, but panicked and shot him by mistake.  My character literally went insane.  I managed to barely hold it together through two more towns, then slipped up and... actually wth, wasn't I out of bullets?  I guess my character kept one in reserve.

In another attempt, I did much better.  Got to Stonehenge with the complete banishment ritual and lots of clues about the Invader.  However, I apparently misinterpreted them...  I banished its enemy by mistake.  It mistook me for a cultist, but my character declined to worship the god of pain.

... Not sure when the last time my character died to any of the monsters *directly* was, though they do fray the mind quite a bit.  If my character didn't have a gun he'd be nigh invincible.

The Consuming Shadow

What are you playing?!
:D
The name of the game is "The Consuming Shadow", by "Yahtzee" Croshaw of Zero Punctuation fame.  Everything he touches is great.
http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/conshadow/
I got it from Humble Bundle but my version isn't Steam.  Looks like it's currently Steam-only though.

It is so HORRIFICALLY good, I bought it over a year ago and I always play it when I feel especially dark.
Lasting value.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18292 on: November 13, 2016, 08:02:41 pm »

Adding to my wishlist!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18293 on: November 13, 2016, 09:21:42 pm »

The Consuming Shadow

What are you playing?!
:D
The name of the game is "The Consuming Shadow", by "Yahtzee" Croshaw of Zero Punctuation fame.  Everything he touches is great.
http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/conshadow/
I got it from Humble Bundle but my version isn't Steam.  Looks like it's currently Steam-only though.

It is so HORRIFICALLY good, I bought it over a year ago and I always play it when I feel especially dark.
Lasting value.

My Humble Bundle copy of the game got upgraded to a Steam key when Insanity Edition came out, didn't yours?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18294 on: November 14, 2016, 02:36:10 am »

I accidentally called a 150mm canon onto my head.
If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18295 on: November 14, 2016, 02:47:48 am »

grrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I HATE CIRNO SO MUCH I WANT HER TO DIE IN A FIRE

I don't know why I'm so, so bad at Cirno. It's like I have a mental block. I'll nick the corner of her shotgun attack, or fail to dodge the spread of Perfect Freeze, or let myself get trapped in Icicle Fall. Icicle Fall is one of the easiest attacks I've seen in EOSD, just weave between very loose strings of bullets and watch out for the yellow shotgun. It's easy even without the blind spot that happens in Easy difficulty. But I still just run into the bullets all the time.

TH06: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil FUCKING CIRNO OAUWRHKSBDV*Y$WT

I suppose it's a good thing that I love Beloved Tomboyish Girl, because I think I'll be hearing it a lot in the future.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:49:31 am by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18296 on: November 14, 2016, 07:31:03 am »

*rummage* *rummage*
Here, some music for your next run. ^_^

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18297 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:53 am »

I'm sorry itsnotlogical but I laugh whenever you have trouble with Cirno, because in 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom she's the super-easy first boss :P
I don't think she even gets any lines...

Haha Culise that video makes it even better! :D
She/they

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18298 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:26 am »

She's not even the first boss, she's the mid-boss(Letty Whiterock is the boss). I think she only gets a spellcard attack on Lunatic.

*rummage* *rummage*
Here, some music for your next run. ^_^

*listens*

Damn. Now you know she's the strongest.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18299 on: November 14, 2016, 10:34:41 am »

I'm sorry itsnotlogical but I laugh whenever you have trouble with Cirno, because in 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom she's the super-easy first boss :P
I don't think she even gets any lines...

Haha Culise that video makes it even better! :D

The thing is, sometimes I even get hit by Rumia (stage 1 boss). That's an instant ragequit, although it's usually my fault because you can get 300+ graze from her attacks and I'm a huge showoff.

I mean, she doesn't even have ten fingers. Come on. :P
Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1575